Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Mud Guards!

...why did I wait so long to get 'em?
Attached Images

ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
dmfang

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
ha ha - i felt the same way after i put mine on. Looks great!
dmfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
403RS
#yyc

Drives: BSP '07 RS 5dr LB
Nice! OEM?

I cheaped out and bought a $10 set of universals.
403RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfang View Post
ha ha - i felt the same way after i put mine on. Looks great!
thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 403RS View Post
Nice! OEM?

I cheaped out and bought a $10 set of universals.
yeah, i could have gotten them for about $20 bucks less from ebay but figured eff it n just shell'd out n got them from toyota...
Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
Nice!

Should help keep the paint much more clean.

I think Weathertech now makes a mudguard, but I don't think they are available for the Yaris yet.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
ciscobear

Drives: Toyota Belta
next up SPRINGS :D Car looks nice though.
ciscobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
SailDesign

Drives: .
Looking good - I had those on my old red 07, but haven't sprung for them on the 09 yet. Soon.....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Nice! I put mudguards on my car soon after buying it. I think they look good... and only cost $28 from the dealer.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
beebosaur

Drives: 2011 Super White 5 door hatch
niice. planning on getting mine soon and painting them white to match my car. i like your rims too btw. what kind are they?

how much did u get them from toyota for? i see them on ebay for like 50.
beebosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_griffin6 View Post
Nice!

Should help keep the paint much more clean.

I think Weathertech now makes a mudguard, but I don't think they are available for the Yaris yet.
i hope it does but, in all honesty i did it strictly for looks lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscobear View Post
next up SPRINGS :D Car looks nice though.
i know, right lol...i've been considering stance since i got it but, it's a daily driver so i'm not sure i want to deal with all that comes with riding low...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Looking good - I had those on my old red 07, but haven't sprung for them on the 09 yet. Soon.....
thx yeah, after installing them i wish'd i'd done it sooner...i really like them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Nice! I put mudguards on my car soon after buying it. I think they look good... and only cost $28 from the dealer.
that's a killer price!...i got mine from toyota of orange for $52 and that was with a 15% discount...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebosaur View Post
niice. planning on getting mine soon and painting them white to match my car. i like your rims too btw. what kind are they?

thx...the rims are bsa motorsport...they originally came grey but, i had them media blasted, painted black and then hit with this stuff called nanotech...it's some next level alien technology stuff that sprays on like clear coat but, sticks to anything, has a porous rating of 0, when fully cured is just below diamond on the hardness scale and is completely eco friendly...it was developed by some scientist dudes at m.i.t. for the medical industry (spraying on titanium rods that go into people) but, they're starting to contract it out for other things now...cities are spraying their trucks/billboards with it because since it has no pores, nothing sticks to it so tagging just wipes off of with a little soy based cleaning solvent...nothing will stick to it and it's shiny & hard as all hell...u could spray it on a brick wall n wipe tagging off of it...i never get water spots on my rims because of it and they always look brilliant...i even had the shop buff my headlights and then hit them with it so they'll never fade or turn yellow...my body shop owner buddy sprays it on the front of cars n rv's like a clear bra so they never get road nicks...he even sprayed his stainless kitchen sink with it LOL...the stuff is so sick...has like a 10 year guarantee and they're seeing it go longer in time lapse testing the owner of the body shop i go to just happens to know the guy that is distributing it for the m.i.t. scientist guys so, that's how i was able to get it...i don't think any other body shops have a contract to spray it

the mud gards were $52 from toyota after a 15% discount...i've seen them on ebay for $30 but, i just didn't trust it...
Old 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
beebosaur

Drives: 2011 Super White 5 door hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
thx...the rims are bsa motorsport...they originally came grey but, i had them media blasted, painted black and then hit with this stuff called nanotech...it's some next level alien technology stuff that sprays on like clear coat but, sticks to anything, has a porous rating of 0, when fully cured is just below diamond on the hardness scale and is completely eco friendly...it was developed by some scientist dudes at m.i.t. for the medical industry (spraying on titanium rods that go into people) but, they're starting to contract it out for other things now...cities are spraying their trucks/billboards with it because since it has no pores, nothing sticks to it so tagging just wipes off of with a little soy based cleaning solvent...nothing will stick to it and it's shiny & hard as all hell...u could spray it on a brick wall n wipe tagging off of it...i never get water spots on my rims because of it and they always look brilliant...i even had the shop buff my headlights and then hit them with it so they'll never fade or turn yellow...my body shop owner buddy sprays it on the front of cars n rv's like a clear bra so they never get road nicks...he even sprayed his stainless kitchen sink with it LOL...the stuff is so sick...has like a 10 year guarantee and they're seeing it go longer in time lapse testing the owner of the body shop i go to just happens to know the guy that is distributing it for the m.i.t. scientist guys so, that's how i was able to get it...i don't think any other body shops have a contract to spray it

the mud gards were $52 from toyota after a 15% discount...i've seen them on ebay for $30 but, i just didn't trust it...

danng.. that sounds awesome! and you're in anaheim? where is this place? i'm just in fullerton =]
beebosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
ern-diz

Quote:
danng.. that sounds awesome! and you're in anaheim? where is this place? i'm just in fullerton =]
Century Collision Center in Orange is the shop (centurycollisioncenter.com)...Cesar is the owner n the guy you'd want to talk to about it...he knows me by my real name which is Ernie...they're about as good as any other paint/body shop around (although the facility is pretty big) but, i was def impressed with the nanotech...
Old 10-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #13
hwnstyle21

Drives: White Hatch
Quote:

I don't know how much shipping costs but here's an option for the online shopper TRDSparks
hwnstyle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #14
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwnstyle21 View Post
I don't know how much shipping costs but here's an option for the online shopper TRDSparks
That's a proper price too...
Old 10-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #15
Hamster

Drives: 2009 5-Door Liftback
Quote:
You have been warned: Don't bother wasting you money getting them painted (professionally). I mean, if you're going to spray-can it yourself, great, but don't pay anyone to paint your mudguards. When I brought my car in to be re-sprayed after it was keyed, I asked the body shop if they could paint the mudguards to match the color of the car, and I would pay them whatever they wanted. The owner flat out refused to do it, saying that because of the type of plastic that these mudguards are made of, they just cannot be painted. He said that the paint would most certainly peel off in a couple years. That's too bad, since I think that the black mudguards contrast too strongly on my meteorite metallic Yaris.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #16
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
The owner flat out refused to do it, saying that because of the type of plastic that these mudguards are made of, they just cannot be painted. He said that the paint would most certainly peel off in a couple years. That's too bad, since I think that the black mudguards contrast too strongly on my meteorite metallic Yaris.
I'd imagine that automotive paint isn't meant to adhere to ABS plastic, and the flex/thermal expansion would cause it to crack/flake pretty quickly. You could always try a can of Krylon plastic spray paint, or even some vinyl dye (interior upholstery) in a can from an auto parts store.

E.g. http://www.tcpglobal.com/spraypaintd...nyl-paint.aspx
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #17
Hamster

Drives: 2009 5-Door Liftback
Wow, thank you so much for your tips, and for the link! Looks like it is possible to get the mudguards painted (as a DIY project, anyway).
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote