Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Plastic Pedals? WTF!

So I asked the guys at the shop to add all of the nice Thai accessories that I bought from eTiMaGo, and they all fit perfectly, except for the mirror covers and one the aluminum pedals. I asked them to use Violin's technique for the covers, so that part was solved (thanks Violin! ).

As far as the pedals, however, it seems to be a lot more difficult to solve. Why? Well, apparently my 3 pedals are made of one solid piece of plastic! There were no problems when installing the clutch and brake replacement pedals, since they are just snap-ons. The accelerator pedal is a different story, however. There's a few steps required for swapping it out, as evidenced by these instructions: Toyota Europe alloy pedal replacement instructions (PDF Document)

Having plastic pedals makes me feel like I'm riding one of those Power Wheels toys from when I was a kid (remember those? I used to take my firetruck for a spin every now and then). This has officially become my #1 complaint about this car, and I want to fix it ASAP. Especially now that I have two nice looking pedals and one that looks a bit like .

Some questions I'd like your opinions on:
  1. What would be the best approach to take here? Should I go aftermarket or go OEM? I heard from a Toyota source that the OEM stuff will probably cost a lot
  2. Does anyone have the part numbers for the three pedals? Please remember I'm talking about the whole pedal arm, and not just the base
  3. Does anyone else have plastic pedals in their cars? I'm thinking this only happens if you get the Core version
Thanks fellas!

Last edited by tk-421; 08-27-2007 at 02:33 AM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
yup yup my gas pedal has a plastic arm and pedal also
Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
no it's plastic and you just cover it up with rubber and aluminum
Old 08-26-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
yup yup my gas pedal has a plastic arm and pedal also
Did you get the Core (barebone) package? Can't see it specified in your garage.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:14 AM   #5
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
I changed them, the plastic ones suck!
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote