Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
zkay

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan 4-DR
Bought my first Yaris!

Hello

I bought my 2010 Yaris 4DR Sedan on 4/13/12 and have been very satisfied with it. After consulting www.truedelta.com , www.carcomplaints.com and the NHTSA website for recalls I bit the bullet and began my search.

I wound up finding a white on black 2010 4dr sedan with 12k miles for $14,200 + tax, title and fees. I wound up talking them down to $13k even. It was a Toyota Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. It has power everything, and is an automatic.

I was going to try and find a new one, but most of them were $17k+ in my area (south suburbs of Chicago), and I paid cash.

Anyway, I look forward to having YarisWorld as a resource for any questions that I might have in the future. Thank you all for being here.

zkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Congrats, zkay. Nice Yaris! Wish I would have bought white. And you paid cash, which means no car payment! Can't beat that. You'll be driving that thing 300,000 miles from now.....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
vincentg

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
looks clean bro
Old 04-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
welcome to the club :)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Killchain

Drives: '10 Yaris LB Polar White
Welcome, congratulations and great pictures.......the cat is a nice touch.

Since you went with white............

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39
Killchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Welcome... and might I say, that is one very clean and nice Yaris!

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
zkay

Hello

Thank you all for the compliments. I like to think my wife and I did pretty well at the negotiating table. We certainly like it!

I have a question for you all, though: I tried signing my yaris up on the toyota owners club website ( http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/home ) and when I try to enter the VIN, it comes back with an error that reads, "Error - Please enter a valid Toyota VIN".

I have emailed toyota about this but have yet to hear a response. It was manufactured in Japan, as the vin starts with J.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
Killchain

Drives: '10 Yaris LB Polar White
Give it some time on website, I can't sign on at all. Maybe heavy web traffic and/or use.
Killchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
also double and triple check to make sure the vin is correct. It was a pain for me to register, but it did finally work. Haven't been back since though.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #10
zkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
also double and triple check to make sure the vin is correct. It was a pain for me to register, but it did finally work. Haven't been back since though.
Ah, I see. Well, I will keep trying periodically. Still nothing from toyota.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #11
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Vey nice in white . That be a manual tranny ? Enjoy your sedan and your stay . The cat looks to be the watchdog .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #12
zkay

I did wind up getting the Toyota Owner's site to work, Toyota got back to me pretty quickly. As for the car, I am greatly enjoying it thus far. I just did the first oil change on it, and it was a breeze!

Thanks all.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #13
jay cobbs

Drives: 2010 yaris sedan 4 speed auto
Hello and welcome fellow smart ride owner for MR J. I have many bolg about my baby the 2010 sedan in hot red I found her at a hertz certified lot and got a deal too with 6 year bumber to bumber, really and free car retals and roadside assit with motel and food covered and nation wide non toyoyta service if not avalibe if broken...awesome and toyta is near my house....What luck!... If you have a minute read my new 2010 sedan info..it might help you, if not give you a laugh or info.....just click my name on left and enjoy. The story on the sedan and why toyota cut off sales is the toyota police force saw one- night under some shop towels.....a camry and a prius in the park getting jiggy on the grass....9 months later... a beautiful SEDAN yaris was found nearby at a paid parking meter already undercoated and polished by passer bys because since it looks like a camry but drinks very little like its mom, people got that toyota happy feeling walking by......Yaris SEdans are the secret love child of a steaming affair between a camry and a prius IV. Has dads DNa and looks. And its moms " Zippy and SIPPY " nature. is name in the yaris circles in japan is..." SAPIT" stands for SEDAN AND PRIUS IN TANDOM... Sounds like your new love.....Go yaris go....Enjoy the ride MR J. and no Im just a humorist...not a nut typing from the mental hospital in the basement of area 51 ....Opps, the nurse is here with my pills and some more strap on wardrobe jackets to try on just now...Got to fly..... oh nurses, is there any more ice left for this martini.... Ha Ha C-YA JAY

Last edited by jay cobbs; 06-20-2012 at 05:45 PM.
jay cobbs is offline   Reply With Quote