Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
New truck

I've been tossing around the idea of trading my aging 98 Expedition for something newer. I did some research and I found some great incentives for the 07 Ford Escape Hybrids. The trouble is they are few and far between now that the 08's are out. The dealership up the road had one but it was optioned up to over $29k, but I decided to check it out anyways. It was already sold by the time I got there so I was checking out the non Hybrid models. It didn't take long to figure out that there was no enough cargo room for all the crap that I haul around. Then I looked at Explorers and was unimpressed. I could not believe how much they cost. I never realized that you could option an Explorer up to over $45k. Even a few must have options brought the tag to just shy of $30k.

I ended up getting a great deal on an 07 Expedition so I decided to make a lateral move instead of downsizing. If anyone is in the market for a large SUV I would recommend you take a look at the 07's. They are worlds ahead of their predecessors. It has more of a luxury car feel than one of a truck.

The craziest thing is it has a 6 speed automatic trans. It is constantly shifting. I guess thats how they got a 20MPG HWY rating on it, which is well above my observed 14 MPG 98.

I will definitely snap a few pics of it next to the Yaris for comparison.