Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #55
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry G. View Post
Since it is obvious the art of name calling is your specialty (even more so than your knowledge of premium fuel), you calling me a troll reminded me of something I came across a long time ago, and I think it fits you perfectly. So to fully engage in a name calling war, I accept your troll declaration and return volley with, you are a CONTRARIAN TROLL. Just in case you are not familiar with the term, I'll share the definition...

The Contrarian Troll. A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls (see Natural Predators). Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. The Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice – all the while continuing to respond to them.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

Last edited by RUFFSTUFF; 08-15-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #56
Henry G.

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Ruffy youre a clever one, I've seen your type before on the internet. Here's the common M.O.:
You work your way into a board, make a couple introductory posts while of course making yourself look good (the bragging about how you chewed the dealer way down below invoice) and then target an opinionated and likely easy target (me). You then post the opposite opinion, politely of course only at first, provide a reference or two to back your claim, meanwhile not providing any actual information gleaned from your personal experience, or relative to the subject at hand. When the victim "takes the bait" and engages even remotely in any kind of name calling (cheap bastard, which I did not specifically call you) you spring into action as the offended but above it all intellectual, still not talking about the subject, or any personal experience.
Then you set your trap: You engage in name calling even worse (the not so subtle personal reference to my employement or lack thereof, the reading thing and sucking a golf ball thing) which of course will drive the victim into making outrageous and violent threats, condescending and illogical remarks way off topic, thereby publicly confirming the victims total lack of intellectual and emotional stability (so how did that go?)
Then (boy this is getting complicated) YOU post the rules that define how this whole thing should be really interpreted by others which of course is an elaborate spider web which should polish off the victim for good. This is acheived because the rules state that if the victim refutes any of the rules or name calling, he is of course fits that description perfectly and is "trolling". By this time you still have yet to provide any valid observations, personal experiences or information, have ignored that many of the things that you have in fact said is hypocritical crap that violate your own rules and fit your own provided definitions of the sophisticated villian name you chose to bestow on me (Contrarian Troll?; I think some band geek called me that in 7th grade or was that in a game of D&D?). SO it is with great honor that I gloriously take the slap in the face with your imported Corinthian leather glove, and respond: TROLL!
Go Dodgers!!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #57
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
all right children, that's enough, this thread has nothing to do with fuel anymore

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread