Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: What's more important? Cheap price or good quality?
As cheap as possible without getting crap 13 27.08%
I don't mind paying more, to get good stuff. 35 72.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Replica bodykits poll and discussion

OK, been doing a lot of research about replica bodykits available here.

To put it in simple terms, there are the cheaper, lower grade kits and the more expensive, higher grade kits.
The fit and finish of high-grade kits is as close to perfect as can be expected (the shop which does them also does the OEM lips and skirts for Toyota dealerships)
For medium-grade kits, it is more than likely that some trimming will be required on all pieces in order to fit seamlessly. Also, the actual shape of the pieces may not be exactly the same as the original ones.
There's also low-grade kits, they're not that much cheaper, but I doubt you'd want the headache of trying to get those to fit!

What I would like to know is, if you are interested in buying a bodykit from over here, which is most important to you? Price or quality?

These are ESTIMATED selling prices for selected full body kits (front bumper, rear RS bumper + lip, side skirts and spoiler:

C-ONE Original price (for reference): US$2000+ unpainted and not including the RS rear bumper (required for the rear bumper lip). This pricing is as per Bulletproof's website and can probably be discounted.
C-ONE High grade replica: US$1000-1200 (unpainted).
C-ONE Medium grade replica: US$650-700 (unpainted).

Ings+1 Original price in FRP (for reference): $1700+ (not including a spoiler). Pricing as per Bulletproof's website
Ings+1 High grade replica: US$900-1100 (unpainted) including C-ONE style spoiler
Ings+1 Medium grade replica: US$500-600 (unpainted) NOT including any spoiler

Burnout KD-VII kits are also available, but only from the high-grade shop, at a total price of around $1500 unpainted.
Vitz RS front and rear bumpers also available, at around $180 EACH, though I'm not 100% sure if that includes the front/rear fog lights too.

All the above kits can also be supplied in individual pieces (if you ony want side skirts, or front bumper, etc), but if you add up the individual prices it will be more expensive than the complete set.

If we get enough orders of a certain grade, we can probably get even better pricing.

If requested, painting can also be done here. Paint matching can be achieved, for paint codes that are not available here, we will need you to send us the tow hook cover (that little round plug on your front bumper) so that the shop can use that as a paint sample. We can get either near-perfect paint by Dupont 2K, it should cost roughly $500 for the full kit, or lower-grade paint for half the price. Of course, I still personally recommend you to get the unpainted kit and get it painted locally to ensure perfect paint match, and reduce chances of paint damage while in transit.

As for shipping, we are still working that out, let me know also if you prefer slower, cheaper shipping (Around $300, almost a month in transit), or faster shipping ($500+, around 2 weeks)

Lastly, an important disclaimer, if you install these bodykits, you will need to remove the rear bumper brace, and quite likely the front one too, for some kits. I can maybe get the smaller OEM front brace from Toyota here, if you want, but it won't be cheap.

So, please, let's hear your thoughts!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
personally i would try to refrain from having to do any extra work ontop of buying a full kit. Get the original and show that bad boy out... i love the C-One Front bumper, ive wanted to get this for sooo long, the thing is i also LOVE the rear bumper too so that means i need the spoiler and the side skirts to complete the set.... money always is the issue for dollar savers, and thats usually what it comes down to. everyone has their own opinion on saving their dollar, i would just prefer to get the higher quality things if its the body.

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I believe in "Go before Show"

The only body kit I like for the car is the RS rear bumper! I just wish it had a Center Exhaust Cut Out!

Most likely I will never buy a body kit for this car… As a USDM I would need a Front and Rear Rebar… and I don’t want that EXTRA Weight…

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I voted cheap. Whether you pay more for the high quality kit or less for a low quality one, a knockoff is a knockoff, and a body kit is still a body kit. The chances of you smacking it on something one day and cracking a piece are good, so why spend a ton of money on something you may have to replace one day? Thats my logic. $500-600 for the INGS+1 kit? Are you f'n kidding me?
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I voted cheap as well. The points that Chino makes are pretty solid. Also, when you factor in shipping, the prices just go through the roof.
Here are some links to the kits themselves in case someone needs 'em:

C-ONE:
http://www.c-one.co.jp/C-ONEPARTS/vitz-rs_91.html

Ings+1:
http://www.ings-net.com/english/prod...its/index.html

Burnout KD-VIII:
http://www.burnout-web.com/SHOP/40120/48592/list.html

Last edited by tk-421; 06-06-2007 at 11:38 AM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #6
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
where can u get the ings medium replica?

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
moi, soon

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #8
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
i little of topic but can you also get the stock bumper? the color does matter it can always be repainted. IS there any in the scrap yard yet over there? or are you willing to part with your stock bumper eTiMaGo? thanks.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

hmmm I'm sure it would be possible to get it off Toyota themselves, but at what price?

I'll try to ask around, see if I can find some people who have changed theirs, and get their old ones...

Although, I have my old rear bumper just sitting there doing nothing, and I will get myself one of these replica ones, so my front will be available, but they're red, though...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
OK, been doing a lot of research about replica bodykits available here.

To put it in simple terms, there are the cheaper, lower grade kits and the more expensive, higher grade kits.
The fit and finish of high-grade kits is as close to perfect as can be expected (the shop which does them also does the OEM lips and skirts for Toyota dealerships)
For medium-grade kits, it is more than likely that some trimming will be required on all pieces in order to fit seamlessly. Also, the actual shape of the pieces may not be exactly the same as the original ones.
There's also low-grade kits, they're not that much cheaper, but I doubt you'd want the headache of trying to get those to fit!

What I would like to know is, if you are interested in buying a bodykit from over here, which is most important to you? Price or quality?

These are ESTIMATED selling prices for selected full body kits (front bumper, rear RS bumper + lip, side skirts and spoiler:

C-ONE Original price (for reference): US$2000+ unpainted and not including the RS rear bumper (required for the rear bumper lip). This pricing is as per Bulletproof's website and can probably be discounted.
C-ONE High grade replica: US$1000-1200 (unpainted).
C-ONE Medium grade replica: US$650-700 (unpainted).

Ings+1 Original price in FRP (for reference): $1700+ (not including a spoiler). Pricing as per Bulletproof's website
Ings+1 High grade replica: US$900-1100 (unpainted) including C-ONE style spoiler
Ings+1 Medium grade replica: US$500-600 (unpainted) NOT including any spoiler

Burnout KD-VII kits are also available, but only from the high-grade shop, at a total price of around $1500 unpainted.
Vitz RS front and rear bumpers also available, at around $180 EACH, though I'm not 100% sure if that includes the front/rear fog lights too.

All the above kits can also be supplied in individual pieces (if you ony want side skirts, or front bumper, etc), but if you add up the individual prices it will be more expensive than the complete set.

If we get enough orders of a certain grade, we can probably get even better pricing.

If requested, painting can also be done here. Paint matching can be achieved, for paint codes that are not available here, we will need you to send us the tow hook cover (that little round plug on your front bumper) so that the shop can use that as a paint sample. We can get either near-perfect paint by Dupont 2K, it should cost roughly $500 for the full kit, or lower-grade paint for half the price. Of course, I still personally recommend you to get the unpainted kit and get it painted locally to ensure perfect paint match, and reduce chances of paint damage while in transit.

As for shipping, we are still working that out, let me know also if you prefer slower, cheaper shipping (Around $300, almost a month in transit), or faster shipping ($500+, around 2 weeks)

Lastly, an important disclaimer, if you install these bodykits, you will need to remove the rear bumper brace, and quite likely the front one too, for some kits. I can maybe get the smaller OEM front brace from Toyota here, if you want, but it won't be cheap.

So, please, let's hear your thoughts!
Damn thats some expense! All for something that does nothing...but im liking YOUR prices Etimago.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #11
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Damn thats some expense! All for something that does nothing...but im liking YOUR prices Etimago.
Chrome bits and pieces don't do much either, it's all about style, standing out from the crowd

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #12
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

Drives: '10 SWP STi/'09 Escalade
Send a message via AIM to ASHRAF Send a message via MSN to ASHRAF Send a message via Yahoo to ASHRAF
I'm now thinking about replacing the car

but if I'm not ganna, I'll sure order a replica c-one body kit of a good quality

can you include pics of the kits installed please

cYa
'08 Fiji Blue Pearl Honda Civic Mugen Si - US
'08 Lightning Red Subaru Impreza WRX STi - US
'09 Diamond White Pearl Cadillac Escalade - US (current)
'10 Satin White Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi - US (current)
'11 Yaris?
ASHRAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHRAF View Post
I'm now thinking about replacing the car

but if I'm not ganna, I'll sure order a replica c-one body kit of a good quality

can you include pics of the kits installed please

cYa
I'll see what I can find... I'll be getting a front bumper myself, though I'm not sure which one yet

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #14
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
Is this replica Vitz RS bumpers or OEM ? How much total for RS front and rear bumpers, JDM front rebar, and rear fog lenses ?

If it's replica, is it polyurethane ?

Cheers
That's for the FRP replicas, the originals are about three times the price

I will confirm the lenses and fog lights and so on tomorrow. Bedtime here now

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #15
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

Drives: '10 SWP STi/'09 Escalade
Send a message via AIM to ASHRAF Send a message via MSN to ASHRAF Send a message via Yahoo to ASHRAF
The RS bumpers sounds great for me, if the foglights are there

I may be selling the car so I want it dressed up, but not too expensively

cYa
'08 Fiji Blue Pearl Honda Civic Mugen Si - US
'08 Lightning Red Subaru Impreza WRX STi - US
'09 Diamond White Pearl Cadillac Escalade - US (current)
'10 Satin White Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi - US (current)
'11 Yaris?
ASHRAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #16
OxyG3nE

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via AIM to OxyG3nE Send a message via MSN to OxyG3nE
i want the c-one body kit anytime if you can get it replica .. i order right now :P
OxyG3nE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #17
Fred2006

Drives: Yaris 06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I voted cheap. Whether you pay more for the high quality kit or less for a low quality one, a knockoff is a knockoff, and a body kit is still a body kit. The chances of you smacking it on something one day and cracking a piece are good, so why spend a ton of money on something you may have to replace one day? Thats my logic. $500-600 for the INGS+1 kit? Are you f'n kidding me?

X2
Old 06-07-2007, 02:01 AM   #18
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I just want to know what kit(s) will fit my US car. and, if "modifications" are needed, what are they? I like the AeroOver kit the best, but I've heard it won't easily fit my car. I would love to see a definitive list with what spec the kits fit.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote