Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-09-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by churp View Post
Just stating my O....grew up on the farm with Johny poppers, an old H, and the old granny low pickup. Just believe in some instances an auto can be considered in the same category as ABS brakes.....for most of us it's a safety factor, with a 5 speed I wouldn't normally shift to 2nd or 3rd while passing anticipating someone suddenly appearing head on. IMO ABS and an Auto aren't for fun or racing, but they make sense in everyday driving. Would have picked standard for my Yaris if I didn't have other toys.
I have an auto (Tiptronic) luxury car and really feel that it moves me away from being a driver and makes me a rider. If true safety was our concern in this country then we should ban cell phones when driving, remove the radio & cup holders and require annual driver testing which requires written, oral and practical driving skills. Most folks (IMO) are piss poor drivers that do not concentrate any further then there own hood ornament. It seems as if though there is an automatic device in many cars that inverts the rectum with the cranium when the drivers seat senses any sort of weight placement.

BTW, the current gen ABS, or traction control I do enjoy. The first few attempts (80's) where terrible as you had in essences anti-breaking under certain conditions such a packed snow. You simply kept rolling through intersections/red lights with those wonderful designs.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksan View Post
I have an auto (Tiptronic) luxury car and really feel that it moves me away from being a driver and makes me a rider. If true safety was our concern in this country then we should ban cell phones when driving, remove the radio & cup holders and require annual driver testing which requires written, oral and practical driving skills. Most folks (IMO) are piss poor drivers that do not concentrate any further then there own hood ornament. It seems as if though there is an automatic device in many cars that inverts the rectum with the cranium when the drivers seat senses any sort of weight placement.

BTW, the current gen ABS, or traction control I do enjoy. The first few attempts (80's) where terrible as you had in essences anti-breaking under certain conditions such a packed snow. You simply kept rolling through intersections/red lights with those wonderful designs.
Agree with everything you say here, just that I like auto in my dd.