Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
jbob10

Drives: yaris
help with a scratch

So I bough a used 2008 silver yaris from Toyota last week. Bought it in the rain and didn't notice a small scratch near the passenger side door handle. I had looked at the car earlier in the sunshine and must've just missed this thing.

Anywho, I need your friendly advice on what to do. I live in New York City and expect there will be many more scratches to come, so I'm reluctant to pay money to fix it. However, the scratch is deep and shows rust in the wound. The pictures I've taken didn't really do it justice since I took them in the late afternoon, but maybe they will give you an idea.

My questions:
1. How much would a body shop charge to fix this?
2. How much would it cost for me to fix this and would it look horrible?

Thanks in advance,
jbob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0033.jpg (194.5 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0034.jpg (214.7 KB, 132 views)
jbob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Hard to tell but looks more like someone opend the door hit something and bent it and cracked the paint. Looks more serious than a scratch. At this point would require somewhat of a profesionall to bend it back maybe minor bondo work and sand and repaint. Thats the only way to get it to look new again. Otherwise if the paint is cracked its going to get worse. I have a guy that comes to my shop that does mobile repair he would charge about 175 to do something like that. Not sure how much a real bodyshop would charge but atleast that gives you somewhat of an idea.

Dont feel so bad though my car has 2 dents in the rear bumper i didnt notice either until the next day i looked at it after i bought it as well.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
jbob10

Drives: yaris
Thanks for the quick reply, yarissedan. Sounds like I need to take the car to the body shop.
jbob10 is offline   Reply With Quote