Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #127
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
I'll take that header :P It will just take me about 30 minutes to type up the post.
Dude, you don't have to go into so much detail! It's been over 3 hours already!

Last edited by tk-421; 10-29-2008 at 09:55 AM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #128
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
hey richard, what happens after the first ten are sold and shipped.is there gonna another group buy right away seeing as tax season is 3 months away??

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #129
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
11 and I believe you can still get on the list. Just needed 10 to get the ball rolling.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #130
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Quote:
I will give you a free intake/mani if you can tell me .......
Does these challenges apply to everyone

Yeah dude, for a custom piece that he produced this way for a small community that is a damn good price.

If you look online for custom manifolds cheapest you would find them would be $500 that are not mass produced and they are of crap design because they just slap them together with whatever size runners fit in the engine bay.

I think even $700 is on the cheap side for this product, but seeing that this is a cheap car to begin with i think it is a good price!

Oh and Richard, are you using velocity stacks, or are you just smoothing out the entry to the runners
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #131
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
Does these challenges apply to everyone

Yeah dude, for a custom piece that he produced this way for a small community that is a damn good price.

If you look online for custom manifolds cheapest you would find them would be $500 that are not mass produced and they are of crap design because they just slap them together with whatever size runners fit in the engine bay.

I think even $700 is on the cheap side for this product, but seeing that this is a cheap car to begin with i think it is a good price!

Oh and Richard, are you using velocity stacks, or are you just smoothing out the entry to the runners
^^^i hope. but prob not. would increase cost unless its already done and factored in...
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #132
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
*grabs popcorn and sits in his favorite sofa*

I'll take some of that popcorn, thank you very much
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #133
cee_dub2003

Drives: Scion xb
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
This is such great information, I hardly know where to start. Let me get this straight. All anyone has to do is connect 4 tubes to a flange and (what is you called it?) an air chamber and viola--its instant intake manifold. I think that is exactly what the OEMs do-I mean why go to the trouble of hiring engineers with degrees in fluidynamics when you can get all the information you need on intake design right here from Mr. Pinkblade. Here is an offer of a free intake manifold since it is obvious you can't afford to buy one (despite a favorable bang/buck score). I will give you a free intake if you can tell me what the three forms of charge filling are associated with an intake design. You may have guessed by now that there is much more to an intake manifold than your previous description (we call the earlier comments sarcasm). I'll throw in a free long-tube header if you can tell me what the problem is asssociated with combining the three forms. You have all of the internet and every book ever written to source the information-you have 1 week.

PS-I welcome you to build your own manifold, start by running extensive testing on a minimum of 50 different intake combinations, then produce a 1st article and do a production run. You may want to check out the current cost of aluminum, welding time, fixture manufacturing, CNC machine work, tube bending, gaskets, vacuum and water lines to say nothing of your time. Please let me know if you can build an intake like this one for $250 so I can purchase them in bulk.

Richard are you saying you have done all that with the making of the Yaris Manifold? You showing a dyno must say there is a protoype of some sort!
You stated in the posting of the dyno! I quote"Here is the dyno grap of the stock vs new intake that was removed previously."

Is there a reason for not showing the one that was previously remove. To give the forum a better idea of what they are committing to?

Also quoting you from another post. "leaves me with no motor to develope the intake manifold-we have removed the damaged motor"

Develop an intake manifold? I thought by showing a dyno of the gains you would have a manifold?

I am just trying to put all this info together!

Please if you can explain!

thanks
cee_dub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #134
Return of the Yarii

Drives: 2007 Sedan S
Richard Holdener has been around for many, many years and was an inspiration of mine back in the early 90's when he had his Vortech Supercharged Mustang Sedan. He also has built the fastest civic I believe and was ran on the salt flats. Although time in the industry isnt everything, take a look around and find out who you are accusing of not knowing anything. Richard has done more for the aftermarket indusrty then most of you younger people can imagine.
Return of the Yarii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #135
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
was that the civic in a mag with the moon disc wheel covers ^^^ !!!!! if so i have that mag
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #136
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
i think this is him richard holdener before and after
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #137
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
Quote:
I will give you a free intake if you can tell me what the three forms of charge filling are associated with an intake design. You may have guessed by now that there is much more to an intake manifold than your previous description (we call the earlier comments sarcasm). I'll throw in a free long-tube header if you can tell me what the problem is asssociated with combining the three forms. You have all of the internet and every book ever written to source the information-you have 1 week.
Ok Here i go... charge filling .. what is that layman's speak! The only 3 things you'll need are as follows: Duck Tape.. Aluminum.. and some more ducktape with coke... ok here i go

The problem with combining these 3 so called "charge fillings" is that.. As you many know, Coke doesn't go well with aluminum. So the trick is not to touch them. You get sheets of aluminum and put them in the right places... duck tape them together right? Then drink some coke along the way, but don't drink all of it you will need some later. Once you've buffed out the ruffs you add some more duck tape then buff again. Once it's all done.... You get the remaining coke, should be 240 ml of it. you pour some through the system and make sure there are no leaks. Bingo you've got yourself a beautiful top of the line intake manifold. The remaining coke is used to pour on the manifold itself as to give it a tint.(the coke can only go on at this point.. Before and it will destroy the aluminum.. after and it will not tint) Makes for a great tint for car shows... Viola!

P.S. does this mean ill be getting a mani and a header? Gosh Darnit I Hope so!

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #138
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Our man Richard has done some boooks too...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...ard%20Holdener

A little more about the man..

Richard Holdener was born in Washington D.C. but his family moved almost immediately to California. His first automotive experience came with his father at a car show. After viewing all of the elaborate horsepower hard-ware, Richard was hooked on going fast.

Richard’s garage has been home to a variety of high-performance machinery. The list includes a couple of Camaros, a Lotus-motored Jensen Healy, a 260 Z, a 230SL Mercedes, a 1972 911T, a blown crewcab Dualie, a pair of Hondas (one supercharged Civic Si), a Toyota Corolla, a Mercedes 450 SEL, and trio of hot motorcycles. First came the Honda 500 Interceptor, then the 600 Ninja, and finally the GSX-R750. Somewhere in all this madness came a 1965 Hipo GT and a trio of 5.0L Mustangs.

Richard’s first article came from his Mustang adventures at the Silver State. Since this initial coverage, Richard has contributed to numerous magazines, including Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, Car Craft, Super Ford, Truckin’, Mustang Illustrated, Popular Hotrodding, Sport CompactCar, European Car, Pontiac Enthusiast, and many others.

I feel pretty confident with this guy and the manifold i'll be getting!
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #139
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
TheRealEnth, I believe it is "duct" tape and not "duck" tape... no mani for you.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #140
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
Failed at life -.- =(

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #141
cee_dub2003

Wow thanks for all the info. nice info is.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #142
ZING

Drives: Yaris '09,GTi '09, BMW 3.30ci
Plus google corrects his name, magic I tell you.

ZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #143
cee_dub2003

Man common guys those questions were for Richard to answer. I did do the google search to before i posted. I know his background which is very extensive and long. I commend Richard on his long track record and experience.

You guys turned my questions for him around into a "I don't know who Richard is thread" please stay on topic too...
I am fully aware who he is and have owned one of his books before ok!

I said i am just trying to put all the posts together. Is anyone really reading what I am asking.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #144
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
he hasn't signed on yet today. he'll probably answer it when he gets on.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote