Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Should Admins be given more creative control
Give Admins More Control 9 81.82%
Keep Forum The Same With No Changes 2 18.18%
Don't Care 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Yarisworld.com Home Page Update

There it is folks! Our home page in all its glory. A second gen display of arguably the best years (USDM speaking personally) of the Yaris. So where are the newest displays of this great car? Where are the improvements to showcase this and entice people to come join? What does that home page right there give the average 3000 daily visitors that another someplace else will. My opinion tells me nothing. It's dated. It doesn't give me a lap dance and my guess is that those 3000 visitors wore sweat pants the day they clicked on that link expecting one.

How does a company like Google, Apple or the run of the mill chain restaurant bring in new customers? They evolve, they advertise, and they make an effort.

Most people on this forum care (at least they use to) about what goes on here and how the community image is portrayed. Then there are some that don't care. Either way, a community is a community. I personally have made a few life long friends here and that will always tie me back to this community/forum, and for that I am grateful. The lap dances definitely use to be better; try the steak, it's phenomenal.

My point? Let's face it, image sells and right now, I don't see much selling here. It has been mentioned again and again, but it seems to go know where fast and I can never figure out why. Why would someone intentionally neglect a good thing? Why would someone not want for their "baby" to succeed and progress? With a value of just over $19,000, that sounds like a pretty good thing for a forum that has been around for several years. Only problem that I see is that number really hasn't changed...ever.

Everyone will always have a better idea of how to run a business. Am I telling the Admins how to run a business? (yes, they actually make a little money off of this site)? Maybe I am. That's not my point here, clearly. It simply means I have entirely too much time today, and no one has committed a crime for me to interrogate them with a phone book.

So, here we are. What do we do about it? We can't, remember? Admins need to be given more control of this site. Maybe that's the answer, maybe it's not. But, it's an effort...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yaris.jpg (77.5 KB, 196 views)
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote