Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #55
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Anyone who stands as a conservative is targeted and bullied by anyone on the left.

It's really sad. Conservatives are labeled as bigots, rich assholes, homophobic and generally evil. I have yet to meet any conservatives who meet those characteristics, but as a life long conservative AND a conservative in my mid-20's I am VERY used to the name calling as well as the cookie cutter insults that uninformed 'liberals' throw at me.

Sarah Palin is used to the shit by now, she doesn't care. It's obvious that those who support her couldn't care less about what people say about her .... or, kinda like this thread, don't say. I'm going to go ahead and assume that saying repeated how she makes you sick would only be frustrating because it is never followed up by any actual reason she makes you sick. Empty, non-specific comments don't help progress your point of view, or your agenda it just makes it a worthless conversation that makes everyone seem really uninformed about the topic at hand.

Just my $.02
Old 11-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #56
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
A left wing extremist would be OK?
An extremist on either side shouldn't be acceptable. Extremists are scary. They are the downfall of this country.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #57
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
An extremist on either side shouldn't be acceptable. Extremists are scary. They are the downfall of this country.

I agree with you.

By the way, guys, if this discussion is no longer about Palin's appearance on Oprah (even the vid's have been deleted), shall we continue this in the social forum?
Old 11-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #58
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
what the American people need to do is wake up and smell the coffee, don't matter if the country's leader is left, right, or center he (she) is going to push their agenda down our throats like it or not. and frankly if we (that's means ALL of us) don't find a strong leader and soon i see a very dark future for us all.

hope everyone has plenty of ammo it could get ugly.
People are proving themselves to be too dumb to wake up and smell anything, increased government dependency has made people 'comfortable' with allowing elected officials to pretty much do whatever they want, as long as they have a (D) or (R) along with their names they will continue to flock to their leaders.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #59
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
I agree with you.

By the way, guys, if this discussion is no longer about Palin's appearance on Oprah (even the vid's have been deleted), shall we continue this in the social forum?
That's probably the best option
Old 11-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #60
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
I don't see where this is straying off the topic myself. The video has circulated long enough for everyone to get the idea of what that airhead had to say, and the US should be very afraid that someone like that could end up in the White House.

As far as "liberals" are concerned, JBougie doesn't seem to realise that there are few actual liberal Americans; most European countries are well to the left of that position, as is Canada. Palin would just be another bimbo in nearly any other political system, or regarded as a certifiable right-wing nutcase. IMHO, the next small step to the Right in the US sure looks like Fascism to me!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #61
bigbang

Drives: Yaris sedan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
Anyone who stands as a conservative is targeted and bullied by anyone on the left.

It's really sad. Conservatives are labeled as bigots, rich assholes, homophobic and generally evil. I have yet to meet any conservatives who meet those characteristics, but as a life long conservative AND a conservative in my mid-20's I am VERY used to the name calling as well as the cookie cutter insults that uninformed 'liberals' throw at me.

Sarah Palin is used to the shit by now, she doesn't care. It's obvious that those who support her couldn't care less about what people say about her .... or, kinda like this thread, don't say. I'm going to go ahead and assume that saying repeated how she makes you sick would only be frustrating because it is never followed up by any actual reason she makes you sick. Empty, non-specific comments don't help progress your point of view, or your agenda it just makes it a worthless conversation that makes everyone seem really uninformed about the topic at hand.

Just my $.02
do not look at fox news only
open your mind be free
Old 11-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #62
tomato
Super Moderator

Jbougie: I'm sorry, I realized that your previous comment deserved a much better answer . About half my friends are conservative, the other half are more liberal. We usually find enough common ground and sometimes even agree on entire issues regardless of our different political tendencies I have some republican friends who did not like Palin as a VP. You can't just say I don't like that person because he/she is [leftwing] [rightwing] it's not that simple.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #63
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
I don't see where this is straying off the topic myself. The video has circulated long enough for everyone to get the idea of what that airhead had to say, and the US should be very afraid that someone like that could end up in the White House.

As far as "liberals" are concerned, JBougie doesn't seem to realise that there are few actual liberal Americans; most European countries are well to the left of that position, as is Canada. Palin would just be another bimbo in nearly any other political system, or regarded as a certifiable right-wing nutcase. IMHO, the next small step to the Right in the US sure looks like Fascism to me!

It's not off topic, it's just that the topic itself is borderline and there was a PM in my mailbox this morning reminding us that this thread should go in the political forum
Old 11-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #64
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
M
I
L
F
Old 11-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #65
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
It's not off topic, it's just that the topic itself is borderline and there was a PM in my mailbox this morning reminding us that this thread should go in the political forum
I think this is more about a woman, than politics. Let people have their say, after all you have a lot time on this post.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #66
elmo
WFO

Drives: 2008 hb
i really don't know why some of you think she is hot she is you avg middle aged woman at best. hell Jane Seymour is in her late 50's and she is a much better lookin
Old 11-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #67
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
This forum isn't mature enough to handle the truth.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #68
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
I think this is more about a woman, than politics. Let people have their say, after all you have a lot time on this post.
This isn't about me or what I want.

Nothing good is going to come out of this thread at this point.

Sorry about the deleted posts, guys. Can't let you insult each other on here.

Discussion has been moved to the forum:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/gro...iscussionid=46

Last edited by tomato; 11-20-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: moved discussion to forum
Closed Thread