Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-30-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
If you ship them to the US, and pick up, you may or may not only pay HST/GST&PST.
If you ship to Canada, then you will only pay GST.

Usually, the difference comes about 20-30$ for the bunch stuff I purchase which I rather pay than driving across the border.

Anyways, tell me how you like the dayco belt. I've not heard good things about them on the forum. I went with a Goodyear gator back instead, and has been great.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I will certainly let you know how I like the dayco belt. I too read about them on the forum, of course, only after I had purchased. I do like the sound of the Gatorback belts. When I went to test drive the 'new' 08 Yaris, the seller said that the belt squesks when the engine is started. He also said that he sprayed belt dressing on it. He found out afterwards that belt dressing is a no-no on serpentine belts. So, I did experience the squealing - quite bad actually. After about 30 seconds it stops. I'm bringing the Dayco belt, brake cleaner and stiff bristle brush when I pick up car and will change it in the driveway before departing.

I also found this interesting video on youtube about the Yaris and belt squeaking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRrVMtyIqIY

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote