Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #37
ekiM_
www.viosclubphil.com

Drives: Toyota Vios 1.3E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
Just throw a bandaid on it.

and wait for it to heal huh?

to the thread starter, good thing nobody got seriously injured. sorry about your car though, and the rims.. ouch! hope you get it fixed soon..
ekiM_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #38
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
damn... the nice looking yaris got pwnd....
At least no one got hurt... hope the insurance fixes up everything...

Were all your mods under insurance, or you have to shell out the cash from your pocket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #39
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Wow that bike sure did a number. Always sucks to see a Yaris have a run-in, especially a nicely modded-out one. Hope you get it fixed soon, and it's always great to know everyone's okay

What did the bike look like if you don't mind me asking?

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #40
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Sorry to hear this but my experience on Monday was a bad one as well....

Well....here is my embarrassing moment of the year. I get the week between Xmas and New Year's off from work as the plant shuts down. Now....one day the temps rose quite nicely so I threw another coat of sealant on the car. The car looked really, really nice and SUPER clean. So....I really didn't drive it all week. I came outside Monday to get into the car and the whol entire driveway was a sheet of ice....I am not exagerating. When I got near the car to get inside, I slipped and fell on my @$$. Now...this is pretty funny for all of you reading....I must admit and actually, even I can laugh at myself BUT the twist to this is that it wasn't just a slip and fall so that my pride was hurt. This fall happened as I was about to get into my car sooooo.....yes, there goes my knee BAM, a perfect 90 degree smack into the rear panel and as I was going down, my wrist/hand also hit a bit higher up on the panel. NOT GOOD!!! I was extremely pissed off because the panel was dinged in two places! I now have to bring the car to the dealership to have the dent magician remove the carnage. Not good at all.....

That's a riot (in a painful way) - I washed mine on the same day and glazed my driveway as well. While washing mine I found out why the rear wiper doesn't pull off the window.

I snipped the tab to allow mine to fully pull off and it makes washing a lot easier. I was washing the rear left bumper and as I came around the back I stood up and took the corner of the wiper square in the eye. I still have a black eye from it and I am dang lucky I didn't poke my eye out. From now on safety glasses are standard equipment during washes...
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #41
YarisFan007

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris HB
Whoa! I'm so sorry to see that happened to your sweet Yaris, Etimago. Glad to see that you're still alive though : )
YarisFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #42
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
If it's any consolation, my car looked way worse than that and came back like new after not too long. Cheer up, buddy!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:41 AM   #43
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
The important question is did bambo survive the accident? Nah, seriously glad everyone could walk away from it. Perfect excuse for some new rims Thomas.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #44
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Thomas... very sorry to hear about your accident. I'm really glad that everyone was more-or-less ok though! To one of the best red Yarises out there, here's hoping for a speedy recovery!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #45
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
That's a riot (in a painful way) - I washed mine on the same day and glazed my driveway as well. While washing mine I found out why the rear wiper doesn't pull off the window.

I snipped the tab to allow mine to fully pull off and it makes washing a lot easier. I was washing the rear left bumper and as I came around the back I stood up and took the corner of the wiper square in the eye. I still have a black eye from it and I am dang lucky I didn't poke my eye out. From now on safety glasses are standard equipment during washes...
DOH! Holy $hit that sucks too (and if funny in a painful way)! Man....

I am going to start a separate thread for the work done by dent magician so as to not hijack Thomas' thread here. I have been thinking about trimming the rear wiper cap but after hearing this story...maybe I'll leave it alone because I get into a zone when washing the car and I'd be a PERFECT candidate for poking my eye out when washing the car. Glad you weren't seriously hurt....
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #46
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Try watching for those tiny-ass-bike-and-pedestrian-bastards while taking a corner in a bus.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #47
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Very sorry to hear your accident Thomas.
Your ride is the inspiration for many people in the early age of yarisworld.
Hopefully your car can be recovered very soon.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #48
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Thanks for the kind words everyone... Tow truck came to pick the car up this morning, rough estimate is 2 weeks til I get it back.. But, they're also gonna fix up the other dings and scratches I got over time, pretty much gonna repaint the whole car then

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #49
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
pretty much gonna repaint the whole car then
Hot pink FTW!
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #50
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
I see running wild on the streets of Bangkok has its consequences Etimago. Thanks though to lifting me to the top of Absolute Red virginal unwrecked liftbacks on YW however.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #51
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
If you're gonna get the whole car painted, might as well change colors!
(Not that I have anything against the red... Might be fun though)
Old 01-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #52
kou

Drives: 08 lb
sorry to here about your car,glad everyone is ok. can someone photoshop this for me.
Attached Images

kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #53
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
I see running wild on the streets of Bangkok has its consequences Etimago. Thanks though to lifting me to the top of Absolute Red virginal unwrecked liftbacks on YW however.
Just wait till you blind someone with all that bling and they run into you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
If you're gonna get the whole car painted, might as well change colors!
(Not that I have anything against the red... Might be fun though)
Tempting tempting, but don't really have the extra funds for it bright orange would be awesome though

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
sorry to here about your car,glad everyone is ok. can someone photoshop this for me.
hehehhe classic in the making

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #54
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
I *just* saw this...don't know how I've missed it. Sorry about the accident....and glad you and the bikers are ok. What about legal problems? You eluded to something about being a foreigner and getting into trouble. Is that all ok?

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote