Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #73
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
AUTOGUIDE test drive and review . http://www.autoguide.com/manufacture...view-3502.html .
....I wonder how much of an adverse effect larger larger tires and wheels would have on MPG?......Or if one would then have clearance issues with even a slight increase in size?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #74
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
Here's a recent video review. The video is 6 minutes long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmODzB_yMRc
wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #75
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Interesting. He doesn't mention MPG/KPL at ALL. He also (while displaying the competitors) calls a Fiesta 'the Focus'. Included one of the few pics I've ever seen of the Fit's (what he calls) 'Magic Seat' flipped up.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #76
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Yeah, it's an alright car for the price. I'm impressed with the trunk space for a little car. You might take a look at the Nissan Micra and Suzuki alto. There's the Vw up which is overpriced for what you get. Typical Euro car lol. Anyway, toyota doesn't have an entrant in the segment except maybe the aygo which is BLAND.Have a look at the Daihatsu Mira or Cuore as well. They make 3 cylinder FUN pocket rockets.Unfortunately Toyota pulled the plug in selling Daihatsu's in some parts of the world.

junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #77
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
Yeah, it's an alright car for the price. I'm impressed with the trunk space for a little car. You might take a look at the Nissan Micra and Suzuki alto. There's the Vw up which is overpriced for what you get. Typical Euro car lol. Anyway, toyota doesn't have an entrant in the segment except maybe the aygo which is BLAND.Have a look at the Daihatsu Mira or Cuore as well. They make 3 cylinder FUN pocket rockets.Unfortunately Toyota pulled the plug in selling Daihatsu's in some parts of the world.

Great knowing a bit more about the cars you mention . The OP lives in the U.S. and, unfortunately , not one of these cars is offered to us in the U.S.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #78
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
The rebate has been bumped up to $1,000 ( our region ) before a possible dealer discount .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #79
Brett!

Drives: 2010 3D base
I had planned to buy one of these for the mpg, proximity keyless entry, and push button start (would make my life so much easier) but ended up with a 2010 yaris 3dr base model for $7,500 with 80k miles and a 1yr warranty. I am not upset with my purchase. I do wish I had the same technology, but at least nothing can break on my model. I am enjoying my Yaris and may never buy a non toyota again. I am also a member of the mirageforums, as I was seriously considering buying one. I just simply could not spend $16k since I have just purchased a new civic.

edit: I wanted to add that my test drive of a 5spd was excellent, shifter felt good and when I let off the clutch the car would easily move (unlike my Yaris!) and I did not have a problem with the interior at all, although the backseat looks like it came out of a 2001 echo... The back spoiler felt cheap and was wobbly... I don't think it would stay attached to car for long. some parts did feel cheap, but I enjoyed the car.
Brett! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #80
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett! View Post
I had planned to buy one of these for the mpg, proximity keyless entry, and push button start (would make my life so much easier)
keyless entry:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9565

push button start:
http://shop.microimageonline.com/Eng...start-used.htm

Old 12-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #81
nookandcrannycar

I don't know if Brett went to the same dealership I did but, as of a few days ago, all of the same vehicles that were there during my visit were still there......and I think at least one more had been added.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #82
JustPassinThru

Drives: No more Yaris
It's a VERY attractive package. And I'm perversely drawn to the three-pot engine.

The mileage is a draw, also - in my mature years, I'm irredeemably cheap.

Slick package, high mileage, three-cylinder mill...and I like the CVT in theory; never had one...

BUT.

It's not a Toyota. Toyota to Mitsubishi, were like GM's premium lines to American Motors. Both were Japanese, or American, made - but quality can vary wildly.

I had rented a Mitsubishi years ago. It was, after my Toyota truck of the time, irredeemably crude and tinny. That WAS years ago, but...beware.

Toyota performs near-miracles in engineering. But that's Toyota, not Japanese origin.
JustPassinThru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:38 AM   #83
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
It's a VERY attractive package. And I'm perversely drawn to the three-pot engine.

The mileage is a draw, also - in my mature years, I'm irredeemably cheap.

Slick package, high mileage, three-cylinder mill...and I like the CVT in theory; never had one...

BUT.

It's not a Toyota. Toyota to Mitsubishi, were like GM's premium lines to American Motors. Both were Japanese, or American, made - but quality can vary wildly.

I had rented a Mitsubishi years ago. It was, after my Toyota truck of the time, irredeemably crude and tinny. That WAS years ago, but...beware.

Toyota performs near-miracles in engineering. But that's Toyota, not Japanese origin.
Unless I'm inadvertently leaving a vehicle out, there are only 3 American vehicles owned by all of the different households in my family --- 1 Ford Escape, 1 Saturn SUV (one of the last ever made), and one huge RV (the biggest gas guzzler of all the vehicles). The household with the RV also owns the one car with better MPG than my Yaris --- one of the last 5-speed manual Civic Hybrid sedans ever made. Different Lexus models (E,R,G, L series, etc...no I series) far outnumber any other make, and are AS RELIABLE as my Yaris. Toyota within our family = remarkable.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #84
JustPassinThru

Drives: No more Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Unless I'm inadvertently leaving a vehicle out, there are only 3 American vehicles owned by all of the different households in my family --- 1 Ford Escape, 1 Saturn SUV (one of the last ever made), and one huge RV (the biggest gas guzzler of all the vehicles). The household with the RV also owns the one car with better MPG than my Yaris --- one of the last 5-speed manual Civic Hybrid sedans ever made. Different Lexus models (E,R,G, L series, etc...no I series) far outnumber any other make, and are AS RELIABLE as my Yaris. Toyota within our family = remarkable.
Well, it depends on the brand.

Honda has been as reliable and well-engineered as Toyota. Honda, in fact, was ahead of Toyota in a number of ways, years back.

Nissan/Datsun was as well made as Toyota for many years. It was in product planning where Nissan fell behind; and how they rate today I don't know. I had a 1995 Hardbody to replace my 1979 Datsun PL620; I was not impressed with the engine or performance.

That was my last Nissan.

Lexus, of course, is a brand of Toyota - like Scion. Quality can expected to be the same; some Lexii and some Scions are sold worldwide as Toyotas.

As to Ford products...Fords have been hit-or-miss on quality...for decades. Some products were very good; some were garbage. But you pays your money and you takes your choice; and a car purchase is more money than I'm willing to gamble on.

Is a Mitsubushi going to be a good buy? I'd be inclined to try it; but I'm not in the market. I wish them well; I like seeing a product like this model come to be.
JustPassinThru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #85
wooverstone8

Here's a review for the manual transmission version. The review is fairly positive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Isb1OUhuV8
Old 12-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #86
wooverstone8

My local dealership has a new green Mirage on the lot. They added aftermarket rims, tinted the windows and taillights.

http://www.larsonmitsubishi.com/auto...ge-de/1051418/
Old 12-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #87
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooverstone8 View Post
Here's a review for the manual transmission version. The review is fairly positive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Isb1OUhuV8
I like that color more than the other colors I've seen.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #88
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
My local dealership has a new green Mirage on the lot. They added aftermarket rims, tinted the windows and taillights.

http://www.larsonmitsubishi.com/auto...ge-de/1051418/
I wonder what effect those rims would have on fuel economy? They might help re steering mushiness issues, etc. that other reviewers have found fault with.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #89
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Well, it depends on the brand.

Honda has been as reliable and well-engineered as Toyota. Honda, in fact, was ahead of Toyota in a number of ways, years back.

Nissan/Datsun was as well made as Toyota for many years. It was in product planning where Nissan fell behind; and how they rate today I don't know. I had a 1995 Hardbody to replace my 1979 Datsun PL620; I was not impressed with the engine or performance.

That was my last Nissan.

Lexus, of course, is a brand of Toyota - like Scion. Quality can expected to be the same; some Lexii and some Scions are sold worldwide as Toyotas.

As to Ford products...Fords have been hit-or-miss on quality...for decades. Some products were very good; some were garbage. But you pays your money and you takes your choice; and a car purchase is more money than I'm willing to gamble on.

Is a Mitsubushi going to be a good buy? I'd be inclined to try it; but I'm not in the market. I wish them well; I like seeing a product like this model come to be.
I saw a 2014 IS series Lexus on the road for the first time the other day. The 2014 looks much more like the 2014 Corolla than the previous generation IS series looked like the previous generation Corolla.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #90
brg88tx

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan, Auto
Quote:
Here's a recent video review. The video is 6 minutes long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmODzB_yMRc
I hate "reviews" like this. they assume everyone buys cars to drag race. this idiot "reviewer" never mentioned mpg, the whole idea of this car.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote