Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
AliCLick

Drives: 2010 3DR LB, Meteorite
Anyone using the Proclip Angled Mount for iPhone? Have better mount suggestions?

Hi - new owner here (2010 2Dr HB Manual/Meteorite), and trying to figure out my options for using my iPhone 3GS with the stock head unit.

I'm looking for a mount that will work for music and navigation (TomTom app). The Proclip seems the cleanest choice (not crazy about window or dash suction cups), and friends swear by other Proclip vent mounts. But I'm not sure I'm crazy about the location that the angled mount puts the device in...seems kinda low and off to the side. And the price, yikes! Angled mount plus an adjustable holder with charger mount....almost $120 including shipping?

Anyone using this? Anyone else using something different that they really like?

Thanks!

Last edited by AliCLick; 01-14-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: added "iPhone" to title
AliCLick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
It's not that great. When you put it in, there's a noticeable gap between the dash piece sticks to and the silver center piece w/ the climate control knobs.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I thought about the proclip, as I've used their products before and have been very impressed. I didn't like the mounting position for their Yaris bracket though. After doing a ton of searching I settled on the Pro Fit MI3600 with the low-boy adhesive mount. I mounted mine to the right side of the driver's side glove box cover.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lCXZmBi...nting-Kit.html
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
AliCLick

Thanks for the feedback to both of you....the Pro-Fit looks interesting, and I think I like the position you found for it...hadn't seen that in all my looking around. I'm wondering if it handles an iPhone in a slim case.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
IsLNdbOi

It looks pretty form-fitting. You could try, but it'll be a very, very tight fit or won't fit at all.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCLick View Post
Thanks for the feedback to both of you....the Pro-Fit looks interesting, and I think I like the position you found for it...hadn't seen that in all my looking around. I'm wondering if it handles an iPhone in a slim case.
Mighty slim only. I use the Zagg Invisible shield (which is a thin scratch-proof adhesive film) on the front and back of mine and that's about all it can take.

Here's mine mounted:

Name:  Pro-fit.jpg
Views: 1966
Size:  136.4 KB
Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
IsLNdbOi

That's a cool spot to mount the phone. I wish they made one for the Sprint Touch Pro. 2.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
AliCLick

Indeed, looks great there. Of course, add a charger cable (and possibly audio out the top of the phone), and it's a little less clean looking. But something to think about.

Maybe it's worth it for me to drop the case. I use the Zagg shield on the front as well, but I've had a couple drops where I think the slim case might've been the reason the phone wasn't killed. I know, I know....stop dropping the damn phone.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCLick View Post
Indeed, looks great there. Of course, add a charger cable (and possibly audio out the top of the phone), and it's a little less clean looking. But something to think about.

Maybe it's worth it for me to drop the case. I use the Zagg shield on the front as well, but I've had a couple drops where I think the slim case might've been the reason the phone wasn't killed. I know, I know....stop dropping the damn phone.
With the right cable, you can get audio out of the bottom instead of the top. My Eclipse HU has an Ipod interface that I ran into the glove box, so I just plug that one cable into the bottom.

In the two years that I've had mine, I've dropped it wayyyy too many times (on tile, asphalt, cement, etc.) and have been lucky enough to have it survive every one of them.