Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #19
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Yep my last setup was 2 ID10s D2 with about 240w to each and they were in sealed custom boxes about .85 on airspace each and it pounded and was clear as a bell.....very good sub,I just sold three of them for $100......pains me still as the guy I sold them to listed them for sale for much more two days later.....guess he didn't beleive me they were kick ass subs....lol
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #20
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'm saying! A lot of people don't really get Image Dynamics.

As long as they don't get too big like Kicker and Alpine has. If that ever happens, I will never look at them again. Something tells me that they won't though.

I've been impressed with ID overall. It's a serious contender for pretty much any level of woofers that you want to look at.

That being said, I pushed them away with my install for the more "exotic" Elettromedia offerings. We'll see.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #21
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarislover285 View Post
I have a 2007 yaris sedan and I was thinking about putting a sound system in but I dont know what kind of subwoofer to get. Any suggestion???
I have an 08' sedan and just installed an Alpine Type-R 10" sub (there, someone posted it! ) in a vented sub box. This was recommended by Alien Mantis and this 10" sub whomps! It makes my rear view mirror absolutely worthless when the base hits! Check SonicElectronicx.com for prices, etc. At the time I made my purchase, both the box and woofer had free shipping. By the way, that sub box fits very well snugged up against the back seats under a little archway that is the top of the pass through when the rear seats are folded down. It wedges in there nice and tight. I have it postioned upright with sub at the bottom and rotated it to fit with the speaker facing the passenger side wheel well (I hope that makes sense). I still have a lot of space and the weight of the sub and box is more directly over the rear axle. The box carpeting is black and blends in nicely with the black trunk carpet. For the money, I don't believe you could do much better! Once you've made your decision and installed it, don't forget to TUNE YOUR AMP!!!

Also, I don't know if you have seen my thread regarding whether I needed another amp to power a subwoofer or not, if not, check it out HERE. I think there is a lot of good info in there. Good luck in your decision! I give this guy .
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #22
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
God yes tune amp.....if you are not sure how I can explaine it with the sites to goto to get 0db tones to burn to disk,and even teach how to step by step......lol......it is actually very easy,seems hard to do but it is not.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote