Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #37
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midon View Post
Even after I put my HID in them I had to adjust them a little. And let me warn you since the did not put the adjusters on a vertical and horizontal it a pain to adjust they pot the adjustment on the diagonal so you have to take a headlight out adjust put it back and look, repeat this about 20 times and you will get it were it needs to be.
yeah i had to do this a bunch of times behind my mom's suv and my brother's sedan to get the right adjustment as not to blind the hell out of other people. The long screws (2 of them) are for adjusting the high beam. The small screws.. there's 2 of them ... are used to adjust the projectors.

And yes, I do think you're right one is a little high. The left one seems fine.
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #38
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Hrmmm thanks for the reply. That kinda sucks that you have to remove it and adjust. As my driveway isn't flat and i can't excatly start taking my bumper off at some random place at night. Unless i goto some friends house to do it haha.

I'll see what i can do. Damn why does it have to be so much hassle.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #39
Midon
Mod Freak

Drives: 88 MR2 GT
I did mine at the car wash in the middle of the night had a cop roll by and ask what i was up to and watched for a bit then left.
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #40
ruimond

There's the two flater screws for the low beam. Is the visable one from the engine bay side by any chance the one that adjusts the height? Or is the one furthur in which requires removing the bumper the one that adjusts the height?

I can't test it out right now as i'm at work :P haha

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #41
Midon
Mod Freak

Drives: 88 MR2 GT
they both adjust height since they work by adjusting the beam on a diagonal angle you will have to adjust both which requires pulling the headlight out adjust and place it back and then look. I know it sucks and I have no clue why they did it on the diagonal instead of horizontal and vertical
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #42
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midon View Post
they both adjust height since they work by adjusting the beam on a diagonal angle you will have to adjust both which requires pulling the headlight out adjust and place it back and then look. I know it sucks and I have no clue why they did it on the diagonal instead of horizontal and vertical
don't u wish it were just one screw for up and down? and another screw for left and right? But nooooooo.... it works in diagonals!
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #43
ruimond

Got my cutoff fixed. Took about 1-2hrs. Taking off the bumper like 5times. I can finally see beams on the road. Haha. Much better visability. Thanks to a friend that helped me out. Damn these projectors are tricky.