Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #19
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by texkid View Post
Hello all, I just re-installed my OEM springs because I don't think I am ready for a dropped car just yet.

So anyway, after driving around for a bit, I am noticing a "rotor" sound. Its almost like the sound that you have when you get a nail in the tire. But, I checked and rechecked each tire for large pebbles and nails but they're all clean. The sound quality does not vary in response to road condition and it does follow the velocity of the car (ie, decreases as the car slows down and speeds up when the car accelerates). Here's the weird part, I hear it when the windows are closed (and stereo is off), but if I open up the window to pinpoint the location, I don't hear it outside the car.

Other than the fact that I went from DF120 back to original springs, I do have the tire pressures at 44psi (if it has any factor). ONE more thing that I forgot to mention, I am NOT running on the cut bumpstops, I ordered a fresh set from TRDSparks (awesome guy!).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
44psi sounds a bit on the high side. I've heard that overly inflated tires are really noisy... maybe that's the sound you're referring to?
Old 02-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
44psi is the stock tire recommended pressure

Or is it 40?... *runs out to car to check..*

44 max

Last edited by AlexNet0; 02-21-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: ...Or is it 40psi?
AlexNet0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #21
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
hahaha i was gonna say lug nuts loose coz i had that stupid issue on my celica... its great someone suggested it already..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #22
JBIZZ

Drives: 2007 Liftback white
I once bought an old P.OS. Firebird from a friend for $300. I was driving down the road in it one day and heard a terrible scrapping sound coming from the rear end. Next thing I know, I see a wheel fly past me so I stopped. The tire hit a median and must have jumped up like 100 feet in the air, and continued to bounce down the road into oncoming traffic. Thankfully no one got hurt.
JBIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:52 AM   #23
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZZ View Post
I once bought an old P.OS. Firebird from a friend for $300. I was driving down the road in it one day and heard a terrible scrapping sound coming from the rear end. Next thing I know, I see a wheel fly past me so I stopped. The tire hit a median and must have jumped up like 100 feet in the air, and continued to bounce down the road into oncoming traffic. Thankfully no one got hurt.
Thats a good one! I once saw an Oldsmobile loose a front passenger tire at an intersection. The irony is that I had just left my mechanic's shop and thinking that maybe he tightened the nuts too much. Never complained since then.
texkid is offline   Reply With Quote