Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2010, 06:51 AM   #1
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
Smoking Ban? Drinking Ban!

Smoking has been banned in most public places.

I think drinking should be banned in public places as well.

I totally understand that my smoking may bother others who don't smoke. Hell, I rode on airplanes back in the days when you could smoke on them, and at the time I didn't. I think that's why those little air nozzles were put into planes to begin with, because the smoke choked me. I have always disliked smoking sections in restaurants. I don't go to a restaurant to smoke, so even though I smoke I always got the non-smoking section.

Now, as far as drinking goes, I think it should be banned in public places too. Places such as sporting events should be first on the list. The problem with drinking in public places a lot of the time has to do with Joe Jerkoff who has one too many Bud Lights and decides to let the asshole side of himself come out. You know, those loud people who you'd just like to punch out. Around the world, drinking at sporting events has caused riots and other violence, and yet it's not banned.

Bars should also be closed, as they are also public places. The legal limit in most states is going down, down, down, so basically you will be legally drunk if you have just a couple of beers with any alcohol in them at all. Unfortunately, there are those who don't know the meaning of the word "moderation" and go to a bar to "unwind" after work. That means to drink more than they should be, in general, and these idiots drive home afterward. Okay, that's REAL safe.

It just seems to me that there's a double standard, and if you're gonna ban one thing, you damn sure oughta ban the other. Just my personal opinion, of course!