Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Pulled over for LED license plate light.

Tonight my friend and I got pulled over in my Yaris because the deputy said we had a bluish license plate light. I explained to him that it is a regular clear white LED light and not blue. He says he thought it looked blue. My buddy got arrested for a very old failure to appear from a couple counties over... Not fun. I'm not happy at all about the whole situation...
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
did he give you a ticket regardless of being a white led light?
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
That is serious bullshit. I guess he got bored fondling himself and decide to fuck up somones evening
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
hmmm,

blue lights, or blue-ish...no big deal

failure to appear ? huge deal. your friend starting a life of crime ?

you want sympathy ? not gonna happen.

don't do the crime if you can't do the time. learn it. live it.

stop hanging out with people breaking the law is my suggestion
---------

PS- the cops knew exactly who they were pulling over, the led was a legal excuse
to go after a warrant

Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 07-30-2010 at 09:14 AM.
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
^ that's a stretch to say that the cops knew exactly who they were pulling over. In someone else's car? Please.
People break the law several times a day. To say to stop hanging out with people breaking the law is pretty judgmental. You don't even know if what he was summoned to court for was serious - maybe just a speeding ticket dude. I doubt you're a completely righteous person yourself.

Kac, did you end up getting a ticket for that?
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
hmmm,

failure to appear ? huge deal. your friend starting a life of crime ?

you want sympathy ? not gonna happen.

don't do the crime if you can't do the time. learn it. live it.

stop hanging out with people breaking the law is my suggestion
---------

PS- the cops knew exactly who they were pulling over, the led was a legal excuse
to go after a warrant
awesome feedback/suggestions....

way to judge a book by its cover.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
At least I know I m not the only one, they stopped me about two weeks ago for the samething, but no ticket thank god he just wanted to check out the ride, the officer also has a yaris.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
^ that's a stretch to say that the cops knew exactly who they were pulling over. In someone else's car? Please.
People break the law several times a day. To say to stop hanging out with people breaking the law is pretty judgmental. You don't even know if what he was summoned to court for was serious - maybe just a speeding ticket dude. I doubt you're a completely righteous person yourself.

Kac, did you end up getting a ticket for that?
I am not completely righteous, of course not.

I break several federal and state laws --daily--.

But I do not ever whine or cry to 'the internet' looking for attention
if I am busted for something...oh wait a sec here... I have never been 'busted'
for anything, ever. [Only speeding tickets when I acted like a knob...which
I pay right away, or go to court and act respectful and either get them tossed
or I pay up and leave.]
You wanna know why ? I do not bring attention to myself, that is why.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
awesome feedback/suggestions....

way to judge a book by its cover.

well if you have a court appearance you damn well better show up, there
is absolutely no excuse. if you have any valid excuse notify the court, and the court date will be moved...hence...they will not be looking for you.

you want a life without hassle and harrassment, and full of opportunity ? act like a normal citizen and follow and obey all laws and quit crying about it. harden up. I laugh at people who 'just don't get it' especially if they bait themselves by posting on the internet that 'the MAN is bringing me down'....lulz 111!!1!1!+eleventy

Oh look, 666 posts. I am finally done.

I have encrypted my password from myself, 127.0.0.1 can no longer post.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #10
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Thats the price you pay for having a modified car. Even tho they're "White".

I got pulled over for having my "hi-beams" on.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
ddongbap
Banned

Btw, I don't see how a cop would know about a warrant status of a passenger?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #12
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Depending on the state, any and all notifications can be pulled on any passenger, regardless of cause or situation. Just as if you were pulled for drunk driving, your passenger that is drunk can be charged as well, in certain states. Its all situational to the place, time and offense actually. Risk ratings according businesses and rural areas play factors as well. I'd sit here all day and spout off why but I gotta go crack some heads ;)
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
I had a friend have a similar thing happen in his MR2. The cop followed him for 10+ miles, then finally pulled in behind him in his driveway and turned on his lights, all of this at 2am. His reason? My friend's city lights were "Awful blue looking."

These are the some of the many many many reasons I hate 5-0.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #14
kac

No ticket. the failure to appear was from 4 years ago from 2 counties over when my buddy (who was 20 years old) was on leave serving full time for the U.S. Army. He got a ticket for underaged drinking and missed his court date because he was in Iraq. So the failure to appear warrant came out and we all forgot about it because it was Years ago. He's a good guy, doesn't live a life of crime. He fully 100% cooperated with the deputy who gave him a ride to the jail let him pay his cash and gave him a ride back to his house.

No I did not get a ticket or a warning or anything because the license plate light is WHITE... not blue.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #15
kac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
The deputy asked for my buddy's information and he gave it to him. We both cooperated fully with the deputy because that's the kind of guys we are...
Old 07-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #16
ddongbap
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kac View Post
The deputy asked for my buddy's information and he gave it to him. We both cooperated fully with the deputy because that's the kind of guys we are...
No, I mean that 127.0.0.0.0.0.0.01 guy said they targeted you, cause the cop knew your passenger had a bench warrant? Doesn't make sense.

I do realize the cop can pull a record off of an ID.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #17
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
hmmm,

failure to appear ? huge deal.
Gotta agree with that. Best to face the music now, then move on with the rest of your life.

UPDATE:

Yeah, I just read the following posts now. Failure to appear can happen to the best of us, but then they issue a bench warrant and you gotta deal with that.

If the guy was in the service, then he can explain his situation. If they issued a bench warrant for failure to appear, then he might have to do community service, pay a fine for the courts fees or what not. But it's best to get this taken care of now, not ignore it.

You know, they probably would have found him when he renews his driver's license or something like that. Probably a blessing in disguise that the cop stopped you.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #18
kac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
You know, they probably would have found him when he renews his driver's license or something like that. Probably a blessing in disguise that the cop stopped you.
No doubt. Since he had forgotten about that ticket from 4 years ago he is happy to now have it taken care of. I'm not a big fan of the fact that the deputy stopped us basicly because it was two young looking guys driving out in the country at 2am. The LED light looking blue was just B.S...