Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #19
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
actually he told me the car would be here in 2 weeks, latest 3 weeks, my only problem was i didn't get it in writing. i know the more custom the car, the harder it is to find but really, i got the exact same car in the folder. the front page car, the car on the website..... they should have tones of these cars around. and i figured the paint thing was bullshit. and today is tuesday 9am and he still hasn't called me back. i realize the car taking forever no one can help, he wants to get his money jsut as bad, but whats pissing me off is the fact i have not gotten contacted back and he told me it would be here in 3 weeks, i'm jsut about going on a month, i am taking the bus with all my school stuff and work stuff. and the gas i'm spending on my moms car to pick her up, drop her off go to work, back pick her up is stupid. fuck, i would have been better off with a honda or even GM. i am really so close to saying fuck the rs, cancelling my order and getting a normal 4 door or 2 door hatch. fuck it, even the sedan.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #20
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
if you order something that has to come from japan, youll have to wait....

they didnt have any other car in ontario that you wanted?

forget the undercoating, fabric protector, etc. though, keep in mind, the oem paint on the exterior of the car is junk....its a toyota thing. get the car oil sprayed annually for $100 and youll be rust free.

timelines are just fake ideas to keep you happy....or not, lol. sounds like unless you want to go to another dealership *cough*bramalea*cough* to get some help, you might just have to suck it up and wait. i do understand youre 18 and its your first car, but you'll have to have some patience....itll come. id have thought it'd take closer to 6 weeks to get a car from japan...
Old 12-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #21
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Have you ever gone into a restaurant with a long line waiting at dinnertime, asked how long the wait is, and gotten a different answer than "About 20 minutes?"
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #22
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
Have you ever gone into a restaurant with a long line waiting at dinnertime, asked how long the wait is, and gotten a different answer than "About 20 minutes?"

Yes.
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #23
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
yes, sometimes they tell you "about 45 minutes" when the line wraps around the block

But a hairdresser always say "20 minutes" of course, what they really mean is an hour and a half!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #24
OscarBrown
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
actually he told me the car would be here in 2 weeks, latest 3 weeks, my only problem was i didn't get it in writing. i know the more custom the car, the harder it is to find but really, i got the exact same car in the folder. the front page car, the car on the website..... they should have tones of these cars around. and i figured the paint thing was bullshit. and today is tuesday 9am and he still hasn't called me back. i realize the car taking forever no one can help, he wants to get his money jsut as bad, but whats pissing me off is the fact i have not gotten contacted back and he told me it would be here in 3 weeks, i'm jsut about going on a month, i am taking the bus with all my school stuff and work stuff. and the gas i'm spending on my moms car to pick her up, drop her off go to work, back pick her up is stupid. fuck, i would have been better off with a honda or even GM. i am really so close to saying fuck the rs, cancelling my order and getting a normal 4 door or 2 door hatch. fuck it, even the sedan.
You've managed to live 18 years without a car and you're complaining about it now? Sounds like someone is a little impatient, maybe a little spoiled too A brand new car at 18 AND you get to pick too? Maybe just be happy for what you're getting and sit tight for a few more weeks.

...or go get that GM, because you'd be better off.
OscarBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #25
lowsushi
Akiba Otaku

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5dr
Send a message via AIM to lowsushi Send a message via Yahoo to lowsushi
Hearing this story I hope I fair better. I am waiting on my co-signer to get back from vacation before I order my Yaris. I dont want much just a White 5 door with power package. But of the 5 lots I have contacted or visited only 1 lot had 1 car, a black 5 door. And I am in Southern California. you would think that they would have a little better selection than 1 car out of 5 lots.

Has anyone else in SoCal had problems getting the car they wanted on the lot? Or know of a good dealer to try?
lowsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #26
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Have you gone up to the dealer yet?
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #27
yaris2010RS

spoiled? i worked my but off to pay for school and my car. i have waited 18 years for my first car, i saved up, i picked it and now i'm waiting. this sucks. i'm taking the bus and i own a car on paper. lol, it makes me feel stupid. he told me when it would be here and i planned my life around it. i got an extra job to help pay for it, i cant go to work cuz i dont have my car i need to work to pay for.... and it hasn't snowed yet either (snow truck driver for city of mississauga) but if it does, i'm fucked. it has been a week since i last called the sales rep and he still hasn't returned my call. its the integerity issue thats really pissing me off, i know he cant make the car come faster no matter how much i bitch but he could treat me right you know. i'm an 18 year old punk who will get his car when he does. i could have gotten the car $100 cheaper but its attrell toyota, my mom has gotten all her cars (2 toyotas in her entire life) from there and they have treated her right. its a family buisness, they take care of us. not this time. i was also really pissed the other night i was gonna leave him another message but i had to type in the last name of the sales rep, i have a blackberry with qwerty keyboard, the phone system does not recongnize qwerty, lol, its going from bad to worse with this. lol. and for the recod, its been just shy of 2 months and he still hasn't called with the vin number so i can get insurance ready. i jsut find at least on this fourm i can complain and get over it a little more, i want my car!! lol, i love to drive and i have worked so hard for this. and also, he hasn't actualy told me where it is coming from. he said all yaris's are made in japan but i have no idea if there is a lot up north with tons of them. its taken this long so i assume is coming from japan. does anyone know if there is any way to get a right hand drive yaris in canada? or how difficult it would be to move the steeringwheel over? i figure they saved moeny and time by putting the dials in a nutral area, what else is already set up? this is the other problem, with all this time owning a car but not having it, i am thinking of stupid little things to do to it, lol
Old 12-05-2009, 04:12 AM   #28
r3b3l

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3dr liftback
When I moved back to Mississippi from Hawaii, it took them 5 weeks to ship it. Fuckers stole my amp too, but I got their insurance to cover it, got paid twice what I bought it for. I ordered my 2010 yaris from a local dealer and was driving it the next day but they only had to bring it in from another state. Personally I would be raising hell.
r3b3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #29
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Quote:
does anyone know if there is any way to get a right hand drive yaris in canada? or how difficult it would be to move the steeringwheel over? i figure they saved moeny and time by putting the dials in a nutral area, what else is already set up?
This is a myth started by some of the car magazine reviewers when they were trashing the Echo about 10 years ago. They couldn't imagine why anyone would put the instruments in the center, ergo it must have been to save money. But none of the dash panels are symmetrical and interchangeable, even the parts supporting the gauges. You'd have to tear out and replace everything.

Personally I like the center gauges, but there are already long threads devoted to that topic.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
i had the same deal with my stealership when i placed the order for my car. it took about 6 weeks to get my 3dr standard with power package. i was originally told they were getting it from another dealer and i would have it in a week... 6 weeks later with a good amount of bitching i had my yaris and they gave me the keyless entry for free. point to the story, hang in there... you might get something out of it. and if you are that impatient, go in there with a friend and threaten to take the deposit back and make sure you get something out of it if you stay with that dealer.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #31
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
mate i live in australia and i was told from order three months is how long it takes them to build it and send it and that is about how long it did take
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #32
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Instead of calling you really need to walk in to the dealership and talk to the sales manager. Shit happens, and dealers can be a pain. If your mother has been happy, bring her too. The more you make them realize what they could lose the better chance of them helping you. With the way the car business is suffering right now anyone with a deposit should be treated like gold.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #33
b_hickman11

Quote:
.... i own a car on paper. lol, it makes me feel stupid. he told me when it would be here and i planned my life around it. i got an extra job to help pay for it, i cant go to work cuz i dont have my car i need to work to pay for.... and it hasn't snowed yet either (snow truck driver for city of mississauga) but if it does, i'm fucked. it has been a week since i last called the sales rep and he still hasn't returned my call. its the integerity issue thats really pissing me off, i know he cant make the car come faster no matter how much i bitch but he could treat me right you know. i'm an 18 year old punk who will get his car when he does. i could have gotten the car $100 cheaper but its attrell toyota, my mom has gotten all her cars (2 toyotas in her entire life) from there and they have treated her right. its a family buisness, they take care of us. not this time. i was also really pissed the other night i was gonna leave him another message but i had to type in the last name of the sales rep, i have a blackberry with qwerty keyboard, the phone system does not recongnize qwerty, lol, its going from bad to worse with this. lol. and for the recod, its been just shy of 2 months and he still hasn't called with the vin number so i can get insurance ready. i jsut find at least on this fourm i can complain and get over it a little more, i want my car!! lol, i love to drive and i have worked so hard for this. and also, he hasn't actualy told me where it is coming from. he said all yaris's are made in japan but i have no idea if there is a lot up north with tons of them. its taken this long so i assume is coming from japan. does anyone know if there is any way to get a right hand drive yaris in canada? or how difficult it would be to move the steeringwheel over? i figure they saved moeny and time by putting the dials in a nutral area, what else is already set up? this is the other problem, with all this time owning a car but not having it, i am thinking of stupid little things to do to it, lol
You actually don't even own the car on paper. The only thing you own is first choice of this Yaris when it comes in from the distributor. So has it been 2 months or 3 weeks? Eariler you had said it had only been 3 weeks and now you said it's been 2 months? Have you called once or multiple times? If I were you I would go back to the dealer and change the order. You were very picky when it came to options and thats why it is taking longer to find.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #34
yaris2010RS

the car i picked was the exact same as the rs on the website. and i walked in there today and i spoke to the guy, his shit was all over the place and accomplished nothing (at 3pm today), jsut now at 7:30 pm he called me, my car is in canada it will be on my driveway by the 20th the latest. to eliminate the confusion also, i oredered the car (signed and put the deposit down) October 17th, its jsut shy of 2 months now. its felt like forever. i had no idea where the car was coming from but he said at the beginning it would have been here 3 weeks, he was hoping for 2. he is gonna clal me with all the vin number stuff tomorrow. i think i'm gonna try to get the rally spoiler out of him for free...what do u think? now my concern is never driving a standard car in winter before, getting my brand new car december 20th, in canada, there is gonna be the biggest snow fall that night, lol, i know it. kinda worried
Old 12-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #35
yaris2010RS

and i found it retarted that the rs model only comes 5 door, i think the 3 door would look so much better with the body kit then the 5door. i was told the only way they could put the body kit on was if i spend an extra 2000 and even that, they could only put on front and back bumper
Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #36
b_hickman11

Quote:
the car i picked was the exact same as the rs on the website. and i walked in there today and i spoke to the guy, his shit was all over the place and accomplished nothing (at 3pm today), jsut now at 7:30 pm he called me, my car is in canada it will be on my driveway by the 20th the latest. to eliminate the confusion also, i oredered the car (signed and put the deposit down) October 17th, its jsut shy of 2 months now. its felt like forever. i had no idea where the car was coming from but he said at the beginning it would have been here 3 weeks, he was hoping for 2. he is gonna clal me with all the vin number stuff tomorrow. i think i'm gonna try to get the rally spoiler out of him for free...what do u think? now my concern is never driving a standard car in winter before, getting my brand new car december 20th, in canada, there is gonna be the biggest snow fall that night, lol, i know it. kinda worried
I ordered my 08 Sedan with just the power package and no other crap and it took 1 month. So 2 months for a car that is basically a special edition isn't that bad.