Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Happy Veterans Day

As I finish out the last day of my second full week over here in Afghanistan, I just wanted to say hello from the other side of the world.

I'd also like to take the time to wish any of our fellow YarisWorld members that are serving now or have served a happy and safe Veterans Day. If you are over here, I hope you get back home safely. And to all of those who've served before me, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VetsDay.jpg (86.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg VetsDay-me.jpg (50.5 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by jpmck03; 11-12-2010 at 10:43 AM.
jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
THANK YOU for doing what you do <3

Sending much love, happy vibes and well wishes for a safe return home your way :) ...and to the way of everyone else over there fighting for our daily comforts, of course!
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I spent Veteran's Day over there at FOB Sharana last year. Keep your head down, eyes up, and always remember...you will come back.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
teeny

Drives: Toyota Yaris T-Sport
Sending my best wishes! Going up to lay a wreath for my boyfriends cousin on Rememberance Sunday.

Truly are heroes
teeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
THANK YOU for doing what you do <3

Sending much love, happy vibes and well wishes for a safe return home your way :) ...and to the way of everyone else over there fighting for our daily comforts, of course!
+1

Take care, OP. Be safe and be back soon!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I was lucky enough to not get deployed any where so i really don't consider my self a vet.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Hm. No such thing as a happy Vets Day; it is the saddest day of the year IMHO. I remember my Uncles and friends who were haunted by the memories until their death. Sad indeed.

This is a day to remember, not to shop, not to get things done on a day off, not to celebrate, but to remember.

I concur with everyone's wishes for your safety, and hope you return with few ill effects. Combat is never a pleasant experience...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
thanks man...for you and for what you said. i've been there and i hope you make it out unscathed like i did.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
I second all the thanks to our military members, past and present. But not just our military members, but also our civilians that are "serving" overseas right now, in support jobs to our military members, such as my fiance who is currently in Iraq.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Hm. No such thing as a happy Vets Day; it is the saddest day of the year IMHO. I remember my Uncles and friends who were haunted by the memories until their death. Sad indeed.

This is a day to remember, not to shop, not to get things done on a day off, not to celebrate, but to remember.

I concur with everyone's wishes for your safety, and hope you return with few ill effects. Combat is never a pleasant experience...
I couldn't agree with you more, and I spent a long time trying to word my OP. It's really an odd thing that people say "Happy Veterans Day," when in reality it's nothing to get happy about. And it's definitely not a day for shopping and sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
I was lucky enough to not get deployed any where so i really don't consider my self a vet.
You might not be a combat vet, but you still are a veteran. Period.

Thanks for serving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
I spent Veteran's Day over there at FOB Sharana last year. Keep your head down, eyes up, and always remember...you will come back.
I spent this one at BAF and spent one two years ago in Speicher in Iraq. Both suck, and I can't wait to get outta here. Hopefully your trip to Sharana is your last.

To everybody else that I didn't mention:

Thank you.

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote