Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #55
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Every year I kill 3 deer and 3 wild boars so that my Granny doesn't have to spend $ on food . She spend her cash on beer and gambling . Just what 98 yo are supposed to do .

So guns can be used for more than protection

A good day for granny is sitting on the front porch drinkin 7 oz miller beer bottles ( 12 oz gets warm too fast , according to granny ) listening to blues on satellite radio , while watching the grandson drag her deer out of the swamp .
Old 05-29-2007, 06:51 PM   #56
MudBug

Drives: 07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Personally i dont see the need for over the top long-range automatic rifles when a 2 - 3 laser sight assisted hollow points will do what i need (if I ever need it). Im not aiming at a bad guy 100 yards away.

Whats the interest in these weapons anyway? Shredding targets? Mowing down protesters at a Chinese democracy rally? Could someone enlighten me?

Also im still clueless as to why a less than year old infant NEEDS to know how to fire a gun which is the topic of this thread.

Well the biggest reason is that they are protected by the 2nd Ammendment which has very little to do with hunting oe even personal protection and is almost all about military grade small arms.

If you want me to expand on that I'll break out my soapbox.

As for the other uses well I'll have to get back to you on this, I don't have time right now for the amount of typing and documentation this subject will take.

but here some pics that will give you an idea of the kind of shooting competition I enjoy.

Link to pics
Old 05-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #57
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Real hunters use bows!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #58
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Nugent
Old 05-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #59
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama View Post
Actually, most technological and scientific advancements are made during times of war. Government and military pressure on the need for better weapons during international conflict have been directly related to the far greater majority of scientific advancements that we now enjoy in our day-to-day lives.
My point exactly.

Those breakthroughs are held tightly under wraps, used for destruction... and eventually work their way into everyday lives - but thats just a sideshow.

I'd like to see all that military forced transformed into something that will help everyone... instead of killing folks better :)
Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 PM   #60
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman View Post
My point exactly.

Those breakthroughs are held tightly under wraps, used for destruction... and eventually work their way into everyday lives - but thats just a sideshow.

I'd like to see all that military forced transformed into something that will help everyone... instead of killing folks better :)
If you think you can do it better why don't you join? It's very easy to sit behind a computer and say what the military should do. The day you contribute to the cause then I'll take your comment seriously.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #61
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

I say we pull are troops and Nuke the shit out of the Holy Land. Might as well go ahead and Nuke China too. Then we can get Nuclear energy going again and solve our domestic problems and get our factories running again and vacation down in Cuba. That is after a hostile takover of course. We can turn what's left of those places into giant versions of Disneyland and use the ruins for movie sets for remakes of Planet of the Apes and stuff like that. Cool.

Etimago please lock this thread

Old 05-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #62
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamilR View Post
If you think you can do it better why don't you join? It's very easy to sit behind a computer and say what the military should do. The day you contribute to the cause then I'll take your comment seriously.
I think the point was not how to do better what the military does, but to remove the military and concentrate that energy and effort into helping people, not killing them.
I think James Taylor had it right - "You just can't kill for Jesus".
Think about it.....
Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #63
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

I prefer Circle Jerks----> "Killing for Jesus"
Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #64
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
I prefer Circle Jerks----> "Killing for Jesus"
Why am I not surprised?...
Old 08-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #65
punkasspiratz

Drives: Gerbil
REALLY ONLY IN AMERICA...

I'm sure Jesus would be proud.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 AM   #66
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
((passing around the Chill Pills))
Old 08-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #67
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Threaddredge.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #68
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
This thread is about as stupid as the one about "did some wicked drugs last night"

This isn't what Yarisworld is all about... or at least shouldn't be anyway.

Somebody needs to yank this one and a few others as well.
Closed Thread