Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
These Foolish Things

Two more gripes about the Yaris. Re: the little coin holders. WHY are there just three of them when there are FOUR denominations of coins? Assuming that the reason they're divided is so you can separate quarters from nickles from pennies from dimes, that is. And I had my groceries on the passenger side seat yesterday (having learned the hard way NOT to put my credit card there) when the airbag/seatbelt alarm started beeping at me; I finally had to put the seatbelt OVER my groceries to keep the car quiet. Gripes continue.

otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
For the coins, this car is not sold only in the US, I believe it's the same coinholder setup everywhere... Over here we do have several different kinds of coins, but only 2 of them are ever really useful when it comes to paying for tolls, so why have that one extra holder?

And I agree, seatbelt reminders are annoying, glad I don't have that anymore. But unfortunately a lot of people don't like to wear seatbelts so they need to have that reminder drilled in their heads (or else, it'll be the steering column in there...) And you'll find this "feature" on pretty much any modern car now...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
DFA
Compulsive Washer

Drives: 08' AT Meteorite Metallic LB
Send a message via MSN to DFA
Yeah, seatbelt alarm is REALLY annoying on my dad's corolla. Thank god my Yaris didn't come with those.

As for the coins, I don't know if you have to pay tax with highway tolls in the US, but we also have US dollars here and the only coins really useful for paying tolls are nickels, dimes and quarters (and some bigass $0.50 panamanian coins, but it's really rare to have one end up in your pocket)

DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
I hate the beep. I always put on my seatbelt so i dont hear it... but... When i get passengers and they dont put on their seatbelt its annoying -.-..... I kinda want my passengers to put their seatbelt on tho.. sometimes i take "over moderate sharp" turns ;D and i dont want them flying around so im like ITS BEEPING PUT IT ON

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
who keeps pennies these days?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Not all countries have 4 coin denominations. Also, the car beep can be eliminated by a code scanner at the dealership.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
I don't mind the carseat beep for passengers; it's the law here that they MUST use a belt. My groceries, however fragile, don't need a seatbelt.

That explains it (coin denominations in country of origin), but still just one more illogical detail that grates on me. This car won't go the whole way with me, I'm seeing already... There's a resale in my future, I can tell, LOL...

I keep pennies; I am thrifty and frugal. And it's why I opted for this Yaris.

otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Do it, do it now!

KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
And it's why I opted for this Yaris.

then quit your bitchin about stupid silly things that you can't change and enjoy your purchase....
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Two more gripes about the Yaris. Re: the little coin holders. WHY are there just three of them when there are FOUR denominations of coins? Assuming that the reason they're divided is so you can separate quarters from nickles from pennies from dimes, that is. And I had my groceries on the passenger side seat yesterday (having learned the hard way NOT to put my credit card there) when the airbag/seatbelt alarm started beeping at me; I finally had to put the seatbelt OVER my groceries to keep the car quiet. Gripes continue.

Or you should have got the Sedan which doesnt have the coin holders and then you wouldnt have that feature to complain about.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
just don't put ur groceries in the passenger seat... after all they aren't passengers. and as for the coin problem... i only know of 3 coins: nickels, dimes, quarters... i throw those bronze colored things away... i sure wish the government would too.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
ill take everyones pennies... :)
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
Yeah.... Put your groceries in our Dimension of unforseen ending trunk that will take all ur groceries without a problem? like its made for?

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:25 AM   #14
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
I just put my oil drain plug washers in the coin holders. Prevents me from loosing them in the tool box abyss.

BTW, I can fit $200 worth of groceries plus a 100lb bag of dog food into the trunk!
texkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 AM   #15
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:

Everything you complained about is the case with every car (although coin holders are always different-and many cars don't have them at all).

If you want a perfect car, get a $110,000 Lexus LS600hL for god sakes.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #16
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
who keeps pennies these days?
lol that was my first thought too. I don't even keep more than a few nickels and dimes in there either. The rest are quarters.

If this is such a big deal to you all, just keep your coins in your pocket

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #17
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
If you do not usually have passengers and like to put things on the passenger front seat, permanently keep the passenger seat belt buckled..then the only beeping will be the drivers, until he/she buckles up.
Enjoy the Yaris for a good economical car that it is.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #18
Havana

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3 door M/T
I don't normally put anything in the seats because nothing tends to stay there while driving. One reason I like a hatchback is the ease of loading and unloading stuff like grocercies.

I really like the coin holder. My Civic HB just had a coin pocket where all the coins mixed together. At least, now I can scare other drivers by methodically arranging my coins while waiting at red lights. As for pennies, I just drop them on the floor to help lower the center of gravity and improve handling.
Havana is offline   Reply With Quote