Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-12-2013, 04:07 AM   #19
Chuckie

Drives: 2011 Yaris Hatchback
Bro, could you do us guys here in the Philippines a big favor? Could you ask RZCrew about the B and C collars? Because they dont specify in their instructions about the B and C.. Thanks alot..!!
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:16 AM   #20
evo165

Drives: peArL yAvItZ!!
Send a message via MSN to evo165
Get back to you soon!
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
evo165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
Chuckie

^^ thanks bro. Also curious about the service life. I know Spoon claims theirs last forever.. Could you ask them about theirs? Thanks again !
Old 10-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #22
evo165

Bro Chuckie, good news for us. I have spoken to the mechanic from the Rzchew. There are total 6 collars for our sub frame. 4 collars only one side have the taper flange and the other 2 collars have double side of tiny taper flange.

The one have double taper flange is mount in the very front top of the sub frame and they are to be mount in between the chassis and sub frame.

The one have single side of taper flange is to mount between the bolts and the sub frame. :) this make sense to me after looking at the collars closely.

Yours is mounted correctly!! :) cheers and have a great weekend ahead!

Nothing is needed for service sir. When mounting the collars, it is good to give some anti seize grease over the collars and bolts. As our collars is made of aluminium, sub frame and bolts are steel. We want to make sure the alu doesn't seize up and bite onto the steel material as time go by. In fact, those tiny collars will be able to last us till we scrap our cars. :)
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #23
atlebatoyot
'Yota fanatic.

Drives: Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Read all the reviews, watched all the videos, and "digested" all the testimonials about these. Initially, I was a bit skeptic about the product, but once the mechanic pulled that first bolt off and I saw the size of that bolt hole -- I realized these were BRILLIANT!

Yes, just like Chuckie, I got these from the local distributor of RZ Crew Rigid Collars (a great chap from Vios Club Philippines).

After driving the car, city and highway, from 15 kph to 130 kph, the difference in handling had improved by LEAPS! It took that sideward "drifting" out of hi-speed straightline cruising and the car felt really solid. I likewise went fast towards bumps, just to check if anything would be different, and I can now actually feel the suspension working. I also "accidentally" hit potholes at speed and I didn't hear that "klunk" anymore (i.e., as if the tyres were going to come off) --- the abrupt jolt completely disappeared!

Of course, as in every automative innovation, you'll find naysayers saying this is just snake oil or placebo but I know how much better my car handles now and since it's worked great for my Vios, I don't really care what the haters say.

My sub-compact now drives like a luxury vehicle.

Last edited by atlebatoyot; 10-23-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Edit: Just had to mention the amiable supplier from Vios Club Phils.
atlebatoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #24
evo165

Good stuffs at low cost!! I love mine too!!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #25
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlebatoyot View Post
Read all the reviews, watched all the videos, and "digested" all the testimonials about these. Initially, I was a bit skeptic about the product, but once the mechanic pulled that first bolt off and I saw the size of that bolt hole -- I realized these were BRILLIANT!

Yes, just like Chuckie, I got these from the local distributor of RZ Crew Rigid Collars (a great chap from Vios Club Philippines).

After driving the car, city and highway, from 15 kph to 130 kph, the difference in handling had improved by LEAPS! It took that sideward "drifting" out of hi-speed straightline cruising and the car felt really solid. I likewise went fast towards bumps, just to check if anything would be different, and I can now actually feel the suspension working. I also "accidentally" hit potholes at speed and I didn't hear that "klunk" anymore (i.e., as if the tyres were going to come off) --- the abrupt jolt completely disappeared!

Of course, as in every automative innovation, you'll find naysayers saying this is just snake oil or placebo but I know how much better my car handles now and since it's worked great for my Vios, I don't really care what the haters say.

My sub-compact now drives like a luxury vehicle.
Im sorry but this seems fishy to me. You mean to tell me that you got on to yarisworld and registered this month, and the first post you made was a review about these colars and how amazing they are.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
evo165

A reseller from Philippines?? hehe...
Old 10-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #27
atlebatoyot
'Yota fanatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Im sorry but this seems fishy to me. You mean to tell me that you got on to yarisworld and registered this month, and the first post you made was a review about these colars and how amazing they are.
Apologies if that's how it seems but it's actually the other way around.

I was actually WAITING for somebody to install these rigid collars on a Toyota ('cuz everything on the net about these were either on Subarus or Hondas). So when I stumbled upon Chuckie's post last month, that made up my mind for me.

The local RZ Crew distributor had his own local website, for the collars, long before that.

I was just playing safe until somebody who had a Yaris (and came from the Philippines) had these installed and posted his review here.

Sorry if my review sounded like an infomercial though. My bad.

Happy driving!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #28
atlebatoyot
'Yota fanatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo165 View Post
A reseller from Philippines?? hehe...
Hahaha! I wish I had the funds!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #29
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
It's cool. No offense.

I see you now started posting pictures in alot of the threads with your car now.. Looks good.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #30
atlebatoyot
'Yota fanatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
It's cool. No offense.

I see you now started posting pictures in alot of the threads with your car now.. Looks good.
Thanks!

Just wish we had rims here like the ones you have on your avatar pic.

Deep dish mags here are mostly monotone. And I'm not too keen on having rims painted either.

Last edited by atlebatoyot; 10-23-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Edit: And Rays rims from Japan are so darn EXPENSIVE! :(
Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #31
YARISed

Drives: 2011 S sedan A/T
Ok. I want a set. Can anybody hook a kapatid up stateside?

Apir!
YARISed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #32
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Chuckie and or Evo.....can you hook some state side guys up. I can't find a website that has these for sale. I don't do facebook sites. Thanks
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #33
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Maybe we could get a group buy going? I'm starting to get interested in these...

Last edited by tk-421; 11-08-2013 at 12:41 AM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #34
evo165

Guys, this is the link to the web: http://www.rzcrewgarage.com/

Just drop them a email at sales@rzcrewgarage.com

I am sure they'll reply back... ;)
Old 11-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #35
Chuckie

^^^ Try to get the Spoon ones. They look really nice... You could order them if you have a contact in Japan. I think its only a matter of time before they become available stateside. Maybe Microimage probably get them..and CaliYaris did say they could make them as well.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:34 AM   #36
pj ph

Drives: yaris sedan vios
any professional info about this please? thanks!
pj ph is offline   Reply With Quote