Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #10
camelll

Drives: 07 sedan
Awesome! Glad everything went well. I did have to do some adjustments with the spacers to make my pulley align correctly as I shredded a couple of belts when I first installed it, but once I got that corrected I never had any more problem with that. I loved and miss the whine of the compressor!

12.3 is a good spot to be in under full boost, my wideband hovered around 12.0 under full load and sometimes it would run in mid to high 11's. The unit is supposed to be around 7 psi but it was not uncommon to see boost pressures 9-10 on my autometer boost/vacuum gauge. It could have been very possible that my gauge was wrong, I don't think it was, it calibrated itself at every power up and the vacuum was always consistent.

If you have any throttle lag I would suggest you get (or make) a throttle controller. I had a violence throttle controller and it was a great complement to the system, but I had serious throttle lag. That was a "my only regret is I wish I would have done it sooner moment" aside from the compressor but I did that as soon as they were available.

You may also want to put the fuel controller in the cab, I had it in the engine compartment but I wish I would have put it inside to protect it from the elements as it will get dusty and dirty.

One more interesting tidbit is that you and thebarber are the only 2 that have a pink wire on the fuel controller. So if you go to the blitz website and look at there manual and wiring diagram it is different. If you have any questions or ever run into any problems please shoot me a pm and I will try to help you out if you need it, which I doubt you will, considering your already a highly knowledgeable and smart person.

Have fun and enjoy the compressor as much as I did, god knows I am missing it right now but the dealership wanted it off the car to take it for trade when my car comes in.
camelll is offline   Reply With Quote