Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #37
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
brickhardmeat, I think we've established no power for you!! lol
Honestly, thirty-nine, it's up to you whether or not you want it. everyone has their own preferences. if you prefer not to get it (and it seems that way to me), then just don't get it! Problem solved!!
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #38
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Sherry, I understand it's my decision. However, I wanted to see what other's preferences and experiences were regarding the matter. So far, this thread has been very helpful.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:03 AM   #39
adamschneider

Drives: Bayou Blue 2dr, AT
I didn't get the PP, just because of the additional $1000 or so. (I bought an automatic, so that was my "splurge.") I'll admit that power locks might be nice, but I really don't care about power windows.
adamschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #40
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
I bought the automatic as well and couldn't care less about the power option package ($1290), but my wife really wanted it.

The dealer only had one Yaris... Red, automatic, power package. So, that's what we bought.

Here are the things I like about the power package:

1. Power windows: It's actually nice to be able to roll the passenger window up and down at will. The Yaris is a peculiar design in that the air doesn't flow into the cabin and make all kinds of noise when the windows are open, so I find myself cracking the windows often for ventilation rather than putting on the A/C.

2. Power mirrors: Great when my wife has just driven the car and I need to readjust. But, if you're the only driver, then this isn't a handy feature.

2. 60/40 split rear seat with recline and slide: This is great for luggage plus a rear seat passenger. It's been very handy when my 9-year old is in back as I can still fold down part of the seat for the things I'm carrying. The slide function has been really useful too, and reclining the rear seat makes it much more comfortable.

3. Rear wiper/defroster: Well, I don't use this alot in Florida, but I can see where many would find this feature handy.

4. AM/FM/CD/MP3: I like the stock stereo system just fine.

Here are the things I don't like:

1. Power door locks: I guess they're okay as a safety feature. But they are a pain in the ass! I hate that I always have to remember to unlock the passenger door when exiting the car if I want to access it.

2. The 15" steel wheels and caps. No big deal if you want to upgrade wheels and tires anyway.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:54 AM   #41

Drives: 07 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
Where did you get this info? I looked up the option packages on Edmunds.com and the power package (PP) isn't shown as including side air bags or ABS. They are shown as separate options.
you can get the side air bags without the power but you cannot get the power without the side airbags. this is for the PNW territory

just as thirtynine stated.

the problem with edmonds, kelly blue book is that they are not accurate to specific regions and there is a disclaimer on those sites telling you so. toyota runs mainly on preferance
Old 07-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #42
Matt_in_Mpls

I just bought mine yesterday. I went with the power pkg. because 1) that's the one I could get with a stick, but mostly because 2) I understood that's how I could get the rear window defroster. That feature's not optional in Minnesota.
Matt_in_Mpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #43
Thirty-Nine

The way I understood it is that you could get the rear defroster with the convenience package if you don't get the power package.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #44
Matt_in_Mpls

You might be right. I needed to buy right away, so I needed to pick from available in-stock cars; I wasn't picking from the full range of possible options. I do know I wouldn't have bought anything without the rear defroster.
Matt_in_Mpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #45
Thirty-Nine

Having grown up in Minnesota, I understand.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:48 AM   #46
adamschneider

Drives: Bayou Blue 2dr, AT
Hey, I grew up in Minnesota too. Seems to be a well-worn path from there to Portland. I think the rear defroster is a must-have anywhere, although out here, we need it as a defogger more than a defroster, because 40° and rainy (typical December weather) can really cloud up the windows.

And yes, the "convenience package" does include the rear defroster -- in the NW, anyway.
adamschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:12 PM   #47
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
I don't have A/C, in warm weather windows are the only escape. Power windows would be very nice since is so long to lower both windows in front. Keyless entry is also nice since without 'em rear hatch opens only with the key... how many times I had to shut off the engine, in order to open the hatch
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:02 PM   #48
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hystria View Post
I don't have A/C, in warm weather windows are the only escape. Power windows would be very nice since is so long to lower both windows in front. Keyless entry is also nice since without 'em rear hatch opens only with the key... how many times I had to shut off the engine, in order to open the hatch
If you have power locks, u can press the unlock button and the rear hatch is unlocked as well. or whenever you enter your car, turn it to unlock twice in the key hole and everything unlocks

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote