Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-23-2011, 05:37 AM   #1
escotric

Drives: Toyota Yaris
New phone (game changer)

Some chump was selling a Verizon Iphone 4 for 180 bucks that is "mint conditon" so I figured why not. Met the guy at the Verizon store and settled the transation. Charger cable and iphone no scratches with screen protector and case. It activated nicely. Not too shabby.

I've been a PC guy since day one with Windows 95. Running a 10 year old thinkpad and semi gaming rig 8mb cache. Now i'm officially migrating to apple hardware. Major major major kudos to the engineering for their stuff. Operating system is flawless. Only downside is 16gb of storage. Other than that, UI and accessibility is perfect.

It's always rare to find a fast seller.
escotric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
p123456789

Drives: 07 lb jeep tj
Are you sure that thing wasnt stolen lol, I switched over to apple products about a year ago and haven't looked back I was so unhappy with vista that I chose to get an imac (which is the most reliable computer I have ever owned). I've got an iphone 4 as well and it amazes me how long the battery lasts I can listen to pandora all day long check email, facebook and send a bunch of texts and still have 75% left. Every single apple product I have ever bought still works so its worth the extra cost.
p123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Vista was a mistake . That's why a lot of people are still with xp ....10 years later !!! But win 7 is a much smoother OS . That said , IMO , Apple remains unbearable for certain things (user interface, etc.)

grrr... I meant unbeatable, not unbearable. (auto correct)

Last edited by tomato; 06-24-2011 at 12:52 AM.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Maybe I'm just old school but, I still can not understand how an Iphone can take the place of a PC.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
It doesn't exactly but a smartphone can do just about everything a PC does, and it's truly portable.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
It doesn't exactly but a smartphone can do just about everything a PC does, and it's truly portable.
Hmmm... I can't seem to get my smart phone to read in the 200Mb design files for my boats. Let alone create them on there.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
p123456789

Drives: 07 lb jeep tj
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Vista was a mistake . That's why a lot of people are still with xp ....10 years later !!! But win 7 is a much smoother OS . That said , IMO , Apple remains unbearable for certain things (user interface, etc.)

grrr... I meant unbeatable, not unbearable. (auto correct)
I know and every other microsoft os is a mistake, it kinda seems like they plan it that way.
p123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote