Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #55
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Drives: 2010 LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Some of the entire point is being missed. You want to call me a child and whiner because yes it is 2012 and I would HOPE that a site owner might be more involved then fine. I personally have had a lot of invested time and effort in the site as so many others have and attempt to encourage people on the street of all ages many times looking like a complete goob I am sure for trying to wrestle up new members. Complaining about the site being down for hours a day or a couple days in a row? HELL YES!

I have a very nice lady around 60 years old that I have given a YW card to just before X-mas. I tried to get her to come on at that time and ran into her a few weeks ago. She doesn't have internet at home so she goes to her grandson's house. She saw me in one of the isles at the local grocer and asked me if I was the gentleman that gave her the YW card...she showed it to me. I told her yes and was pretty impressed that my time wasn't wasted. She has a Yaris because her grandson raves about his. She told me that she tried to get on a couple weeks prior and that the page wouldn't come up so she wanted to be sure it was still valid. I told her that she should give it another try. Now fast forward to this afternoon. I ran into her again today. I approached her this time and asked if she had checked it out. She said that she had tried again during another one of the morning outages. She wanted to get some input on buying her grandson a "really cool" item for his LB, but she said that she just didn't want to keep trying and so she just asked me there for some ideas. It really sucks.

I logged into MI (yep, I said it) on my phone and introduced her to the site for the forum and shop. I showed her some stuff for ideas. You can take away what you want from this. You can even call BS on me, but I know that I am speaking the truth. Quit trying to play the "free" card and quit trying to downplay the efforts that are put in to the community by the Mods, vendors, and regular members.

Some of us take it seriously and also attempt to voice issues/concerns in a constructive manner, but after a while just get fed up. We are only human. All you are doing is eroding what we had built.
This is the most valid argument about this severely beaten topic I've read so far ... good post Adrian. And I agree 110%, btw.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #56
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Through the last few threads regarding the site being down there have been several people that have referenced it one way or another.
Reference what? What do you mean by "it" ?

I understand you're upset. Clearly you must be, since you are taking the time to write out such eloquent posts. The sad thing is that YB probably won't see them. You know how things are around here. So what's the point?

Hey, just to be clear, I'm not trying to put you down or anything. Just saying, it's a matter of perspective. For some of us, the outages aren't such a big deal. More of a "first world problem" if you know what I mean.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #57
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Reference what? What do you mean by "it" ?
referencing:

... Quit trying to play the "free" card and quit trying to downplay the efforts that are put in to the community by the Mods, vendors, and regular members.

I know you aren't trying to be disrespectful Tomate. It just really sticks in my craw when there are even those that are big contributors that I see here reiterating my statement above. I could counter with the question of why bother to even be a part and attempt to positively affect the community if all you view it as is a convenience rather than something with great dedication.

Just trying to I suppose make a few last ditch efforts to raise my voice and concerns before I really do move on. I have been here since the beginning through thick and thin. I am just looking for some simple answers from the owner on why all of the sudden in the passed 6 months or so especially it seems like the site is a third, fourth, or fifth thought. I am realistic in knowing that most likely I will not be answered, but I will be damned if I will extinguish my basic human characteristic to have hope. I can equate it to people's reactions to me and my goals with the Land Speed Runs when the bulk of who I meet laugh or say, "but it is just a stupid Yaris, why don't you use a real car."

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #58
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i still think that mad dog is being over sensitive to the site being down for a couple days....it happens.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #59
12 yaris

Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica
It sure is getting old!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #60
SailDesign

Drives: .
Sounds like time for a thread-lock, since the last two pages have been pretty repetitive, and inconclusive.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #61
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
IN before it gets locked
Old 03-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #62
chriskizi

Drives: 2012 Yaris 3-Door
That's crazy
Old 03-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #63
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
yay I'm in before the lock. c'mon guys, have a chuckle, it's part of life on YW, the LARGEST forum for the Yaris on the internet.

SailDesign, uh yeah..... I'm waiting?

Quote:
Stop posting bitchy crap, and start posting interesting stuff - it's up to you.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Closed Thread