Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
At this rate my next car will just end up being a Nissan.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
HANZO_187
#CarFiend-HANZO188

Drives: 2011 Toyota Vios
I like the styling to be honest...I know its a bit longer but I grew to love alot of different cars...I think it could be something hot in the States but I know for sure there gonna change a lot of the styling before they ever bring them to the States. I just wished they brought the RS Yaris's out to the states along with the Ford Focus ST and RS
HANZO_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
Superfly
Makin' it rain

Drives: 2012 Silver Yaris LE
The color is pretty sweet, but I want bolder. I'm a sucker for color and that has been my biggest gripe with Toyota; it is all shades of gray with a splash of orange or red mixed in. MOPAR/FIAT is all over color variety and Ford is joining the trend. C'mon Toyota, make it happen. Styling-wise, that Yaris is looking a bit long. Seems hard to imagine that that production wouldn't eat away Corolla sales, or vice versa.
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #22
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
this is not a china-only car, rather this is a smaller yaris which will compete in the ecocar segment in thailand (governemnt's deal=smaller tax but must comply with emissions and has at least 20km/L, etc.)

http://motorspices.com/blog/this-is-...ris_chinese_2/

in the philippines, it is to compete with the hyundai eon, mitsubishi mirage and other sub-subcompact cars--if it even makes it to our shores. either that or the 3rd gen yaris will, as they will tend to eat each other's sales.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #23
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Fail.
I can't believe they can't get their crap together anymore. WTF is up with those weird faux volvo tails?
So disappointing... OTOH the interiors aren't so bad I guess... Still no center console, though.

Last edited by tk-421; 05-07-2013 at 08:01 PM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #24
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

Drives: 2013 Yaris 3-Door LE ~Pearl~
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
I don't like it. I think it looks like some strange combination of Matrix, Ford Fiesta, and Ford Focus.
With a tiny bit of Mazda 3 hatchback DNA too. X_X
Old 05-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
Ahhh..I'm sure you guys will grow into the style one day. Look at the 3rd gen. When it first came out, everybody was bashing the style. Now that it is out, it seems like more and more people are liking the new changes. I guess we'll see....
“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:23 PM   #26
cparker

Drives: 2014 Yaris L
I kind of like it , because it looks sportier, longer and lower. But that may mean a heavier car with less economy . I wonder if they plan to go with the CVT transmission, like in the Corolla, for 40mpg economy . The face is an improvement over the 2015- 2016 . I also read somewhere that the next Yaris might be made jointly with Mazda.
cparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:33 PM   #27
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestylin View Post
Ahhh..I'm sure you guys will grow into the style one day. Look at the 3rd gen. When it first came out, everybody was bashing the style. Now that it is out, it seems like more and more people are liking the new changes. I guess we'll see....
Having driven all three generations of Yaris a fair bit, I am still strongly of the opinion that the 3rd generation version sucks compared to the 2nd.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:42 PM   #28
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
And I have also driven all 3 versions and I think the 15-16 is a huge improvement, specifically the seat comfort and the much softer materials on the interior. My 11 Yaris felt like a compromise. And the manual in the 15/16 is also an improvement. But it certainly isn't as slick as a Honda manual.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #29
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
Having driven all three generations of Yaris a fair bit, I am still strongly of the opinion that the 3rd generation version sucks compared to the 2nd.

The stock L (and possibly the LE) trim perhaps doesn't really shine brighter versus the stock 2nd generation, but the 3rd Gen SE is a step up in almost every way really. Personally, I like them all - but the 3rd Gen SE is my favorite (USA) incarnation.

Though, I have to admit that ern-diz's modified black/black 2nd Gen is pretty sexy...

Last edited by Kalispel; 03-28-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #30
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
The stock L (and possibly the LE) trim perhaps doesn't really shine brighter versus the stock 2nd generation, but the 3rd Gen SE is a step up in almost every way really. Personally, I like them all - but the 3rd Gen SE is my favorite (USA) incarnation.
Though, I have to admit that ern-diz's modified black/black 2nd Gen is pretty sexy...
The 3rd gen Yaris is very sluggish and wallowey compared to the earlier versions, and lacks their crisp, immediate feel. The design of the new dashboard looks like it came out of an old 1970s GM pickup - oversized for a small car and lacking all the handy storage compartments its predecessors have. The radio head unit has a pretty weird user interface too. This might not be a bad car, but it just doesn't stack up relative to the ones that came before it.

tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:59 PM   #31
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post

Grazie!
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:23 PM   #32
joell

Drives: 2013 Hatchback
That model replaced the Japan made 3rd genenertaion here in Panama, now is imported from Thailand and we have both the hatchback and the new sedan (Vios derived).
The new model is selling well beacuse is bigger and longer (also heavier), when I bough mine in the auto show, people complained about the 3rd gen price vs. size.
I don´t get it, the Yaris has always been a sub-compact, but the market wanted bigger cars even if they are less safe and (1 or none airbag are typical in major brands) and don´t have the Toyota reliability.
The design is diferent from the others Toyota models and the cues are more from emerging markets cars like the Etios, is not a bad car but I prefer the global Yaris (Vitz).I suppose that this decision respond to Toyota Corporation Japan from a economic standpoint (currency exchange), logistics, etc.

Edit: The new ones model come with the classic 1NZ-FE and 2NZ-FE, but there is a sticker in the sedan gas cap that indicates only "95 octane", my car (2NZ-FE) uses 91 octane gasoline without issues.

Last edited by joell; 03-31-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: fuel
joell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #33
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
I think this body style is amazing. It just seems to be more proportionate which is something all Yaris models in the past seemed to lack. Finally they move away from the egg shape.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:43 AM   #34
apmatzen

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2015 1.3VVT-i T2
I've seen a lot of them, when I was on vacation in Thailand last year...and...they just don't look that good.

They look really cheaply produced when you look closely...