Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #73
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
lol yeah i didn't know if you'd know what it was unless i also posted an explanation. i sure didn't know.

i think quite a bit of pain is normal for quite some time after surgery. my physical therapy lasted about 2 and half months. and even after i stopped physical therapy my range of motion wasn't 100%. it seems like it continued to bother me for a few more months only not in the same way it did before the surgery. but then it started feeling a little bit better as time went by. and since then most of the pain i've incurred has been due to heavy lifting.

i still wouldn't say it's 100% now but it is definitely better than before the surgery. i remember i couldn't even raise my arm up past my shoulder without wincing. only problem is i just need to get my left shoulder done too.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #74
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I'm really not feeling that much pain lately from the right, but the left is starting as well, probably because I transferred all the weight I'm used to carrying around from the right shoulder to the left one . Oh well.

Glad you brought it up, though. it's very difficult to find information from patients who have undergone the same thing. The surgeon told me I would be back at work within a week, and I wouldn't feel much, but somehow I don't really believe it's gonna be pain free.

(sorry for the thread jack, guys)
Old 10-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #75
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDani View Post
yeah fast food is terrible for you and i used to not eat it much but idk what happened.lol.the thing that sux is my husband works ALOT and a lot of times there is no point in me making dinner just for myself. if i do make dinner a lot of times the leftovers will stay in the fridge for what seems like forever.i take it to to work with me for lunch. but you can only eat something so many times in a row before you get sick of it.lol.i will probably have to start freezing lots of things.my mom has suggested freezing things to, but for some reason i dont end up doing it. i think i had better start!
Why don't you make salads for yourself, then?

I make salads with chicken, and tomatoes (of course!), cheese, nuts, whatever, little pieces of ham, throw in a little bit of pasta in there, too (cold, though) so that salad is my main entree.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #76
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
i do eat salads a lot. theyre one of my favorites, but it has to have ranch dressing.
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #77
tomato
Super Moderator

Hmm.. I wonder, should we have an official nutrition thread? or an official recipes thread?

(I can see ultimate car geeks in the forum going ... groan )

oh, well, they have to eat, too!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #78
DandiDani

i thought about that too. maybe just a food thread and people could write whatever about food.recipes,their favorite foods,etc; might be neat..
Old 10-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #79
DandiDani

i think kcalb siray would post about bacon all the time lol.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #80
tomato
Super Moderator

That's OK, as long as he's not posting it in the weight loss support group thread
Old 10-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #81
DandiDani

lol
Old 10-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #82
SeaYa
Is about to 'SeaYa' later

Drives: 08 MT Sedan
Talking about salads...I've started to use a tasty flavor of non-fat yogurt where I used to use dressings and mayo. It has the same texture and binding effect of mayo...so you can still make chicken and tuna salads, and depending on the flavor you get, it can make a good dressing. I like to use cherry on a walnut-cherry salad.

Diet Bonus: a third of calories with 0 of the fat.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #83
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaYa View Post
Talking about salads...I've started to use a tasty flavor of non-fat yogurt where I used to use dressings and mayo. It has the same texture and binding effect of mayo...so you can still make chicken and tuna salads, and depending on the flavor you get, it can make a good dressing. I like to use cherry on a walnut-cherry salad.

Diet Bonus: a third of calories with 0 of the fat.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #84
DandiDani

bump
Old 12-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #85
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
I'm already putting on weight and it's not Xmas yet.

Need to revive this thread.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #86
DandiDani

i know especially now since its the holidays! ive been doing pretty good lately. ive cut back on sodas and fast food ALOT and ive been workn out almost everyday.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 AM   #87
michejohnson

Drives: dwd
If you're wanting to lose a little weight (or a lot!), forget the Fad diet, don't even think about the Crash diet.

Start with some of our straight forward tips and we promise with a little commitment and motivation you'll get there!

1.Start your day with a healthy breakfast to kick start your metabolism.
2.Eat regular meals- at least three per day.
3.Use low fat substitutes for dairy products wherever possible, for example, skimmed milk, low fat cheese, cottage cheese and yoghurt.
4.Make sure your diet is made up mainly from fruit, vegetables and fibre rich foods like bread and pasta.
5.Replace desserts with fruit to satisfy the craving for something sweet.
6.Don't eat large, heavy meals last thing at night or your body won't have chance to burn off those calories.
7.Drink plenty of water and low calorie drinks to help you feel full.
8.Make yourself more active, climb stairs and walk all short journeys.
9.Allow yourself treats occasionally or you may end up binging.
10.Don't be too hard on yourself, aim to lose weight slowly and it will stay off for good.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #88
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Wow! Reading some of these stories and seeing what people's height/weight is, and how they feel they are overweight, I feel extremely unhealthy right now!! Since young I've always been heavier than other people. And while some use it as an excuse, it actually is true for me: I do have a larger framed body with bigger bones. This alone puts me at a higher weight than others. But when you factor in my height (5' 2") and my weight (currently about 215lbs), you can see that I'm no where near what I should be (I think they said healthy for me would be about 135, yeah, I don't see that ever happening).

My boyfriend and I just joined a gym at the beginning of the month. We usually go anywhere between 3 and 5 times a week, start off with some cardio on the treadmill, then move on to the other machines. He does it more for muscle building, I'm doing it for weightloss and muscle toning. But even with all this working out, I'm still struggling, and will continue to struggle, with loosing the weight. I have a sedentary job, as well as a long commute (I spend about 4.5-5 hours a day commuting, plus the 8.5 hours while at work), and I don't have much time otherwise (also in school too).

My biggest problem is my stomach. While I do have fat deposits everywhere, my stomach is the biggest issue. I'm not even sure there is any fat in my calves, despite how big they are (I have always done a lot of walking).

In 2005, I was in relatively good shape. My weight was still up around 175-180, but that was mostly muscle. I had lost somewhere around 5-7 inches from around my waist. The only way this was accomplished was by being active from about 6:30am till around 9pm (I worked at a wilderness school for teenage delinquent boys, and there was a lot of hiking up and down hills involved).

I'm hoping to loose about 4-5 inches from my gut by summer. Wish me luck!

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #89
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDani View Post
i know especially now since its the holidays! ive been doing pretty good lately. ive cut back on sodas and fast food ALOT and ive been workn out almost everyday.
REALLY ???!?!?!? I HAVENT NOTICE ANY diffrence
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #90
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Kudos to all who are doing their best!

I notice about a month ago that I had to start unbuttoning my jeans when I was sitting down for long periods of time. This got me thinking maybe my metabolism of my youth is slowing and I need to watch out.

My friends used to be in awe about how much I could put away and stay thin. Now, this is not such the case. What I put away is starting to stick.

So it's counting calories time! I usually use from 2,000 to 2,500 calories a day. Depends.

So I never eat more than that and to add to it I eat every 3 hours. To keep my metabolism going.

So far since the start of this month (dec 09) I've lost 10 lbs. which is a whole lot! It's pretty easy as long as you don't over eat and drink plenty of water. Just find out how many calories you use and don't exceed that.