Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-31-2011, 08:17 AM   #37
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Darn you guys and your rightness. Pulled the kit out of the box and found some stuff out. Yes the turbo needs to be clocked. But also, no downpipe, no blow off valve, and loosely fitting intake system. Hmm. When I sent a text to the guy, he didn't reply as nice as when he was trying to sell the kit, figures. I'll post a video of what was in the kit. This is where you all get to say, I told you so. Worst part is, in the back of my mind the whole time I was trying to buy this "kit" I had a feeling yall were right and i should stay away from this. Now I get to see if this kit is worth salvaging or if I should just make wall art of this mess.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:21 AM   #38
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Sorry about that. If you want to salvage a "kit" from it, study pimpmyaris old thread for his parts sources.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #39
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleTimeTim View Post
so, one of the guys really wanted me to at least try the kit, so he bought it for me for 200.
Who actually spent the $200? Way I read it, you've gotten a 'no personal loss' experiment sitting on your garage floor.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #40
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
you could probably part it out and sell it in peices instead. probably get your money back if not at least half.

also what weeyari said.. sounds like you got this for free. did you?
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #41
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Sorry about that. If you want to salvage a "kit" from it, study pimpmyaris old thread for his parts sources.
eh, its my fault for not listening to you guys. yeah, i did read the thread a few weeks ago, may have to re read it.

my friend did buy the kit for me, but if i don't put it on the car i feel like he wasted 200, so i may try to sell parts and give him as much as i can back.

Is it even possible to go on with this kit? i prob couldn't find a match up downpipe. hmm, tough stuff. ill post video.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #42
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

and i do know the intake is not in the right place, i just threw it together for viewing purposes. however, it came with a filter but no tubing to make an intake out of.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=786160481481
Old 09-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #43
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Like I said -- you can source all the same parts pimpmyyaris used -- The only part he bought from us is the exhaust manifold, which you already have.

I'm pretty sure he fabricated a downpipe. If that's true, you need a shop to make some items for you.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #44
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

guess i need to reread his thread real quickly.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #45
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
There's no reason you can't make this work. I think the problem is you expected it to be slap on and go? That's more or less what the Zage kit is for. It wouldn't be too difficult (or nearly as expensive as the Zage kit) to have the remaining parts you need fabbed up. Some stuff (intercooler piping) you can just buy online after you measure it all out.

Don't give up so soon on being boosted!
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #46
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

im gonna carry my turbo around tomorrow and stop by some exhaust shops and see if i can make something happen. gotta take time to figure out how to clock the turbo. then ill search for oil pan and blow off valve, and finally measure up and see how much piping i will need.

gonna take some time unfortunately, but for a good cause. just wish the turbo had some sort of model number or something on it, so i can know if its even the right size.

thanks for help and support.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #47
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

You don't need a new oil pan. Tap into the block for your return line.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #48
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

getting denied a downpipe from a few places due to the oblong shape of the turbo side. i was told to check with welders. i'll keep looking.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #49
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I can get parts now from Zage. Let me know if you want a downpipe or any other parts from the kit I sell.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #50
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

think the zage downpipe will fit my kit? send me a link and price and ill check it out
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #51
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

so, i lack costs for a custom exhaust to be made, which is what i'd have to do. however, i am taking a look at an eagle talon full exhaust that he had hooked up to a t3/t4 to see if itd fit. he only wants $60. i also put this turbo on craigslist in case i don't find a fitment, and i have a guy with an xb offering to trade me his carbon fiber fender flares that have never been installed. they are the rivet-less ones. what do you guys think?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #52
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Only the fronts will fit off the xB, the rears are tapered for doors.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #53
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

hmm, good thing to consider. thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #54
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

So, I'm trying to get moving on this project again. After some research for a downpipe flange its looking like I may have some sort of garret turbo cause the t22 t25 flanges look like a perfect match. I think I'm gonna order a flange and go by Arkansas performance exhaust to get a quote on a downpipe. Anyone know the specs I would need to tell them for the downpipe? Also, would you suggest 2.5 inch piping? I found a guy selling some turbo parts off his 240 and he offered me his blow off valve with 2.5 inlet for 50 it comes with a boost controller. Good idea? I can try to post a video late tonight. I also found some letters I overlooked on my turbo a while back. It says TBO real big. Then like m3 a8 hope it isn't talking about BMW or Audi. Hah.