Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Samsung Galaxy S3 or iPhone5? (no bashing please)

I'm looking for honest opinions here. I currently have the iPhone4 (first gen iPhone before that). It seems the 4S made bigger improvements over the 4 than the 5 is making over the 4S. I just don't see the 5 being all that great, I was expecting more out of Apple.

With that said, I'm leaning heavily towards an Android phone. Being semi new to the Android market though, I have some reserves as to what would be the best option for me. Obviously I want something comparable to the iPhone5. As far as size of phone, 16gb internal with microSD expandability is perfectly fine by me (definitely reduces cost). Screen size, I don't want the phone to be so big that I can't fit it into my pocket. I know the S3 is a little over 4", and that's probably the biggest I'd go.

Any thoughts and comments from those who have an Android device as to whether the S3 is worth it, or if there is something better that's already out (I've been waiting since June to upgrade, pending the iPhone5 release, hoping it'd be really great).

I know I'm going to lose all my apps I've already purchesed, but browsing through the Android Market (or Google Play, whatever it's called), and found that a good portion of the apps I really like are also available for free on Android.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote