Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-20-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
azn_driver

Drives: Toyota Vitz
Looks great, wish I can go that low with my yaris but uh the s/o will kill me..

and about your Swift Spring upgrade, here is another reputable company that makes springs with custom spring rates:

http://www.hypercoils.com/
azn_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #2
dumbo0

Drives: Betsy - 07 Yaris HB
terence, what did you use to cover your rear wiper? taking off mine too lol
Old 04-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #3
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_driver View Post
Looks great, wish I can go that low with my yaris but uh the s/o will kill me..

and about your Swift Spring upgrade, here is another reputable company that makes springs with custom spring rates:

The s/o? Haha but thanks a lot man, much appreciated. Sweet, i'll take a look at that company!

http://www.hypercoils.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo0 View Post
terence, what did you use to cover your rear wiper? taking off mine too lol
Haha nice! I just bought a 1" plastic plug from Lowes lol
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
TerenceCruz

Finally received my 6" 10k and 5" Swift springs via FedEx. Time to go lower and fix my fitment to get it exactly how I want it. I'll post a picture of the car when they're installed! Now I gotta figure out what to set my dampening to lol.

Old 05-09-2015, 03:29 AM   #5
TerenceCruz

Hey guys, so the springs are installed along with the second pair of camber bolts in the front. They ride great, and I haven't even adjusted my dampening yet. But, only problem I'm having is in the front. The front left side is making some clunking noise as if the spring is loose or something, and the right side is just making some creaking sound. Do you guys have any idea what it might be? Thanks a lot!

Note: Megan Racing coilovers

Went from 8" 6k Megan springs in the front to 6" 10k Swift springs
Went from 7" 3k Megan springs in the rear to 5" 8k Swift springs
Old 05-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #6
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Do the springs have those plastic sleeve things on them? If not that can be the creaking noise. As far as the clunking that's probably the rear springs. When I put the shorter springs on my rear they would pop up and down in the seats and clunk. They never unseated themselves though.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #7
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
Do the springs have those plastic sleeve things on them? If not that can be the creaking noise. As far as the clunking that's probably the rear springs. When I put the shorter springs on my rear they would pop up and down in the seats and clunk. They never unseated themselves though.
Really? I'm almost positive the clunking is from the front.. And no they don't have the plastic sleeves on them cause they wouldn't fit on there. Megans were 62mm ID and Swifts are 60mm so the plastic sleeves wouldn't fit.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #8
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
Have the front springs been pre-loaded correctly?
“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #9
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestylin View Post
Have the front springs been pre-loaded correctly?
There is some play where the springs can move up and down a bit, but I dropped some of the preload a little bit in order to get to the height I wanted. If I spin the shock down any more it's too close to my axle. I was wondering if it was the spring bouncing, but once the weight of the car is on the ground the springs shouldn't be able to move, correct?
Old 05-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #10
TerenceCruz

Current ride height. About 1cm of clearance between the rear sidewall and fender, and maybe half an inch clearance in the front. I love it. But I will love it more when I get rid of that clunking noise and the tiny bit of creaking I hear lol.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #11
TerenceCruz

Found the problem! It was actually my LOWER sway bar end link. I didn't even think to touch that because we didn't touch it in the first place (rookie mistake, I know lol). Shook the car while my friend was feeling for something loose, and he felt the lower sway bar end link rattle, so we tightened that, and now all is well! Now I'm just enjoying the lower ride height with less scraping. Best part of all, being able to take passengers again :) Current pics.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #12
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Fresh to death
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #13
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Fresh to death
Haha! Right on man, thanks!
Old 05-14-2015, 01:11 AM   #14
Freestylin

Glad you got it figured out! Sometimes the smallest things causes a big problem lol.
“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Old 05-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #15
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Glad you got it figured out! Sometimes the smallest things causes a big problem lol.
Seriously though man :( Haha now I'm just enjoying the new ride man :)
Old 05-27-2015, 08:34 PM   #16
TerenceCruz

Went a little lower then took her to my friend to get an alignment :)

Last edited by TerenceCruz; 06-17-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:12 PM   #17
Freestylin

Are you getting more negative camber in as well or do you just need an alignment in general after playing with the ride height?
Old 05-27-2015, 11:38 PM   #18
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Are you getting more negative camber in as well or do you just need an alignment in general after playing with the ride height?
Added the Swift springs, lowered a bit more, and added the second pair of camber bolts! That's pretty much it, haha. I'm very content with the suspension now, just gotta find a way to adjust my front dampening with an allen key since I dont have the dampening keys. Misplaced them haha.