Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
yariseggvvti

Drives: Yaris Hatchieback
Tools to change front and rear suspension

Can someone list the size of tools in order change front and rear suspension. Also, take off stock shock attachments in to Tein.

Very appreciated your help and information!

Happy New Year!
yariseggvvti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
yPod09
All black everything.

Drives: '09 5dr All black.
Check out the DO IT YOURSELF section of the forum, TONS of helpful stuff.

Like the link below that has exactly what you are looking for:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1096
yPod09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
yariseggvvti

YPod09, Thanks for the link! I am going to try install the Tein basic this weekend.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
If you are keeping the stock shocks, you MUST have the spring compressors to safely remove the spring retaining plates. You should also have access to a decent quality impact wrench, an 18" or longer breaker bar, and all of the tools listed in the guide/service manual.

Also, a decent set of jackstands is the bare minimum you need to safely lift the vehicle. Do NOT use just the emergency jack! If you have access to a vehicle lift, that's the best tool to use.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
I was just using my wrocket without any breaker bars.. The really tricky tool appeared to be the deep offset wrench.. simply because I did not have one.. had to go the tool shop.

all tools can be seen here http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PTR11-52070inst.pdf
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:36 AM   #6
yariseggvvti

Thanks all for the advice! I am plan buy all the hardware and not bother to take any parts from the stock suspension. I believe this way will make my life easier. I notice it will be cost a bit but I am going to do it myself. Looking forward pushing hard in the corner.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yariseggvvti View Post
I am plan buy all the hardware and not bother to take any parts from the stock suspension. I believe this way will make my life easier. I notice it will be cost a bit but I am going to do it myself.
This is what I did with my front springs/shocks when I put on Tokico blues and Tien S-techs, so now it's just a modular swap. You will need to use a press to install the bearings on the retainer plate, but everything else is just hand tools.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
yariseggvvti

Crankyoldman, in order to press the bearing on the retainer plate. What kind the tool I have to prepare. Its okay rent it from AutoZone.

I am try to get all the information and get it done in the weekend. Yaris is my daily driven vehicle.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
CrankyOldMan

To press the bearing correctly, you need an arbor or hydraulic press. I have access to a few different sizes at work and at school, so I didn't need to buy one. I don't see them available from AutoZone for rental, but you can probably go to a mechanic and ask them to do it for you. It only takes a few seconds, so they may even do it for free.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #10
yariseggvvti

I am going to get everything done first before making a move. I dont wanna end up missing of hold up something. Thanks for the advice!