Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #1
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Moderation Editing

As of recent, it has become somewhat irritating...

What sparked me to get other people's concern on here is this thread -

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...t=23650&page=3

I know we have a new moderation team, and two or so of them which have been with us since day one or the beginning years.....

Yes certain people that argue out of nowhere, like the few that did in the fuel forum section, those posts should be deleted..but those, or the few that have established themselves on here and WE KNOW them here and ignore them...should be left alone.

Yes i know foul language will not be tolerated especially if it contains vulgar language and whatnot...If the thread has gone off topic for the humor i think, some (1-8 posts should be left alone)...just to enjoy

Now most of us know tamago's ignorance and his past....as much as we hate him, we like his knowledge on certain things...And knowing Peterpoop's past posts, it's always entertaining sometimes what he has to say (ie: lighting up in the bathroom and backfiring )...

I ignore things by tamago and such and sometimes give up, but at times it is entertainment and some sparkle to this forum.

This forum has come to know Tamago and Peterpoop, both of which, i think are the entertainers of this place, esp. when they go at it w/ each other for entertainment. I got laughter out of their posts personally~~~

Back in the post, we use to make jokes on Thomas (eTIMAGO), and others alike, people laughed and it brought joy to this forum.....

I see that this forum has taken a turn on becoming more dull and serious as of recent....

To the point...Moderation needs to lighten up on here...

Last edited by Kioshi; 11-05-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
i hate you too kioshi
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
i hate you too kioshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post

p.s in defense of Tamago he did grow up quite a bit in recent months..
oops

hehehehehehehe oh the irony
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post

Now most of us know tamago's ignorance and his past... we like his knowledge on certain things...
please don't group me with peterpoop.
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
To the point...Moderation needs to lighten up on here...
You're right Kioshi, point well taken. Here is another point of view for ya.

Myself, I hate deleting posts, and most of the time, I'd rather look the other way than deleting someone's post. I think it's better to try to stir the conversation back on track another way. "Naw, man, my HK tip in't butt ugly, it's an acquired taste.." something like that.

But sometimes you just have to delete posts, not because you yourself think the post is offensive but because other forum members think the post is offensive and they PM repeatedly until you do something.

Case in point: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23428

(some posts were deleted per OP and other members' insistent requests but you can still see part of the conversation that took place.)

Or you can see other members picking up on it the wrong way and an otherwise perfectly good and informative thread is deteriorating.

Or someone is obviously trying to start a flame war... so you have no choice, it's either delete the posts or lock the thread which is another undesirable thing IMO

Also there is humor / poking fun at someone in a playful way, and then there is flamebating, and the line between the two is real fine, sometimes.

If certain members would stop acting like immature asses (you know who you are) it would sure make life a little easier for all if you know what I'm saying

Last edited by tomato; 11-05-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: adding link
Old 11-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
I'm an immature ass :D
Old 11-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
Tamago

kind of humorous...

my join date is earlier than all of you haha
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
Slick

Oh yeah, well, I bet i'm bigger than all of yall! Take that Mr.senority :p
Old 11-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
Tamago

i think this thread has already outlived it's own usefulness, the OP asked a rhetorical question, and got the standard answers.

moderators don't do anything without a good reason.

if 10 people complain that i post a picture of my car on a thread about headers, in response to peterpoop saying i bought a hairdresser's car, then a mod should delete said post..

so basically, Kioshi, you should be yelling at the overly sensitive members who can't handle thread-drift, and not the moderators
you nailed it sir.

Last edited by tomato; 11-06-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Removing part flamebaiting Kimona
Old 11-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #10
Slick

That was my intention, to steer the thread off course. I was waiting for a mod to bring me back in line :D
Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
Tamago

Quote:
No one wants to read 3 pages of bs just to get to the info they are looking for, thats part of the reason people repost new threads about stuff already covered.
simple solution, just PM me, i have ALL the answers!!!!
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
Tamago

Quote:
Sure thing Tamago, that Would be helpful. Why dont you make a thread Ask Tamago. Im serious
you mean like this???? lol
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #13
Tamago

Quote:
Perfect. Just needs a title edit and maybe a move to the general section and voila. And this approach could be ported to other knowledgable members. If more members become proactive instead of flaming eachother this forum could get even better. Why dont we aim for that , what do you say peeps
do what you have to with it, we'll see what comes of it

i was really kidding by the way, i definitely do not have all the answers!
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:57 AM   #14
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
i think this thread has already outlived it's own usefulness, the OP asked a rhetorical question, and got the standard answers.

moderators don't do anything without a good reason.

if 10 people complain that i post a picture of my car on a thread about headers, in response to peterpoop saying i bought a hairdresser's car, then a mod should delete said post..

so basically, Kioshi, you should be yelling at the overly sensitive members who can't handle thread-drift, and not the moderators
I expressed a concern, not a question. I'm surprised having been here so long you haven't learned how to read yet...(at least on here)

And you're absolutely right, I should be expressing my concern towards the over-sensitive members on here (even though they are of a mature age, not like a video game forum we're talking about here).

Quote:
Ok Kioshi, you and I we had our share of disagreements but I do respect your opinion same as the rest of the mod team. I understand your worries, but IMO i think we the mod team , have been a lot less strict than in the past. Some threads are really interesting and pointless posts that bring absolutely nothing to a thread in question. We have a whole section for stupidity and entertainment its the Off Topic section. Im sure that if you started an important thread and then it got polluted by some meaningless posts you would be vexed. So we as a mod team try and keep the threads clean that way everyone is happy.

Just use the Off-topic section we rarely moderate that one....

p.s in defense of Tamago he did grow up quite a bit in recent months..
I don't know why you bring up the whole "you and I disagreeing" on here. Seems like to me you always never can agree w/ anyone on the forums, you always try to go against people in almost everything..(I'm not going to bring that situation up, and neither should you, so leave it at that). During mid 2007 to early 2008, the moderators were FAR MORE lenient than the recent mod team has....I know because I've seen eTimago, Chris07, and kimona's actions. They were lenient, not the new team (minus 2 mods who ARE lenient). It may be pointless to you but it sometimes joy and entertainment to others. Think outside the box PK.... lets put this scenario out there, because it may be true of a few of us or the majority of us...ie: a middle age man comes home from a dreadful day at work, wants to view the forum for information and something to turn his mind away from work stress. Seeing Tamago and Peterpoop go at it each other in a few posts might bring laughter to that man and set his mind away. Exactly WHY he came/comes to the forum, to change his thoughts onto something better than work, when home.

If my thread had some humor going on in it off-topic arguing, I would laugh actually. Thanks for assuming something totally not of me...good job PK
Now if the humor went on to 3+ pages then it would get annoying, but seeing as that wasn't the case in the link i posted....

And yes, tamago did mature, after how many bans? don't think you were here to even see that...and Yaris T-Sport taking the bans LOL..
Quote:
No one wants to read 3 pages of bs just to get to the info they are looking for, thats part of the reason people repost new threads about stuff already covered.
The link i provided in my first post did not have 3 pages of off-topic discussion, more like HALF a page.

And thanks for going off-topic, if you're going to take you're job serious on here

Oh yeah, Tamago, don't hate on Kimona. He is one of the more lenient mods on here, from the beginning. Just because you were probably banned by him several times, don't go hating on him....he's cool~

tomato I can understand yous situation becoming difficult, especially with certain members pecking at you to make a an unwilling change to something.

PK - you're not a very good mod, sorry to say...it's my opinion and I'm expressing it in the right section. You let the moderation get to your head too easily....sorry to say~~

Quoted by someone anonymously (who's been here since early 2007), Yaris World isn't what it use to be, when looking at the forum from an overall perspective and how its performing among the community...

One last thing....If you have something to say to this, feel free to say it on here and make yourself look like you are talking to yourself, because the majority of the members who agree w/ me on this won't care. Otherwise PM me if you want a direct reply...because I won't look back to this anymore

This is the exact reason why i was hesitant to join "forums" in general because of moderation becoming more strict on forums everywhere~

And I'm done on here, nothing more to say....
Old 11-08-2009, 03:28 AM   #15
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:

Oh yeah, Tamago, don't hate on Kimona. He is one of the more lenient mods on here, from the beginning. Just because you were probably banned by him several times, don't go hating on him....he's cool~

PK - you're not a very good mod, sorry to say...it's my opinion and I'm expressing it in the right section. You let the moderation get to your head too easily....sorry to say~~

Quoted by someone anonymously (who's been here since early 2007), Yaris World isn't what it use to be, when looking at the forum from an overall perspective and how its performing among the community...

And I'm done on here, nothing more to say....
I agree with you. PK is not a good mod. In fact he is a bad mod. He sticks his nose and unwanted comments everywhere, also true of Tamago.

PK you don't think you're flaming, but that is exactly what you do. Same for Tamago. Both of you make this forum unpleasant.

I'm done...............
Old 11-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #16
Slick

I think your a GREAT mod PK :brown nose: I really have nothing to complain about. A job is a job. Gotta have some law n order lol
Old 11-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #17
chongopants
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to chongopants Send a message via MSN to chongopants
and I think I actually provided good data on who uses/likes which header... at least for me... you guys can close the thread if you want.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #18
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I may be a bit of a persona non grata here these days, but lemme tell you guys moderating a forum is not easy, there's such a very very thin line being too lenient, and being too strict... And as with any kind of decision, not everyone is gonna agree no matter what you do...

So, everyone, do yourselves a favor and give the mods a break, I think they are doing a fine job, you guys are generally more unruly than back in the day

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread