Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #19
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
just called up my dealer. they said they couldnt do it because of liability issues. does it say its an option in the manual?
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #20
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

well i met up with a buddy who works at the toyota in or around birmingham, al when i went down there. he said they CAN turn it off and have before. he also said they can adjust when the vvti kicks in as well. i thought that was interesting.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #21
Hank Corbett

Drives: 2008 3Door HB White
choices

If I choose to disable my seat belt alarm, that should be my choice. I am a grown man and do not need an annoying reminder to fasten my seat belt. That is the problem with the auto industry; too many federal regulations that force them to put insane "safety" devices on American cars. Surely there is a simple solution to silencing this horrible beeping alarm. I should not have to dismantle my car and drill holes for a switch and cut wires to bypass the damn thing. The web is a vast knowledge universe.....isn't there someone out there who can chime in and offer the simple solution? When I drive around my acreage, I do not wear my seat belt, as I do not drive fast. I always wear it when on public roads. I should have the ability to turn off the beeper, permanently if desired.
Hank Corbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #22
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I finally got rid of the beeping! My solution: Go to another dealership. First they were reluctant, but then I showed them a printed sheet of page 11 of the Meters section of the manual, and they finally accepted.

Looks like they don't have the code in their own manuals, but they tried it out and it worked. So my advice is to just tell them to try it out for themselves and see.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #23
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
I finally got rid of the beeping! My solution: Go to another dealership. First they were reluctant, but then I showed them a printed sheet of page 11 of the Meters section of the manual, and they finally accepted.

Looks like they don't have the code in their own manuals, but they tried it out and it worked. So my advice is to just tell them to try it out for themselves and see.
Great job! Armed with the proper information and a take no for an answer attitude a person can get the dealer to turn off the *&##@! alarm.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #24
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
Since so many people tend not to put on their seat belts, they need buzzers and beeps. I put it on right away and the beep stops. Just buckle up immediately.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #25
Madison_nj85

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door Liftback
I need 2 get my dealership 2 get my baby 2 stop buzzing 2!!!!!!
Madison_nj85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:24 AM   #26
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

finally. the dealer turned it off! :)
Old 12-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #27
Madison_nj85

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door Liftback
Mikenacarato, did they give u a hard time? I want them 2 do it 4 mine!! I hate that bell!!!
Madison_nj85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #28
enobmort42
First time DIYer

Drives: '07 LB Polar White
Send a message via AIM to enobmort42
I drive way too much and just throw my things in the passenger's seat. I've always wanted to know if there was a way to disable the seat belt beeping! Once I get my car back, I'll be sure to have the dealer plug 'er in. Good to know it's possible! Thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #29
billk

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
I just cant believe how some Dealers treat their customers. Some bend over backwards, others are the horses behind. I have a toyotas dealer 2 miles from my house, they are the horses behind, so I drive 45 minutes to the one I have been with for 20 years, and 5 vehicles.
If the service guy says no, tell him you want to talk to the service manager, if this fails, go above him to the general manager. It is a silly little buzzer, that annoys me to no end. I pull into my street, or into a parking lot, and off goes the belt. I want silence when I do this. My dealer did it, no hassle.
If All I do in life is pop my belt loose, then thats my crime, and I can do the time.
So go to the dealer, be nice, smile and say who is above you untill you reach the owner, or it is done.
b K
billk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #30
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Great Job Billk! If a dealer wants a long term relationship they should do this one simple thing.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #31
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
If they give you a hard time at the dealer tell them if they dont you'll call coporate or regional and report them.
coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #32
johnyb

Drives: yaris 2008
stop the buzzer and lights of your seatbelt yaris 2008

i'm not so good in english so excuse me.what i did is just take out the sensor in the seatbelt lock near your seat.it uses a magneet to activate.so i just put a peace of magneet(the ones you get at a audio speaker)tape it on and viola,no beep and no lights any more.just make sure you put it at the right site,magneets has a site without the power.hope this will help you out.
johnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #33
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
I had to re-adjust my passenger seat mod today, got rid of the buzzer again. thing is so annoying when I have stuff in the passenger seat...
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #34
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyb View Post
i'm not so good in english so excuse me.what i did is just take out the sensor in the seatbelt lock near your seat.it uses a magneet to activate.so i just put a peace of magneet(the ones you get at a audio speaker)tape it on and viola,no beep and no lights any more.just make sure you put it at the right site,magneets has a site without the power.hope this will help you out.
Sounds interesting... Although you need to be careful if that mod also disables the airbags!
Welcome to YW!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #35
johnyb

tk-421
the mod is not going to effect the airbag,it only telling the sensor that the seatbelt is fasten.while it is not.airbag's on off notification for passenger work normal.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #36
johnyb

and thanks for the welcome