Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #19
pc1x1

Drives: Yaris 2007 Liftback (Jan 07)
I thought it would, pm sent C2auto ;),
And 365 Don't worry didn't forget about you :)
pc1x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:38 AM   #20
365Motorwerks

Drives: Small and Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1x1 View Post
I thought it would, pm sent C2auto ;),
And 365 Don't worry didn't forget about you :)

No issues here competition is what it's all about...
I might have to hit up the folks at C2AUTOSPL as well on thier Yokomo kits
365Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #21
pc1x1

Quick update: Help me find these ;), and the best prices. I believe in capitalism, so the best price! and service/quality wins, though I want to be fair with everyone. I want to keep the total of all these mods, under $2000, so let me know ;).

TRD Emblem Silver/Red Trim Help me Find these!

2x VVT-I Emblem:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRD-2...94358769QQrdZ1

Engine Grounding Kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-G...QQcmdZViewItem

4x 17in Wheels: Heliums, or 5zigen 5ZR Prices GOGOG

4x 17in Tires Depends on Wheel!

Custom Lugs: 5ZIGEN PRO-RACER LUGNUTS GUNMETAL
http://www.c2auto.com/lugnuts5zig.html

Exhaust:
http://www.c2auto.com/toyotayarisexhtanmt.html

Cold Air Intake:
http://www.c2auto.com/yarisintaem.html

HID Light: Yaris World Vender Offer!

Seibon Carbon Fibre Hood w/ Intake VSII-style
http://www.seiboncarbon.com/pdut_det...asp?ItemID=732

Lighted Side Mirrors:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06up-...spagenameZWDVW

Mesh Grill Accent:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...spagenameZWDVW

C-One Spoiler, or similar look/quality: http://www.c2auto.com/toyotayarisextsplrc1.html

Tachometer: glowshiftdirect.com

Automotive Paint - Painted Brakes, Painted Roof
Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #22
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
This stuff looks really silly to me.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #23
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

I'm sorry I am really not ragging on you. I just think that the car is goign to look overdecorated with some of this stuff stuck all over it. I'll shut up now.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:50 PM   #24
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

The hood is so tiny on this car I'm asking myself why go carbon fiber. What kind of weight are you saving? I mean shit I bought a muffler tip it does nothing but look shiny but some of this stuff is as rediculous as putting 18 inch rims on this car. Just looks very silly to me.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:10 PM   #25
pc1x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
The hood is so tiny on this car I'm asking myself why go carbon fiber. What kind of weight are you saving? I mean shit I bought a muffler tip it does nothing but look shiny but some of this stuff is as rediculous as putting 18 inch rims on this car. Just looks very silly to me.
The Rims are 17in for a reason, its the maximum size for the Yaris without decreasing its speed/stability. The Carbon Fiber hood, is more of 1) A decoration, similarly to your exhaust tip. Now why? because I think its nice, and as an engineer, I like to make things my own.

Now I am 100% against ricing a car. Most rice things, look bad, because they are done poorly, or cutting corners. Most if not all the equipment I choose, are high quality things.

I took inspiration from alot of members here in YW. And they have some very nice modified cars. Perhaps when its finished maybe you will like it, even if you don't it wont matter, since its my car.

Now everyone is entittled to their opinions, and I do like criticism, my dad doesn't like half the stuff I listed there as well, though I would prefer if you didn't use the word "silly". On the same token, I am pretty sure theres plently of members whom have the opposite reaction that they like it.

Bottomline, I like it, and I am going to try to make it as close to the stock yaris, yet having that look, I want. As personally, I don't like the look of the stock yaris to much. And before you ask, then why the heck did buy go out to buy an Yaris?

One Word, MPG.

Plus the reactions on people in this forum, and my own research on Yaris. Seems like a great car for my current situation. I leaned towards the Civic Si, and Mazdaspeed 3. However at the current time, and because I am a bit eco friendly, and like my wallet fat, I went with the Yaris.

-PC
Old 03-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #26
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
The Rims are 17in for a reason, its the maximum size for the Yaris without decreasing its speed/stability
not true there guy, I would say 14's or 15's.. 15's seem to be the way to go due to the large choice in tires and sizes
Black Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 AM   #27
365Motorwerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
not true there guy, I would say 14's or 15's.. 15's seem to be the way to go due to the large choice in tires and sizes
Just my .02..
I love the look of 15's on small cars with a 50 series profile tire, plus you get a great ride! 14's will not give as much to pick from if you are looking for a sticky or performance type tire also rim selection is not as great. As for 17's I have run them for quite some time using the standard 205/40/17 tire they suck on bumpy roads which seems to be everything I drive on in CA the 205/45/17 is not quite as bad but keep in mind on low HP cars getting the 17's to spin up out of corners takes some doing compared to a 15 of similar weight just due to the rotating mass... I say if you like to drive stick to a 15 you will have more fun, if you want the look go with the 17 but you ride will suffer...that being said I have went from 17's to 15's on cars before and swore I would never run 40's again only to have them mounted a few months later cause I loved "the look" so take my advice with a grain of salt as they say!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:08 AM   #28
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
drop 16x8 rims onto the car!!!! work great with 205/45016 tires. Toyo Proxes T1R hehe.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:31 AM   #29
nonopeno

Drives: Yaris RS 4dr
if you guys are thinking of making the eyelids, please do share the info! i have been looking around for a while!
nonopeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:35 AM   #30
pc1x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 365Motorwerks View Post
Just my .02..
I love the look of 15's on small cars with a 50 series profile tire, plus you get a great ride! 14's will not give as much to pick from if you are looking for a sticky or performance type tire also rim selection is not as great. As for 17's I have run them for quite some time using the standard 205/40/17 tire they suck on bumpy roads which seems to be everything I drive on in CA the 205/45/17 is not quite as bad but keep in mind on low HP cars getting the 17's to spin up out of corners takes some doing compared to a 15 of similar weight just due to the rotating mass... I say if you like to drive stick to a 15 you will have more fun, if you want the look go with the 17 but you ride will suffer...that being said I have went from 17's to 15's on cars before and swore I would never run 40's again only to have them mounted a few months later cause I loved "the look" so take my advice with a grain of salt as they say!
From what I checked 17in would be the max, without really degrading the ride, at least not significantly. If thats not correct, thats fine, if you can point me to some research or etc on it. Also doesn't the Yaris TS, run on 17's? And yea 15's are kinda tiny, though I think 18's-20's are way to big. I could always get 16's lol, and go the middle route, depends on price and availability. I want the looks, but Performance is 1st. So we'll see ;)
Old 03-26-2007, 12:35 AM   #31
pc1x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
drop 16x8 rims onto the car!!!! work great with 205/45016 tires. Toyo Proxes T1R hehe.
Got any suggestions? (on rims)
Old 03-26-2007, 12:49 AM   #32
365Motorwerks

Quote:
From what I checked 17in would be the max, without really degrading the ride, at least not significantly. If thats not correct, thats fine, if you can point me to some research or etc on it. Also doesn't the Yaris TS, run on 17's? And yea 15's are kinda tiny, though I think 18's-20's are way to big. I could always get 16's lol, and go the middle route, depends on price and availability. I want the looks, but Performance is 1st. So we'll see ;)

Just take a ride in a car with 17's and 40's you'll see what I mean it's not the numbers that matter it is the fact that the sidewall has to be super stiff to make sure that your rim is not damaged when you hit potholes and such, the 45's are ok and a OE pick for some manufactures but again you have to experience yourself to understand. Most performance tires that would mount up on such rims are going to be louder and will grip the road better I know that is what they are supposed to do..but driving down a grooved road they will pull the car around a bit..not trying to steer you into another rim size, just inform you. I prefer my cars setup for backroad driving which are usally on poorly maintained roads so I need a little cush in the sidewall (I have bent too many 17's with 40 series tires) and a performance suspension that is not super stiff as corners at speed will bounce you all over the place if there is nothing that give on your ride!

Ysrdgn had a good compromise with the 16" rims and 45 series sidewalls
Old 03-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #33
pc1x1

Quote:
Just take a ride in a car with 17's and 40's you'll see what I mean it's not the numbers that matter it is the fact that the sidewall has to be super stiff to make sure that your rim is not damaged when you hit potholes and such, the 45's are ok and a OE pick for some manufactures but again you have to experience yourself to understand. Most performance tires that would mount up on such rims are going to be louder and will grip the road better I know that is what they are supposed to do..but driving down a grooved road they will pull the car around a bit..not trying to steer you into another rim size, just inform you. I prefer my cars setup for backroad driving which are usally on poorly maintained roads so I need a little cush in the sidewall (I have bent too many 17's with 40 series tires) and a performance suspension that is not super stiff as corners at speed will bounce you all over the place if there is nothing that give on your ride!

Ysrdgn had a good compromise with the 16" rims and 45 series sidewalls
Yea I am looking into it, one thing though, I live in south florida, so everything is flat.... I mean everything, the highest point here, is the dumpsters! I'll check on some prices, and 365 if you can look into it for me as well be nice ;). I want to see the difference between price on 16 and 17. And unfortunately I can't test this myself with 17 in rims, because I never owned Rims before!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #34
365Motorwerks

Quote:
I'll check on some prices, and 365 if you can look into it for me as well be nice ;).
PM'd ya
Old 03-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #35
pc1x1

Quote:
PM'd ya
PM'd ya back ;)
Old 06-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #36
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
He said eyelids, NOT eye shadow.. drag queen
That exact model is now available in a GB! Go get your name in there already!