Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Drives: 2010 Corolla S
Sign of the times

Old codgers like me remember when we talked about how many horsepower a car had, how long of a patch of rubber it would lay, what its top speed would be in the quarter mile, and how many seconds it would take to run a quarter mile from a standing start. We would speculate on which of our friends' cars would win when put up against other friends' cars in drag races.

We didn't have Internet back in those days, but if it had been available, we would have been posting about the things above, NOT about MPG.

Not knocking these MPG discussions at all, because nowadays, it really is important that we maximize our gas mileage. I was just making an observation. I'll bet most of the folks who come here cannot relate to the things I mentioned in the first paragraph, because not too many old farts like me hang out around here.

Tom
YarisOwnersDad is offline   Reply With Quote