Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #19
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBearWisconsin View Post
Back at the dealer this afternoon. The $8000 they offered for my car turned into $6800 and I walked. Had been dickering at another dealer over the weekend with no luck either. Guess I'm keeping the Focus for a while longer.
Oh, shoot, I should have read the thread all the way to the end before responding. Yeah, they do that.

Personally, I would not want to keep a car that gives me problems. It's not just the money but it's the reliability issue. You can only say to your boss 'hey I'm gonna be 3 hour late because my car ... this morning" so many times.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #20
TwoBearWisconsin

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB/5, 1996 Miata
I've been e-mailing the other dealers in the area, and it looks like "Cash for Clunkers" has pretty much cleared out all the '09 liftbacks in the area.

In spite of my partner not liking the car, I still want one. I'll wait for the '10's now and try to pull a deal together this fall or winter. By then I should have saved up a bit more money for the down payment, too.
TwoBearWisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #21
TwoBearWisconsin

Keep your fingers crossed for me... a dealer e-mailed me that they have the exact car I was looking for. I'm going to see it as soon as I get off work this afternoon.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #22
tomato
Super Moderator

good luck! let us know if you have any questions! :)

PS. My ex- B/F didn't like my last car a whole lot. Kept telling me to get rid of it because it was too old, too small, too this or that. I kept it anyway because I was having way too much fun driving it. Sometimes you gotta do what you want to do, and if you want a Yaris, then get a Yaris ! They really are fun cars

Old 09-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #23
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
You might wat to try going online a stepping out of your immediate sales area.There maybe better bargains to be had in a different near by region.
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
Just going to chime in that I also own a focus hatch (03) and also want a Yaris. The new tires on the focus cost so much. As for problems with my ford, none so far but anything could happen this winter (approaching 100k)... Also +1 about having ABS, hard to find in compact cars until recently. Good Luck man
mr9865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #25
TwoBearWisconsin

Arrrrgh... Still no luck. I took the car for a test drive and found it had a major rattle in the dash board. I know it's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but it was a deal breaker for me. The two cars I drove this summer were nice and quiet.

Guess I'll wait (again!) until they have more cars in stock to choose from.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #26
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Arrrrgh... Still no luck. I took the car for a test drive and found it had a major rattle in the dash board. I know it's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but it was a deal breaker for me. The two cars I drove this summer were nice and quiet.

Guess I'll wait (again!) until they have more cars in stock to choose from.
My Yaris doesn't rattle. The other Yaris I test-drove before I got minne didn't rattle either. Actually, they're pretty quiet. Probably did the right thing.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #27
TwoBearWisconsin

since I've been having no luck in getting a Yaris, I've begun looking at some other cars on my list. Any love here for the Scion xD?
Old 10-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #28
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
You might want to hold off and see if they will do more of the cash for clunkers. The economy is declining and the last thing Obama wants is higher unemployment.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #29
TwoBearWisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
You might want to hold off and see if they will do more of the cash for clunkers. The economy is declining and the last thing Obama wants is higher unemployment.
There's no way a 2006 Focus is going to qualify for any new "Cash for Clunkers" incentives, plus it is worth more than $4500.

I started looking for a Yaris just before the incentives hit the first time, and once the program started the dealers didn't even want to talk to me. They were doing way more business without worrying about trade-ins. By the time it was over the Yaris were pretty much gone from the dealer lots in this area. Finally starting to get the 2010s in now...
Old 10-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #30
tomato
Super Moderator

Have you looked at Thirty-nine's blog

http://www.subcompactculture.com/

there is all kinds of info in there about other small cars.

Sorry, don't know anything about the Scion. Actually never considered it. If I hadn't gotten a Yaris, I would have gotten the Honda Fit, or the Matrix, in that order.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #31
TwoBearWisconsin

I went and test drove the xD today and came away pretty impressed. Not as "cute" as the Yaris, but a nice, solid feeling car...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #32
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
The xD is a great ride. Lotsa goodies come standard on it. I've seen several dropped w/ fresh wheels here in Dallas, and they looked good. There will be a big aftermarket for anythign Scion.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #33
TwoBearWisconsin

Just got back from the dealer where I finally completed the deal for a 2010 Yaris! I ended up getting a meteorite metallic 5 door automatic with power package, cruise control, and floor mats for $14948. This dealership ended up giving me $1100 more for my trade than the last one offered.

I'd been thinking I wanted a 3 door, but when it came down to it I realized that the 5 door would be more practical for my needs.

I pick it up on Wednesday. Can't wait!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #34
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just got back from the dealer where I finally completed the deal for a 2010 Yaris! I ended up getting a meteorite metallic 5 door automatic with power package, cruise control, and floor mats for $14948. This dealership ended up giving me $1100 more for my trade than the last one offered.

I'd been thinking I wanted a 3 door, but when it came down to it I realized that the 5 door would be more practical for my needs.

I pick it up on Wednesday. Can't wait!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Isn't it exciting?!!! Ahhhhh the new car smell.... intoxicating.

You did the right thing. the 3 door can be a little awkward at times, and if I had taken the time to think about it, I would have gone for a 4 door instead. Much, much more pratical. Plus the door on a 3 door is huge, heavy and swings real wide. Not that I'm complaining or anything

Anyway, congratulations on your purchase and be sure to post pictures, we loooooooooooove pictures of shiny new Yarii
Old 10-13-2009, 02:11 AM   #35
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
I don't think you will regret the power package or the cruise.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote