Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
abdallah380
Fly Emirates :)

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
never ever want to see this day again... :(

hey ppl, thought i'd share this with you.. i drive a 2009 barcelona red sedan.. was driving back home after dropping off a friend... when i was on a road driving at average speed. n slowing down when i saw the traffic ahead everything went smooth, till i saw a taxi "corolla" behind me doing about a 150 or 160 km/h that moment i tried to change my lane, i couldnt coz there were cars ahead and on the other lane... i closed my eyes terrified to death. heard a very short brakes of the corolla n it hit my car so hard that the impact caused an accident of 5 cars in total... obviously i was on the 4th in row which caused the direct impact of my car from the taxi.. the taxi pushed my car so hard to the camry ahead of me that hit the nissan altima ahead of him which hit the nissan armada ahead of the altima. im ok just got a pain in my neck n back. the ppl in cars ahead are ok too just with broken bumpers. while my car has a broken bumper ahead but my bumper from the back fell off, the trunk is pushed in and the exhaust is dragged on the ground. the corrola's engine is totalled.. but what's worrying me most is the passenger who was in the taxi.. she was a young woman who is in a hospital now, last time i saw her she was unconscious with severely bleeding face.
"" i ask all of u to pray for her to get well soon..""
the cops cancelled the taxi driver's license n locked him up n took the car keys from him..
as for me, i have to wait n see what the insurance have to say for this n hopefully since its a new car the dealer shall repair/replace the damaged parts as soon as possible. i need my car, its important for my college n work.
ill try to get u the pics soon..
i hope i never see this day again.
abdallah380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
AzNguy

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 2009
what i learn is you can sue the driver's employee.;p and you'll 100% win the case because of your pain and car damage.
AzNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Glad you're OK. Wonder why the taxi was driving much faster than traffic?
Old 10-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Sad story, u r ok thats all it matter sorry for ur yaris, my prayers for her
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
I hate taxi drivers, almost all around the world....

Inshallah the young lady recovers quickly and without any more pain. My prayers go out to her. Glad you're ok though. The Yaris did its job of protecting you.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
I'm sorry to hear that man. Just glad you're okay. She'll be in my thoughts

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Dam that is real ruff , but don't hold your hopes up on getting
your Yaris back , it sounds like a right off .
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
if you saw it coming and ur standing still you should have stepped out of ur car.. ur neck pain might be worst than you think its gonna keep coming back to hurt you..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #9
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
if you saw it coming and ur standing still you should have stepped out of ur car.. ur neck pain might be worst than you think its gonna keep coming back to hurt you..
that could have been super dangerous too tho...all around just a bad situation to be in, glad the OP is ok...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #10
abdallah380

hey thanks for ur posts, took my car back to the toyota dealer. they said that the car may or or may not be written off due to the price of the repair costs. but they said since the chassis in camry, corrola n yaris sedans are not in a single peice. they are parts joined together. so there is a chance to fix it. i shall get the answer in 1 week time. hopefully i get my car back soon.
n the young woman who was rushed to hospital is doing fine :) she suffered a broken nose but she has insurance. im much more relaxed to know she's ok :)
as for the taxi driver he's still in jail till he gets a ruling from the court.

here is the pics of my car before i gave it to the toyota dealers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0026.jpg (63.9 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0027.jpg (63.7 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0028.jpg (70.4 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0029.jpg (57.0 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0030.jpg (65.8 KB, 172 views)
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #11
tomato
Super Moderator

Glad to hear that she's OK. Good luck with your car!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #12
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Good luck!
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Drives: 09 Yaris 3D; 05 R6; 00civic si
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdallah380 View Post
im ok just got a pain in my neck n back.
Coming from someone with a pretty major back injury, GET IT CHECKED OUT ASAP!!

With car accidents, neck and back pain may arise after the fact since your body is in so much shock from the events that just occurred. If you go to the doctor, get everything checked out and documented you can always pursue a future claim if something turns up later.

If not, then the other party's insurance can argue that you never sought medical treatment after the accident and can deny you all coverage.

Neck/Back injuries are no laughing matter. They can get really expensive REALLY quick. Better safe than sorry, IMO.

With that said... I'm glad the accident wasn't worse. I hope you and your baby heal up quickly.
KRAZGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
ern-diz

+1

for the impact described and the number of cars ultimately involved, she looks like she held up really well...am i wrong to feel like my LB wouldn't hold up as well?...idk...
Old 10-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #15
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Seeing people's crashes on here in the past, their LB's have held up pretty good, well as for the person being safe..YES, the LB....it depends on the scenario of the collision. But there was someone on here w/ a multiple collision in his Yaris (think it was an LB), and it survived pretty good....
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #16
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
Seeing people's crashes on here in the past, their LB's have held up pretty good, well as for the person being safe..YES, the LB....it depends on the scenario of the collision. But there was someone on here w/ a multiple collision in his Yaris (think it was an LB), and it survived pretty good....
come to think of it, you're right...i have seen a few pretty mangled lb's in different threads on here and they did ok...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #17
abdallah380

hey guys.. well its a really bad new for me now... the car will be written off.. the rule here is that if the repair costs are more than 50% of the price of the car then the insurance shall not pay for it. they will give u 85% of the price of the car if bought within same year.. or the choice is the repairs to be made at local garages coz its much cheaper and not at dealership. but i refused since i like my things to be maintained well id prefer it to be repaired at the toyota dealership... but since that will not be possible, the car will be written off... :(
well i decided i will buy another 2009/10 yaris sedan. if not, i may buy my friend's 2007 honda accord which is in perfect condition.. what do u guys say? a new yaris or my friend's accord?

im gonna really really really really miss my yaris. i had it for almost 9 months n i loved every day having it. it was a true joy driving my yaris around for many purposes... its really hard to imagine not to have it again. evn if i get another brand new yaris it may still not feel quite the same.. well i got a choice of another brand new yaris or 07 model accord...
RIP barcelona red yaris :(
Old 11-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #18
tomato
Super Moderator

You know this is a Yaris forum so most people will tell you to get a Yaris!! :)
I'm a huge Honda fan, so I would hesitate too.

How many miles on the Accord? Is it auto, manual?
do you like the color? do you like the way it feels when you drive it?
Is the price equal?

Wouldn't you rather have a brand new car, though? I think I would, even though, I love Hondas. Very tough decision.

maybe you ought to make a list of things you like and dislike about both cars, sometimes writing things down can help make a decision, especially when it's a close call.

I'm thinking, honestly, that since you loved your Yaris so much, you should just get another one. (no, I don't work for Toyota ;)

good luck with your decision !