Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
srm73

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
New to the forum

Hi all,

I have just joined this forum. I just wanted to introduce myself. I have an 07 yaris 2 door hatchback which I purchased in February 2014. The car has been running fine for me with no problems so far. There is just one thing that I am looking to find a solution too which is to at least have power locks or should i say (Keyless entry). Everything is completely manual in the car. I have looked into the DIY section and have seen some good discussions on this topic. I see that there are many after market kits available. I was wondering if I could be provided with some guidance as to which kit could work for my car as I have seen that some kits work for the cars that have at least power lock system in them already. I am sorry if I posted this question in the wrong section. Overall, any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
srm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Welcome.

I have installed kits in two Yaris and the aftermarket kits are definitely the most reasonable option. Avoid cheap kits, as I tried one cheap ebay power window kit and the actuator lasted less than a year. a1-electric.com sells much better quality kits and supports what they sell. The a1 lock and window kits that I used have been excellent.

For the windows, the other option is to track down a set of OEM motors and regulators (the scissor lift that sits inside the door). When my ebay kit failed, I switched to OEM motors/regulators and they work perfectly. They can easily be tied to the aftermarket relay unit, so doing a hybrid OEM and aftermarket kit is very doable. The same holds true for power locks. The problem though is that for 3 door Yaris the OEM power window regulators are hard to find.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
srm73

CTScott, thank you for all the information. So the kit at " http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_C ode=W01C-712T" should work ok for my car ? One thing I want to mention here is that my car dosent even have central power locking system. There is no switch inside the car to lock/unlock it from inside. I hope this kit is going to work for my car and is not too difficult to install.

I think I am only going to go with the power locks for now, it will make things much easier, specially in winter when locks get all frozen. It'll be nice to have power windows also though. May be some time later.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #4
srm73

Thank you CTScott for the information. Sorry for a delayed reply. I actually did reply to your message earlier but for some reason it never got posted. Anyways so the kit at “a1-electric.com” should work ok for my car for power locks ? I have read in one of the forums that some people who used those kits already had some central locking system in their cars where they could lock/unlock from inside. In my case, everything is completely manual without any central locking system. I hope that kit is going to work for me. Also, I hope its simple enough to do it urself .
Old 07-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by srm73 View Post
Thank you CTScott for the information. Sorry for a delayed reply. I actually did reply to your message earlier but for some reason it never got posted. Anyways so the kit at “a1-electric.com” should work ok for my car for power locks ? I have read in one of the forums that some people who used those kits already had some central locking system in their cars where they could lock/unlock from inside. In my case, everything is completely manual without any central locking system. I hope that kit is going to work for me. Also, I hope its simple enough to do it urself .
Yes - Their kits include the relay module necessary to add the central locking functionality. Add a keyless entry, remote start, or alarm to that to have remove lock/unlock capability.

It is a DIYable thing from my experience.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
srm73

Thank you CTScott for the information . I will order the kit and will install it myself.