Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #37
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzzlebutt5 View Post
Here you go. No HID housing... until they become available. Picture taken with iPhone 4 5MP camera from about 10-12 meters out at about chest level (5').

BEFORE:

AFTER:

WIRING:

Not really any brighter but just a different color, 6000k. There's not much glare either. IMO they're about the same.

Thanks.
looks good to me brotha !! you dont have "projectors" in a godly voice lol ??
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #38
skuzzlebutt5

Drives: '12 Yaris SE Classic Silver AT
6000k for me has a little more blue then what i would have liked...
skuzzlebutt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #39
CPALK719

i just installed mine today. 55 watt ballast with 8k bulbs, but due to the ballast being 55 watt instead of the 35 watt, the color will be less blue and more of an oem white color. i'll try and throw some pics up when i get a chance.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #40
Scubaru Steve
Awesome!

Drives: 12 Yaris/07 yaris
50w ballasts are stupid in halogen housings. look at all that glare even with the 35's....
Scubaru Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #41
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
is everything that comes out of your mouth negative???? i have got nothing but compliments about them from alot of people i know. its ashame the yaris aficionados dont like it.....

you know if everyone who mods their cars did the same thing, then what would there be to talk about on a forum?? not only that everyone's car would look exactly the same.
No. What's a shame is somebody who does a halfass job. And then gets pissy when other people point this out to him.

Be that as it may, you have fun throwing your 50W light everywhere BUT directly in front of you, and I'll continue motoring along with my 35W HID projectors that I can guarantee throw more light than yours. Lumens =/= visibility.

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #42
skuzzlebutt5

it just goes back to what cpalk719 was saying... our '12 models are brand new, less then month of ownership and less then 700 miles on em (for me at least)...

do i want to open up the headlight housing and install projectors in it? yes. would i? no.

@ SAV912 - there's plenty of information on how to do that with the second generation yaris but not so much so with the third. if you can provide us with detailed information with pictures and diagrams of how to this with the 3rd gen, please do.

again, i'd like to point out that i was using my iPhone 4 to take those pictures, it's not the best quality camera in low lighting. maybe i should have used the dslr. i'll try again and re-post with better pictures. it looks like the first gen prius hid.

btw - no one has high beamed/honked/dirty bird/arms-in-the-air at me for my lights. the CHP hasn't pulled me over nor has SJPD or SCCSO.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #43
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
@ skuzzlebutt5 - at the meet I'll show you what I did and you can see how my HIDs shine and go forth from there if you want to do the small mod or not :)
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #44
skuzzlebutt5

@ kioshi - any help would be awesome. thanks!

@ all - honestly, people are gonna do what they're gonna do - it is what it is.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #45
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzzlebutt5 View Post
@ SAV912 - there's plenty of information on how to do that with the second generation yaris but not so much so with the third. if you can provide us with detailed information with pictures and diagrams of how to this with the 3rd gen, please do.
A friend of mine up in South Carolina has a '12 base model that he plans on doing up for SCCA and autoX racing. No power anything, basic. We actually had the front end off a few weeks ago to do coilovers (which BTW, haven't changed from 2nd gens) and I took a few mins to look at the lights. The process used to retrofit projectors for the 2nd gen would work just fine for the 3rd gen cars. There's actually less to paint and less pieces overall (there isn't that protective shield over the turn signals anymore)and the headlight isn't as deep, so we will be retrofitting his car after he gets his handling modifications down pat.

@Kioshi - ^ THAT'S what I've provided to 3rd gen owners. They just have to wait I guess, until their cars mature enough to the point they feel okay taking the headlights apart. But you know, keep on funding Publix.

@CPalk - U mad bro? Somebody 'shit' on your thread like you've done to countless others here? I don't give two fucks what you think of my car. It's not a stock '12 so it's already got a head start on yours.

-C [/thread]

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #46
skuzzlebutt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
... so we will be retrofitting his car after he gets his handling modifications down pat.

@ SAV912 - When doing so, please take HD pictures and instructions on each step.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #47
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
wusses... My car barely lasted 2 hours before irreversible modding began :D

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #48
Scubaru Steve
Awesome!

Drives: 12 Yaris/07 yaris
retrofitting is really really easy in these cars. if anyone needs info feel free to pm. all you need is a retrofit kit, Dremel, 3m windshield sealant, small peice of wood and an oven.
I also do a ton of nighttime driving and much of that is in snow, i once had hids in halogen housing and the amount of glare that reflected back from falling snow was terrible and i threw the kit out the day after. I'm waiting for the yaris hsd to be released somewhere in the world so i can just buy the headlight assemblies.

btw this thread is full of WIN!
Scubaru Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #49
skuzzlebutt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaru Steve View Post
retrofitting is really really easy in these cars. if anyone needs info feel free to pm. all you need is a retrofit kit, Dremel, 3m windshield sealant, small peice of wood and an oven.
I also do a ton of nighttime driving and much of that is in snow, i once had hids in halogen housing and the amount of glare that reflected back from falling snow was terrible and i threw the kit out the day after. I'm waiting for the yaris hsd to be released somewhere in the world so i can just buy the headlight assemblies.

btw this thread is full of WIN!
@ Scubaru Steve - Can you send me the detailed instructions and pictures on the step by step process in which you changed your halogen housing to projectors?

OR....

You can make a new thread with that information for everyone that would not only be appreciated by me but also the numerous other members as well.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #50
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Quote:
Might i add, do i see condensation in your headlights? or did you just do a real shitty job on them???
No. No you don't.

Thanks for quoting the awesomeness that is my car twice though. It's pretty.

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #51
CPALK719

Quote:
No. No you don't.

Thanks for quoting the awesomeness that is my car twice though. It's pretty.
so pretty with condensation or that half ass done flat black paint in the headlight housing. after seeing that i definetly wouldn't follow any tutorial from you....
Old 03-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #52
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Quote:
so pretty with condensation or that half ass done flat black paint in the headlight housing. after seeing that i definetly wouldn't follow any tutorial from you....
You need to lay off the Miller Lite, must be too strong for you. That's a camera phone picture. It isn't even high enough resolution to judge the quality of the paint job. Which by the way, is awesome.

And the only condensation you're seeing is where your brain used to be. Along with all the other waste of blood and organs. Your shitty thread just needs to be locked and you should be banned. Because you suck at reading, posting, making good threads, participating in OTHER threads...you just suck at everything!

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #53
CPALK719

Quote:
You need to lay off the Miller Lite, must be too strong for you. That's a camera phone picture. It isn't even high enough resolution to judge the quality of the paint job. Which by the way, is awesome.

And the only condensation you're seeing is where your brain used to be. Along with all the other waste of blood and organs. Your shitty thread just needs to be locked and you should be banned. Because you suck at reading, posting, making good threads, participating in OTHER threads...you just suck at everything!
when i get as bad as you, then i'll just either shoot or drown myself. your 10 threads on doing fucked up projector/blacking out headlight housings, scion head units, for one for sale thread, and HI FROM SAVANNAH !! was just really informative. matter of fact i bet majority of the remaining yarisworld members, if not dont even know you probably dont even like you....

do us all a favor and just either put the barrel of your gun in your mouth or go and wonder away from savannah, and more into a good ol boy area there in georgia where they will not only rape you but they'll probably kill you for being a fucking flamer and driving around in such a shitty looking car.

Your car is whack, your shit slow, your mods look like a handicapped child did them. and your just a poor excuse for a human being.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #54
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
OK guys, you all need to take a deep breath here. There are ways of disagreeing without resorting to name calling and stuff. Not that you're not entertaining the rest of us with the snarky remarks but how about we all cool off a bit in here?

You want to use the forum to find some help, then be aware of 2 things: no matter what you post, whether it's a mod, or should I wax my car, or whatever, people are gonna be disagreeing with you. Just take any thread, for each question there are at least 5 different dissenting opinions. If you don't like the feedback, then say "thanks, that's not my cup of tea." and move on.

the mods generally take a hands-off approach in here but this doesn't mean it's a free for all where you can just go on and insult each other. Be aware also that we don't want to babysit everybody so the warnings will come swiftly and the threads will get locked even faster than it takes to type this post.

hope you all get what I'm saying

Last edited by tomato; 03-17-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Warning explained.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote