Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #163
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
"Uppity internet forum users"???????? In Canada they are called potential customers.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #164
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko
"Uppity internet forum users"???????? In Canada they are called potential customers.
There are currently about 340 members on this forum. Are you seriously deluded into thinking we somehow represent a majority of Toyota's potential customer base?
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #165
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Drives: 07 Yaris LB 5 speed Meteorite
Ok, i've had it. I just called my toyota dealer and im going in tomorrow to fill out a credit app. then if accepted im ordering my damn hatchback. He said to order will be $500 down, off the down payment. So i really hope i get accepted through the credit app. If not i'll be seriously pissed off.
Leenis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:47 PM   #166
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenis24
Ok, i've had it. I just called my toyota dealer and im going in tomorrow to fill out a credit app. then if accepted im ordering my damn hatchback. He said to order will be $500 down, off the down payment. So i really hope i get accepted through the credit app. If not i'll be seriously pissed off.
Just so you know you should be able to place a deposit with only $100, or maybe less.

Goose, if they have a vin that means they know where it is and should be able to give you an estimate of when it will come. Toyota's tracking system should be telling them exactly where the car is now. If you placed the order today, or if you talked to the dealer today, it should show up within the next two weeks at the latest.

My new car manager told me that he will be knowing what he gets today, and it should come in some time next week. Odds are your dealer should be at least on a similar, if not quicker, timeframe.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:56 PM   #167
Goose
Car Geek

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Thanks for the info, why. My dealer has been very reluctant to quote any delivery timeframe; he doesn't want to get caught promising something he can't deliver (no pun intended).

Thanks again -- this board really is a great source of information.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:12 PM   #168
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

That isn't too surprising, but man he should give you some idea. They gets cars in all the time. They know how long it takes to get them.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #169
Leenis24
lil' town up north

I called this morning and got approved through the credit app. The sales guy said he'd try to get one of 3 hatchback 5 speeds in New england for me but if he can't we'll put an order through. The guy said ever putting an order through for the car you want, doesn't mean that i'll get it soon, it could take a long time. Don't know how true that is but...
Old 04-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #170
Goose
Car Geek

The guy who does the dealer trades and car ordering at my dealer told me a bit about the Toyota supply/shipping system. Why, you're right about the timeframe for delivery - although there had been a problem with the company that provided shipping services to Toyota. At least in the Midwest, cars are backlogged at the distribution points while the new trucking company works through it. Obviously this situation is causing delays in getting allocations to dealers.

Again, I don't know if this is a nationwide issue or just regional. Just forwarding what I've heard.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #171
ubetiam
"oh what a feeling"

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS (B) - 3dr
Send a message via MSN to ubetiam
I ordered my '07 Yaris RS - 3DR Blazing Blue - 5 spd with the B Package back on December 30, 2005 – The dealer actually placed the order in mid-January when the plant re-opened to produce the 07 models. It arrived at the dealer mid-March while I was out of the country. The manufacture date was Feb 8/07. I took possession this past Monday (04/17) and its been a blast. My advice, quit belly-aching and just order the damn thing from the factory and spec it to your liking and wait for it. Besides, 8-10 weeks is a fair time to wait for a personally spec’d car from Japan. (I am in Western Canada)

Oh, and I only put a $50 deposit on the car and it was delivered to the dealer with just that amount :)

Hell, my buddy spec’d a Cadillac CTS (built in Lansing, MI) and it took 12 weeks to arrive in Calgary.

I will post some pics of it this weekend.

“Oh what a feeling"

Last edited by ubetiam; 04-21-2006 at 07:45 PM.
ubetiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:49 AM   #172
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenis24
I called this morning and got approved through the credit app. The sales guy said he'd try to get one of 3 hatchback 5 speeds in New england for me but if he can't we'll put an order through. The guy said ever putting an order through for the car you want, doesn't mean that i'll get it soon, it could take a long time. Don't know how true that is but...
One of those 3 are mine. I should be getting it sometime next week. I hope you can get one of the other ones.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #173
Goose
Car Geek

Leenis24's statement about custom orders is accurate. I was shown a Tundra that was ordered with a particular option combo that had just arrived on the dealer's lot; it took eight months to be delivered to the dealer! The customer HAD to have it spec'd a certain way, and was willing to wait - no matter how long it took.

In order to get such a car, a dealer has to have a firm Buyer's Order and a serious deposit. Once the dealer can show this to their Regional Office, the order is placed into the Toyota system by the Regional Office. Only then is the car/truck slated for production; actually when it is produced depends on the production schedule. Obviously, such orders are not encouraged by Toyota and are not given any priority.

In short, unless you're willing to endure a long wait, have a variety of colors/option combos in mind when you talk to your dealer. With an open mind about what you'll take, you'll stand the best chance of getting a car quickly.

Last edited by Goose; 04-22-2006 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #174
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
One of those 3 are mine. I should be getting it sometime next week. I hope you can get one of the other ones.
Where abouts do you live, i might have missed it. Ya i hope i get one of the other two. I'll just have to wait and see what my sales guy can do for me.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #175
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

I live on Cape Cod.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #176
Leenis24
lil' town up north

oh cool, never been down that way. well, i've been in the Boston area quite a few but thats it. heard its nice though
Old 04-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #177
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

It is pretty cool. Way too many tourists though.

They only place I've stayed in Vermont is Stowe. There's a restaraunt there called Mr. Pickwick's. I have to get back there eventually.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:31 PM   #178
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
i'm heading your way this summer why?, going to visit my brother in boston and probably add to the volume of tourists,

(sorry)
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #179
Leenis24
lil' town up north

i have a couple friends going to be in Boston this summer. Probly swing down there too. Again adding to the tourist number, opps.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #180
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Hey, I almost never go to boston, it is about 2 hours away.

I stay near where I live.