Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
Little_beast
Beast_Boy

Drives: Little beast
Send a message via Yahoo to Little_beast
Weapon-R and Megan Muffler

Recently, I have dropped in the Weapon-R intake and the Axleback Exhaust in my car. And I have to say one thing. The car sounds like a beast. The cool thing about it is my car, with my modifications, are taking 240sx, Eclipse, Lancer off the line. Now, top speed is a different story, because I haven't dropped in a new ECU. But, I plan on posting a video on my car and the sweet sound in the next couple of days.
Little_beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
yeah, will be nice to hear? very curious indeed
Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
yeah, will be nice to hear? very curious indeed
Old 07-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
240SX? I could beat your Yaris on my Huffy.

Last edited by ChinoCharles; 07-16-2007 at 05:51 PM.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Sound clip of the exhaust plz.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Chris did you end up getting the discontinued vitz sport, or did you miss out as well?
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
lostmind

Drives: 06 STi, 07 rav4, 07 yaris
bwahahhaa. Ok, you beat a 240sx without an engine in it, with fred flintstone pedaling it?

I have an intake and exhaust and the car sounds beautiful. But, if anything, I've lost power.

Last edited by lostmind; 07-17-2007 at 07:26 PM.
lostmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
WTH does everone make fun of the yaris when people say they beat someone...? am I missing something??
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 PM   #9
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
WTH does everone make fun of the yaris when people say they beat someone...? am I missing something??
your just dealing with someone who drives daddy's STI thats faster....
Old 07-20-2007, 07:21 PM   #10
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
To me it just basically boils down to this: If you modify your Yaris to make it different to your own taste and/or liking and you want it to stand out from the crowd. Or you want to make it more fun to drive around everyday, or even still your making a purpose built track car for a specific class of legitimate racing - then thats all fine and dandy. But when I hear about mildly modified (to say the least) yaris races and "owned" stories, it just seems absurd to me. I could be wrong, but if someone is out cruising around looking for stoplight dragraces in a naturally aspirated yaris - they purchased the wrong car. (not that I support unsafe street racing in any car, but you get the point. )
Old 07-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #11
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I think this guy is busting out 120 whp if you have not read his other post...i think he took on a corvette the other day and smoked it, right? little beast?

side note-the corvette driver was driving along thinking to himself, this guy in the yaris is freakin' nuts who the hell is he racing?

I think what is happening is the Little Beast is the only one playing, all the other cars don't want to play with him. I bet he turns on his emergency lights everytime he passes a car that respectively is much faster than the yaris.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
RShatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by contraband831 View Post
I think this guy is busting out 120 whp if you have not read his other post...i think he took on a corvette the other day and smoked it, right? little beast?

side note-the corvette driver was driving along thinking to himself, this guy in the yaris is freakin' nuts who the hell is he racing?

I think what is happening is the Little Beast is the only one playing, all the other cars don't want to play with him. I bet he turns on his emergency lights everytime he passes a car that respectively is much faster than the yaris.
His posts always do seem to have a few "rainbow sprinkles" on top...still want to know where that 120 came from.....
Old 07-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
heheheh...every forum is full of people that have had one to many acid trips and the people that flame them.

Where do I fit into all of this? I am The Hated One...so you know whats comming.

120HP??? Unless you have nitrous or boost hiding under the hood, you are high. like...smoked yourself retarded high. with exhaust and a intake you are looking at 110 crank horsepower...wheel horsepower? no where near that.

next...while 240sx's with their stock engine are slow piles of dogcrap, they are way faster than your yaris...the only way your yaris beat it was if it had 300k+ miles on it running on 2 cyl.

Lancer...slow...still faster than your yaris.

Eclipse...with base engine...slow...still faster than your yaris.

However, I can't hate on this guy too bad...note...he only said "off the line"...he may just have really good reaction times...off the line can mean the first to hit 5mph...heheheheeeh.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #14
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades View Post
heheheh...every forum is full of people that have had one to many acid trips and the people that flame them.

Where do I fit into all of this? I am The Hated One...so you know whats comming.

120HP??? Unless you have nitrous or boost hiding under the hood, you are high. like...smoked yourself retarded high. with exhaust and a intake you are looking at 110 crank horsepower...wheel horsepower? no where near that.

next...while 240sx's with their stock engine are slow piles of dogcrap, they are way faster than your yaris...the only way your yaris beat it was if it had 300k+ miles on it running on 2 cyl.

However, I can't hate on this guy too bad...note...he only said "off the line"...he may just have really good reaction times...off the line can mean the first to hit 5mph...heheheheeeh.
Do you have any idea how much power a garbage truck has?
well..,
i beat the garbage truck the other day..while they doing their job at our neighborhood...
the truck was doing 10mph..and i was doing a little bit more than that..
Old 08-23-2007, 04:42 AM   #15
John_v63400

Drives: 2007 Yaris 4dr. S
I raced a Stock 07 honda civic, a stock 03 eclpse 4banger, and I beat them both with my stock 5 speed yaris, So IDK what you mean man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades View Post

John_v63400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #16
RShatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_v63400 View Post
I raced a Stock 07 honda civic, a stock 03 eclpse 4banger, and I beat them both with my stock 5 speed yaris, So IDK what you mean man!
did they know you were racing..lol
Old 08-24-2007, 02:58 AM   #17
ShARK wITH WhEELs
yarSI

Drives: s/c yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RShatchback View Post
did they know you were racing..lol

freaking doubt it. my friend (i/e) raced a stock 05 civic lx(?) sedan......slowest and FUNNIEST race i've ever seen. pretty even the whole way, but the civic stayed in front by 1/4 car length. HAHAHA. i think we actuallyo got up to 60ish lol
Old 08-24-2007, 03:00 AM   #18
ShARK wITH WhEELs
yarSI

Drives: s/c yaris
btw 2 people in each car