Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #19
evilreign

Drives: Yaris
Nice find! Wouldn't mind gettin that in my ride also.
evilreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #20
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I've found a decent looking replica here, added to my accessories group buy thread, with or without gauges.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #21
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Nice eTiMaGo!! Do you have installation instructions?
Old 04-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #22
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I'm not quite sure, I'll be going back to the shop monday or tuesday and I'll check on that. It either screws in or tapes on.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-28-2007, 12:27 PM   #23
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

...tape? lol, oh God I hope not. Just keep us posted man! See if you can find out what size guages go in it as well.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:38 AM   #24
R0ME0

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS Turbo
That HKS gauge is pretty beefy lookin! I like! Is it real? Any prices on that? I am also interested in how this mounts! I'd be down to up the meter holder and the TACH!

Last edited by R0ME0; 04-29-2007 at 03:00 AM.
R0ME0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:54 AM   #25
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

That's an HKS badge in a cheap gauge (I think it's an autometer ripoff).. but it does have a buit in shift light which looks cool..

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-29-2007, 08:48 AM   #26
R0ME0

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
That's an HKS badge in a cheap gauge (I think it's an autometer ripoff).. but it does have a buit in shift light which looks cool..
Cool! Yea get me prices! Is that gauge mechanical or electric? 80mm size gauge yes? I don't think we have anything like that over here! I def want prices on that and the trd replica gauge holder, plus how that piece mounts to the dash! I have my goodie money set aside ready to go! Let me know!
Old 04-29-2007, 08:57 AM   #27
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

I've got prices in the accessories group buy thread (click the pic in my sig), bur I'll be confirming fitment and sizes in a couple of days

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #28
heylookitsjames
maintenance of momentum

Drives: 2007 5spd 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS SOLO View Post
If someone can find us a complete drivers side glove box lid, I think I can get some CF ones made to hold Tach and two gauges.
Way ahead of you... I was going to do the same thing for a Sard stack rd-1 but unfortunately, toyota doesn't sell the box lid by itself, so you would need to find a wrecked yaris or something.
heylookitsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #29
YarisKid

Drives: 2007 Bayou Metallic Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
just a single pod, just for the tach would be nice right on the glove box
I think a single tach pod would look awesome. Not on the glove box though, maybe upper right hand corner of the dash. I can't bring myself to mount an ugly tach on my A-Pillar....

-YK
YarisKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #30
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Well guys, some good news and bad news.

The gauge cover screws onto your driver's side glove box, so you'll need to drill some holes yourself.

I would not get the included gauges, they look really cheap and the left one is a boost gauge?!??! And, they don't come with any sensors, just bare wires, seems too much of a potential headache.

I could not get a measurement of the size of the gauges, they didn't have any ruler at the shop! Anyhow the small gauges look to be 1 1/2" and the large one a 3 3/8". When I buy the actual cover for whoever orders them, I will confirm the exact size before shipping.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 05-15-2007, 01:10 AM   #31
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
Decided to forget about the gauge cluster. I bought 3 Megan gauges and am now trying to decide how I want these installed. In front of the steering wheel fitted inside the drivers side glovebox or on top of the dash in the left corner or in a pod on top of the dash.
I saw the Tein version which fitted them in the center (heater control) console.
but then how would I get the aircon working? LOL.

I'll have to figure out this one.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #32
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Well guys, some good news and bad news.

The gauge cover screws onto your driver's side glove box, so you'll need to drill some holes yourself.

I would not get the included gauges, they look really cheap and the left one is a boost gauge?!??! And, they don't come with any sensors, just bare wires, seems too much of a potential headache.

I could not get a measurement of the size of the gauges, they didn't have any ruler at the shop! Anyhow the small gauges look to be 1 1/2" and the large one a 3 3/8". When I buy the actual cover for whoever orders them, I will confirm the exact size before shipping.
Awesome! Looking forward to an update!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:14 AM   #33
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
We are measuring and mocking up a stealth gauge cluster that mounts INSIDE the glove box. It's going to be a love it or hate it thing for most of you. There is a reason we are doing it though. Our cars are going to have the ZPI turbos, and we want a real boost gauge, tach w/shift light, and a real temp gauge. The problem with the obvoius dash/A=pillar mount is OBVIOUSNESS.

We don't want to make it known there's a little more going on under the hood. When somebody looks in one of the cars we want them to see a big, goofy speedo in the middle of the dash with no tach. They'll decide: "POSER" and laugh themselves away.

Then, BAM, we open the glovebox to reveal the gauges when we want to go hunting or are at the track. M-F Stealth, S-S Race Ready. Anyhow, opinions are welcome... I'll mock it up later.
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:56 AM   #34
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderkitten View Post
We are measuring and mocking up a stealth gauge cluster that mounts INSIDE the glove box. It's going to be a love it or hate it thing for most of you. There is a reason we are doing it though. Our cars are going to have the ZPI turbos, and we want a real boost gauge, tach w/shift light, and a real temp gauge. The problem with the obvoius dash/A=pillar mount is OBVIOUSNESS.

We don't want to make it known there's a little more going on under the hood. When somebody looks in one of the cars we want them to see a big, goofy speedo in the middle of the dash with no tach. They'll decide: "POSER" and laugh themselves away.

Then, BAM, we open the glovebox to reveal the gauges when we want to go hunting or are at the track. M-F Stealth, S-S Race Ready. Anyhow, opinions are welcome... I'll mock it up later.
Sounds cool... But maybe it's just me, having the glovebox open when driving just seems so weird...

So... crazy idea maybe, but why not replace the glove box lid with a piece of curved plexiglass, maybe smoked so you don't see the gauges till they light up?

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 05-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #35
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Sweeeeeeeet