Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #19
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I want to add XM. My head unit is XM Radio ready so I plan to get one of those units that goes behind the dash.

Has anyone done this on a liftback?

Where did you put the antenna?

I don't really like the idea of a visible wire and the magnetic mount and wouldn't mind drilling a hole somewhere in the roof.

Ideas?
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #20
Violin

Anyone?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #21
atebit

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
Has anyone tried this on a sedan with the side curtain airbags in the pillars? I wouldn't want to set those off poking around in there...
atebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #22
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
as far as the liftback goes, if the center console is anything like the sedan (behind it that is) there should be plenty of room below the stereo...

as far as the side curtain airbags go I would grab a copy of the repair manual and see where the sensors/compents for it are and play it safe around those areas; when I was going through the repair manual I didnt see any comments/warnings about the side curtains when removing the roof lining (my guess is because the sensors for the side curtain would have to be on the door/body panel, not on the inside behind the plastic trim)....

then again if you get an airbag in the face at 200mph dont start yelling at me...

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #23
Violin

There's all kind of space behind the ventilation controls for the XM reciever and adapter. I just used 3M sticky tape and put them on the sides of that cavity.

The antenna goes on the outside. I ran the wire up under the headliner and out the hatch. I pulled the weather stripping down and taped over the sharp edge, ran the wire through and put the weather stripping back.

If you have side airbags, I'd disconnect the battery ground and wait a couple of minutes before poking around up there.