Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #11
Racheal

Drives: '07 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Racheal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutatio View Post
i agree. i've driven in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Northwest New York (Lake Effect Snow!). in the winter in particular i've always driven with the external air
on to avoid the fogging. it's recycled 2x, once when u breathe it and then when your car runs it through again. u know how u can blow on glass and create a moment of fog? that's what you're breathing into the re-circulated air. if your heater can't effectively heat outside air, u have a problem with Toyota imo.

every car i've driven requires that u keep the defrost on in colder climates.

every car i've ever driven (without heated mirrors) requires that i scrape the frost off of the mirrors if i expect to use them in a cold climate. even then there have been situations in which the ice/snow is thick enough where the the heated mirror melts the ice making contact with the mirror and the shell of ice is still blocking the view of the mirror.

Arkansas! Just "north" enough to throw you southern drivers off when the cold comes! ;) I've got in-laws in Oklahoma and Arkansas and just came back from the holidays over there.

edit: just read the whole thread, sorry to be redundant! :D
no, thanks for your post! i have only ever driven one car before so everything i know is based on what it would do. my inside/outside air knob was broken by my sister YEARS ago so i don't even know if i was getting inside air or not... seriously.

I actually live in the middle of arkansas which is even worse than northern arkansas b/c northern arkansas, every now and then, gets cold weather and sometimes.. yes.. even snow!!!!!!
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote