Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Nexus 1, Droid, or HTC something?
Get the Nexus 1 10 25.00%
Get the Droid 7 17.50%
Wait for the HTC Incredible or Evo 20 50.00%
They're all the same, get the cheapest 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #451
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
^ thats probably why the backing of HTC Incredible changed, the material. Almost same internals like HTC One S but different shell.

Makes me feel better getting it even more lol.

randeez - how is your significant other liking the Droid Bionic? I heard complaints from users of it.

I know my Dad hates the Droid 2 global i got for him, so I have to go and root it for him.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #452
randeez

Drives: 2008 3dr
good so far, been a few weeks. we dont really mod our phones, most i've done is rooted my old phone so i cant really give ya any input in that area. battery life seems to be decent and recharges from low bat quickly. grandfathered in unlimited data plan for two of the lines with verizon, otherwise i hate them. we dont get 4g service at home, but work and school we get solid 4g. it also gets a lot better signal then my inc if they're right next to each other - not sure what thats about.

what are people having problems with them?? i didnt really compare to much before getting it, i just knew i didnt want to pay anymore then i already was for a decent 4g phone
randeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #453
escotric

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Id just get an iphone. lol
escotric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #454
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
@escotric Beware... peeps hanging out in this thread saying "get an iPhone" end up buying an Android phone eventually.

Resistance is futile ... you will be assimilated

hahaha I'm kidding! :)
Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #455
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
haha, don't iphones not have 4g anywhere?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #456
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Drives: 2010 LB
iphones suck :/

I am *in love* with my Vivid ... I proposed, but it said no .... kinda hurt, but I'll get over it. I will never go back to another phone of another maker again. This phone is as treasured to me now as my car and my dogs are. There is no amount of money I would give it up for....unless it was enough to buy another one + some ... haha

I should have made the switch to an HTC a long time ago. I would have been a happier girl.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #457
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lynn View Post
iphones suck :/
I love you.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #458
escotric

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
@escotric Beware... peeps hanging out in this thread saying "get an iPhone" end up buying an Android phone eventually.
Iphones rock! Really depends on how your desktop applications are set up to sync via mobile (ie: itunes, outlook, utilities, etc) . Itunes - Media and Apps, Image Capture - Pictures and Video. Drag and Drop.

Android is swiss cheese when it comes to security (Enterprise customers prefer Apple over Android) and their applications doesn't look as clean nor simple. Whats the point of having a gigantic clock on your home screen when its already on the right corner...... (ie: sense UI)

I owned a Droid X, yeah yeah roms builds modded you know the gist. Constant foruming for the next hot new roms. It was nice, though the UI was lacking that "oomph". I own an Ipad, Macbook Pro, Ipod and Iphone and all I can say is:

Macs rule and if you are a Mac hater, you need to at least try Apple products and give em a chance.

As for everyday mobile, Iphone. Personally.
escotric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #459
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
If you manage to get a job in creative media, then sure, Apple is all you.

Otherwise, as a computer science major, I'ma have to stop you right there. Apple products blow. Way overpriced. The only good argument for owning a Mac is that you prefer the lack of viruses. The reason there's a lack of viruses is because no hacker is going to be using a pos to do their hacking, and if you know what you're doing, viruses on normal computers are no big deal. I'm no Microsoft fan, the only microsoft product I actually own being a Zune, but I'm just saying.

Also, I used Apple products in High school for everything; it was all we had, and miserable memories of those hours attempting to make videos for them to instantly disappear for no reason abound.

/rant :D
Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #460
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
We should probably keep this thread more focused on Android rather than Android v. Apple, just sayin'

unless of course it's to do constructive comparisons

(we managed to go close to 500 posts without fighting in here, would love to keep it that way )
Old 04-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #461
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidermandud View Post
If you manage to get a job in creative media, then sure, Apple is all you.

Otherwise, as a computer science major, I'ma have to stop you right there. Apple products blow. Way overpriced. The only good argument for owning a Mac is that you prefer the lack of viruses. The reason there's a lack of viruses is because no hacker is going to be using a pos to do their hacking, and if you know what you're doing, viruses on normal computers are no big deal. I'm no Microsoft fan, the only microsoft product I actually own being a Zune, but I'm just saying.

Also, I used Apple products in High school for everything; it was all we had, and miserable memories of those hours attempting to make videos for them to instantly disappear for no reason abound.

/rant :D
anddddddddd now I love you back
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #462
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

I know it's not a true Droid - but uhhh has anyone played with the Note yet?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #463
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
you mean the Galaxy Note? I did and I think its overkill. There is a sweet spot for screen sizes and 5.3 across is too big for a phone and too small for a tablet in my opinion. Ideal size for me at least is the 4.3in across you have enough reach to use it one handed and its big enough to display everything properly. And it is an Android JLynn (if we're talking about the same Note). Its fast and responsive just too big for my taste.
I meant like an HTC phone - I know it's a droid, just not an HTC droid.
The Mr. has the Samsung Infuse and he loves it - and I do, too. The screen size is perfect - it's only about 1/4" larger than mine ... but I wish mine was that big. But yeah, I think the Note may be toooo big. BUT, all the features it has makes me want one. That's what I was going to get when I decided on the Vivid - I just wasn't going to pay $299 even after my upgrade credit, when I got the Vivid for $.01 (refurb) lol
Old 04-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #464
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Thomas, how are you liking your Galaxy Nexus?

I know the front facing camera is HD capable (never mentioned by anyone) but how does the camera fair in night shots and day shots compared to other 8mp camera out there on HTC devices?

Hows Google Wallet working out for you there?

Sick of reading reviews on it from those critics
Old 04-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #465
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Me and my better half just got brand new DroidMaxx'. and we love them sofar. Battery life on these are incredible. I can easily go 2 days without charging, If I stay off wifi.

I dont have much to compare other than my friends who have all sorts of smartphones. I came from a LG Dare and she came from a Palm. Both are horribly outdated.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #466
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Me and my better half just got brand new DroidMaxx'. and we love them sofar. Battery life on these are incredible. I can easily go 2 days without charging, If I stay off wifi.

I dont have much to compare other than my friends who have all sorts of smartphones. I came from a LG Dare and she came from a Palm. Both are horribly outdated.
non removable battery is a bummer for me.

Love how thin it is though!
Hows the clarity on it?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #467
randeez

Drives: 2008 3dr
soo where we at on this, which phone is at the top of the list now-a-days? i'll be needing a new droid on verizon in the next month to replace my battered incredible. other line with the bionic i do like the increased size, i think the camera sucks though- i havent been able to get it to take a nice picture yet. and i probably won't be spending any more then 150-200 on it (with verizon upgrade crap)
randeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #468
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

HTC Incredible 4g coming in a few weeks...since the site leaked it yesterday morning. Following HTC One S line but w/ removable battery? and external storage. Should be priced around 150-200...