Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #1
Noisetube

Drives: Vitz RS...
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
Is this a request for the early Xb-we can just need 10 Xb owners to step up.
Question,
Any chance the Yaris intake will fit the Xb? since you're asking for 10 owners I assume you don't think it will. Because of the throttle or because of the engine bay room ?

Thanks.
Noisetube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
The gains would be similar for the easrly Xb since they share the same motor. We could do a run of intakes fo rthe early Xb as well (since much would be shared with yaris design), but like the yaris, we would need 10 early Xb owners to sign up to justify the production run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisetube View Post
Question,
Any chance the Yaris intake will fit the Xb? since you're asking for 10 owners I assume you don't think it will. Because of the throttle or because of the engine bay room ?

Thanks.
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
richardholdener

Might also be able to do an adapter plate to go from yaris TB mounting flange to early XB mounting fplange-depends on orientationof intake in engine bay-I need to look at early Xb engine bay.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
toyochris

Drives: Yaris LB '07 Blazing Blue
if i put on myself on the list is there a time limit for the pay or can i be asure that if i dont put myself on the list now would it be production of the intake manifold on the future?
toyochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
richardholdener

I'm not sure if I understand the question. If you are serious about wanting to purchase an intake for the yaris-put your name on the list. If we don't get 10 people to sign up-there will be no intakes. If we do, the those people will get the first production run of intakes and it is undecided if there will be an additional production run. Best bet if you want an intake-step up and get on the list.